Has anyone else received an email about a free upgrade?

matt&jakesmom

DIS Veteran
Just received an email from Disney Destinations that states we are offered a free upgrade from our value resort to Saratoga Springs or Key West. I know these resorts are for disney vacation club members so is this a way to try and "lure" new families? I am all for a free upgrade, but don't want to be talked into something. Before I call, I thought I get your opinions first.
Thanks.:)

Go look on the Disney Resorts board. Lots of people were offered this. (We weren't, not staying at a value during free dining). No one reported anyone trying to sell them DVC.

I would go for it!!
WisMom

Moved your post here to Resorts Board I think the experts here can give you some great advice on this offer.That said when we bought DVC the sales team was polite,non-aggressive and very very low pressure.We bought it in 1992.:goodvibes Danny

We received this upgrade over the Easter break and never received a sales pitch. Grab the upgrade! You will be so thrilled with it!:goodvibes

I think you should definitely call them and accept it! Congratulations! That is a great upgrade. It seems that Disney overbooked Pop for check ins the last week of August - the beginning week of Sept, and are in the process of going down their list ~ probably in some sort of order and offering an upgrade to move you. Lots of people have reported getting this in the last 2 days on these boards. Some people have even been upgraded into a 1 bedroom!

You get a better resort, more room, more ammenities, you don't lose free dining and it costs you nothing! They won't pressure or even talk about buying into DVC while there. Plenty of people rent rooms there like any regular WDW resort. (It is not like those timeshare presentations you might be thinking of where they take you on a high pressure tour and give you some free ticket or meal)

You lucked out! :wizard:

Call ASAP--it's legit and no pressure. It took me almost an hour on the phone, but it was well worth it. They may all be gone by now, but be sure to ask if you can get a 1 BR villa. If they're taken, the studio is still a huge upgrade (nicer resort with more elaborate pool, free kitchenette w/fridge,etc.)

:tink:

No pressure to buy, you don't need to sit in a meeting ... they know that if those who fall in love while you are there will look into becoming a member

We upgraded and now have a one bedroom villa at SSR... we can't believe how fantastic this vacation is turning out!!:thumbsup2

The value resorts are over booked during free dining, this is not a DVC marketing strategy. OKW and SSR had openings, so guests are being offered upgrades.

There will not be a sales pitch to buy. Materials will be in your room and there is info on the TV channels.

If someone does end up buying then it is a win-win for Disney, but the reason is the over booking of the values during free dining.

Definitely grab this deal. Personally, I'd pick SSR, but either resort is great. If you do decide to buy, go through a current owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter