• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone done this on the dining plan

bamamom

DIS Veteran
I've read where posters have said they ordered the double cheeseburger and ordered an extra bun so they could split it. Can you do this on the dining plan and how does it work do you just pay for the bun out of pocket? The reason I am asking is we have electric umbrella on our list as possible CS for lunch. They do not offer a burger on the child's menu and my son likes burgers and I'm sure he is going to get sick of chicken nuggets since that is pretty much all that is on most of the kids menus. So I thought he and I could share the double bacon cheese burger and then buy him a drink. Has anyone done this?

I've done it, but I wasn't on the dining plan. They charged me around .80 cents for the extra bun.

Lori

There are always kids options besides chicken nuggets (not always terribly creative, but they are getting better)....they always offer something along the hot dog or hamburger line as well as a cold sandwich...ham or PBJ...we noticed several places last week that were offering kids meals with wraps and veggies and dip.

If you really want to share with your son, why not just cut the double cheeseburger in 1/2??

My DH and I do this at Pecos Bill's in the MK. Yes, just pay for the bun out of pocket.
To answer the OP... A double cheeseburger is huge. Getting the extra bun and splitting is MORE than enough for 2 adults. Plus if you cut the burger, it's harder to put toppings on from the awesome toppings bar.
No one should be eating a double cheeseburger anyway by themselves...trust me you don't want to even know how much fat is in there. It's much more responsible nutritonally to split it. I'm sure I'll get flammed...I know we're all on vacation...and you're walking a lot but... we should at least attempt to eat better and to teach our kids that. Not that i'm saying don't get the burger...they are yummy, don't deprive yourselves...just don't over do it either.
P.S. This "burger splitting" trick happens to be one of the best $$ deals in WDW!

We've done this MANY times! We order 2 dbl-cheese burger meals with the largest fries & drinks possible. We can split it with our 3 kids with no problem (ages 8 & under).

We've never been charged for the bun. The CM's usually don't know what to do with that (in our experience), so they just give it to us. :)

We do it but have never done it on the dining plan..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter