• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

has anyone done this?

Sherri

DIS Veteran<br><font color=deeppink>I never though
Hi everyone. I was so stressed out about not having enough room that I booked two studios rather then a one bedroom (not enough points for a two bedroom). My reasoning was that we now will have enough beds for everyone. Last year we rented 1 studio and brought the air mattress.
As much as I didn't want to use the points this time I decided to go for comfort. Ideally I wish that as some hotels do that there would be an option for a rollout bed in the one bedroom then we could all stay together :) .
But I must say, I am a lot less stressed now knowing we will have enough room for each child to sleep comfortably. I just wonder what people who may have the same situation as me do. (14 and 13 year old boy and girl).
Thanks-

We are still at the air mattress stage, even in a 1 bed. We have a DD13 and DS11. But I understand your dilema. Let us know how it works out.

I don't mind the air mattress, they are so comfortable these days. I am just a compulsive overpacker (lol). I don't always do well leaving room for it.
Part me is sad that all of us won't be staying in the same room, but then again I need to remind myself that we won't be spending a whole lot of time in the rooms anyway.

Did you request the studios be close to each other? It won't be guarranteed but at least get it listed. I requested my DBIL family's 2 BR be close to our 1BR and they were two floors and several hallways away! It least we were in the same time zone! :rotfl2:

We've had a 2 BR and two studios. The one thing about this that scares me is there is no way to guarantee how close to each other they will be. And you can't use the arguement with DVC about the kids because technically you'd have to have an adult in each unit. I'd do what it took to get the 2 BR. Borrow or rent or even pay cash for a night or so. And if you do any cooking at all in the room, the kitchen will be worth the difference.

If we couldn't get two studios then we would have borrowed points for a two bedroom. She noted the request that we wanted them as close together as possible. But as many have said before, its only a request and not a guarentee. I am hoping we get lucky.
We are hoping for some nice weather and planning our days out for the most part. I would like to add some points to our contract but DH is being a grump about it. The problem is we have two other timeshares (pre-Disney) or we would have stopped at Disney. If we sell one of the other timeshares then we will pick up some more points. I see Saratoga (our home resort) has some the points for cheaper then what we bought them for, so now may be a good time to purchase. Then again DH is the budgeter in our family (lol).
Maybe he will change his mind when we go and are all sleeping seperate.

with DH, self, 21yo DD, & 17yo DS:
we get a 1 bedroom villa, & bring our twin aerobed (we put it in a wheeled carry-on for extra protection & ease of carrying).
with 1 bed, 1 sofabed, & 1 aerobed, there's lots of sleeping configurations for 4 ppl, & we still get the washer/dryer, full kitchen & lotsa room ~ PERFECT solution for us :sunny:
hth

The thought of having a larger bathroom and an actual bedroom seems very nice. I see they now have aero beds that raise up to the height of an actual bed. If I could find something like that then it would be ideal.
I have time to change so I should do my homework. Our last aerobed (we got a lot of use out of it) has a slow leak, so I am due for a new one.

If you feel you can't do the 1 bedroom at SSR, then try the 1 bedroom at OKW. You will have a bit more space and with the hide-a-bed AND the air bed (use the laundry room as one of the bedrooms) you will all be comfortable and have the full kitchen and plenty of room for everyone.

Difficult one - i would definitely try the airbed. It's a shame they don't have some kind of pull out in the one bed villas, as most kids don't want to share. It would be much nicer having the one bed so you have the kitchen and big bath - and as Dean said, it would be awful if you got studios apart from each other. Also, you will use less points getting the one bedroom.

Part of the glass is half full argument...with a 13 year old and a 14 year old, it might be a really neat opportunity for each parent to spend one-on-one time with a child. The girls could be giggling together talking about girl things at the end of the day, and the same thing with your dh and ds (except they will have a sports game on tv!). It might be sort of special...give it a try! A couple of years ago my dd and I drove to DC to attend a wedding--just a girls weekend in the hotel--really special, so glad we did it. On our Dec. Disney cruise the kids slept in a room across the hall from us--they liked their independence for that too, so it is also an option depending on your comfort level. If you do keep 2 studios I recommend walkie-talkies---easy way to instantly be in touch. Good luck deciding! :sunny:

I was thinking that too. Infact when my daughter heard what we were doing with the two rooms she was thrilled. My son and my husband are just as happy. But now I am thinking I want to California instead. Can switch for California I wonder. I wonder if thats hard to do. Since it is a hotel I think we can get one room with a rollout. I didn't realize that it doesn't require a ton of points for a room until I was just looking at the book.
I am not really interseted in Disney Land, I just want the location to be able to go to LA, Hollywood and all that good stuff that the kids may enjoy.
Don't get me wrong we LOVE Disney. But I heard that Disney world is really the best. But if I can save on a hotel by staying at the DisneyLand Hotel, then why not? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter