Has anyone done a Disney wedding theme but not at WDW?

Eponine1

DIS Veteran
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has done a Disney Wedding theme but didn't get married at WDW?

I would love to do a Disney Wedding but geez...the prices are too much for me. Plus I have family member that won't fly, so Florida or a destination wedding is out. But I thought why not still have a themed wedding (cake, topper, invitations, etc) anyway?

Love to hear if anyone has done this.

Thanks!

I considered having my wedding at Disney, but for various reasons -- cost being one of them, it wasn't going to work out.

I didn't exactly have a Disney theme wedding at home, but we did throw a few little touches in, most notably for the cake I used bride and groom mickey ornaments from lenox. I thought it turned out really cute. We did one small cake with lots of cupcakes so the size was just right. We used our actual bride and groom Mickey ears to decorate the cake table. My sister also threw me a Disney-themed bridal shower, and of course we went to Disney World for our honeymoon! :)

262441_10150253068536286_583511285_7983796_3708621_n.jpg

OMG..that cake is so pretty! I love, love the topper!

I don't want to do an overkill with the Disney stuff but I thought doing various things would be neat.

Did you have any Disney music during the ceremony or reception?

Thanks for posting. I really appreciate it.

I am having a Disney themed wedding in SC! Naturally we are going to Disney for our Honeymoon- but cost was an issue for us, but my Fiance did promise that we could have a vow renewal in Disney, so that is good enough for me! :)

I am adding lots of Disney touches from my invites, to monograms, centerpieces, as well as my cake server, music, cake topper, cupcakes, and more!

I have a PJ in my signature if you'd like to follow along! I am getting married on November 11, 2011!!

Love your journal! You have given me some great ideas.

I'll be at WDW on 11/11/11 until the 19th. Have a wonderful wedding and enjoy your honeymoon :)

I'm going to keep reading your journal too!

I considered having my wedding at Disney, but for various reasons -- cost being one of them, it wasn't going to work out.

I didn't exactly have a Disney theme wedding at home, but we did throw a few little touches in, most notably for the cake I used bride and groom mickey ornaments from lenox. I thought it turned out really cute. We did one small cake with lots of cupcakes so the size was just right. We used our actual bride and groom Mickey ears to decorate the cake table. My sister also threw me a Disney-themed bridal shower, and of course we went to Disney World for our honeymoon! :)

262441_10150253068536286_583511285_7983796_3708621_n.jpg

What a beautiful cake!

I've been after the bride and groom Mickey and Minnie ears ornaments for ages but I can never find them both at the same place and I don't want to pay two lots of international shipping! Would you mind telling me where you managed to get them please?

There are loads of couples out there having Disney themed weddings. Have you looked at the Disney Wedding Blog? There are some lovely ideas on there:

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2011/08/up-themed-wedding-spotlight-crista.html

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2010/04/at-home-disney-wedding-inspired-by.html

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2010/10/disney-touches-from-at-home-weddings.html

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2009/09/sleeping-beauty-themed-wedding-call-for.html

Happy planning!

For different reasons we weren't allowed to have a Disney wedding so we haver having a Haunted Mansion themed wedding at home.

Now that a very cool idea! I love the Haunted Mansion :)

Thanks to everyone for the gread ideas so far. Love all the journals.

We’re planning on a Beauty and the Beast inspired wedding. FI and I started dating during our high school’s production of it (seven years ago! :scared1:).

So far all I really have is an inspiration board (we’re not getting married until Sept 2013):
c0770ef1.jpg

We’re going to use vintage books as center pieces. And I like the idea of having hidden Mickeys throughout the wedding for a subtle touch, like on the bouquet and cake. :goodvibes

We added Dsiney touches, but I didn't want it to be over the top. Instead of table numbers, we did attraction names. I wanted to get postcard sized prints of the old school posters, but that didn't pan out, so I just printed table cards myself. Three years later, people still say "Oh yeah, we were at the Haunted Mansion table." The guests really seemed to like it.

We had the DJ play the Phil Collins version of "Welcome" from Brother Bear (and the parade at Disneyland) when people moved from the cocktail hour to the reception. The words were perfect and really only Disney people would get the connection. He also played Be Our Guest when dinner started, but that was his doing. It fit though. I feel like there was one more Disney song played at some point, maybe dinner.

I asked the bakery if they could put a few Hidden Mickeys on the cake but she scoffed at me like I had three heads. I think she thought I wanted a giant Mickey Mouse and it just wasn't worth explaining!

We did ......I STILL wish though that i went with my Gut and got married at Disney- still regret it.....Since it was 14 years ago I dont have any Online pics to show you...

BUT what we did was the black, white, red theme.

The GUYS all wore the Mickey Vests with mickey bowtie, the girls wore black and white dresses...everyone except me had red flowers.

On our cake we have the mickey/ minnie toppers and we came in with our mickey wedding ears on.

( DisneyMOONED for 11 days at the world)

that was just a few of the Mickey touches....

My DF and I met working in Disney as Professional Interns. We seriously considered a Disney wedding, but the cost was just a bit much, plus we realized how much it would impact all of our family to travel there and stay there for the wedding. So we decided to do our own thing at home. I'm so happy it's what we're doing, because it's a lot less stress than it initially was.

We're getting married at our local zoo, in an underwater dolphin viewing area.And having Disney touches. Our wedding will be followed by a dessert party reception. The whole night we'll get to experience the dolphins and listen to the Disney fairytale wedding CD. :) Plus my favors are also little mickey head soaps.

A Disney wedding at home can be whatever you make it! It'll be just as special of a day for you and your FI.

We are traveling to Disney the next day for our honeymoon too! So we still get to go back! :)

Ariel864...I can understand and relate about the impact on family members. That was another concern we have.

I'm getting some wonderful ideas from everyone!

Thanks to everyone :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter