Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I don't have experience w/stickers (painted mine w/nail polish & it turned out great!) but I know that purple hasn't been an option for a customized color on the site. So you'd have to get a purple polish & paint over the original color to get a purple band but it should still turn out looking good. I also am not a good painter & cannot draw a stick figure right but found just painting the whole thing w/different colors/sparkle nail polish was super fun! :goodvibes

That's exactly what I did!! I have a standard grey one from my last minute 2 day trip in January. Already have a red one from Dec and my AP blue one just arrived. So took the grey one and painted it a beautiful deep shiny purple, my favorite toe nail polish!! Looks wonderful!

Now to figure out what to do now. But it is fun!!!!

That's exactly what I did!! I have a standard grey one from my last minute 2 day trip in January. Already have a red one from Dec and my AP blue one just arrived. So took the grey one and painted it a beautiful deep shiny purple, my favorite toe nail polish!! Looks wonderful!

Now to figure out what to do now. But it is fun!!!!

That sounds awesome! :thumbsup2 Purple is one of my favorite colors. Do you have a photo you could post (or have already), please?

Our AP bands have been shipped and are on the way. That means I'll have three more to decorate soon, and then another three before our trip in August. :cool1: Plus my sister wants me to do her families bands for August too, that's 6 more. :cool1:

I've just read through this entire tread. Me and DD are inspired. Can't wait to get our MB's so I can go to work on them. :cool1: I'm thinking Minnie for my red one and princesses for DD's. Definitely going with sparkle nail polish for both. Thinking glow in the dark clear coat and tiger stripes for DS's orange one.

I redid my pink one that I had put stripes on, it's now the greenish gold one. The color changes depending on the angle. It goes from a bluish the gold, it's my Ariel inspired one.

The yellow one is my Beauty and the Beast one. I wanted bigger tattoos but I couldn't find any with just Belle and Beast so they are small.

I can see your 2014 bag in the background :) I bought one too! I absolutely love the 2014 castle design! It's so cute! We got the t shirts when they were offered as a limited time magic from the Disney Store in Jan!!

Our AP bands have been shipped and are on the way. That means I'll have three more to decorate soon, and then another three before our trip in August. :cool1: Plus my sister wants me to do her families bands for August too, that's 6 more. :cool1:

I just may have to drive north and add my MBs to your list of bands to decorate! Your designs are wonderful!

Hi all,

Starting my 3rd day at DWD (unfortunately leaving tomorrow) Staying at All Star Music. I've had several comments from cast members on my band here. I have a simple blue band with black and white polka dots. Staff say they actually haven't seen that many decorated bands.
My mom's been on the look out and said that she hasn't seen any either.
One cast member did indicate that there was going to be some big reveal for decoration to the magic bands. Probably at D23

Just thought I'd share. :flower3:

Flametla said:
Hi all,

Starting my 3rd day at DWD (unfortunately leaving tomorrow) Staying at All Star Music. I've had several comments from cast members on my band here. I have a simple blue band with black and white polka dots. Staff say they actually haven't seen that many decorated bands.
One cast member did indicate that there was going to be some big reveal for decoration to the magic bands. Probably at D23

Squee!!! I. Cant wait to pimp our bands!!

Hi all, Starting my 3rd day at DWD (unfortunately leaving tomorrow) Staying at All Star Music. I've had several comments from cast members on my band here. I have a simple blue band with black and white polka dots. Staff say they actually haven't seen that many decorated bands. My mom's been on the look out and said that she hasn't seen any either. One cast member did indicate that there was going to be some big reveal for decoration to the magic bands. Probably at D23 Just thought I'd share. :flower3:

Hi! We've been here since Friday n leaving this Friday we are staying at Pop Century n we have also gotten tons of compliments on our bands from both guests n CM. I have actually been on the look out n haven't either seen any bands decorated but I'm sure that the guests who have seen our bands will most likely decorate them either on this trip or next. I've noticed also not everyone knows they are able to get them in colors. We were actually asked yesterday if they came decorated n in the colors we have n we told them no but yes u can choose your colors. I've also been looking for temp tattoos n I think they aren't selling them no more. Oh well I guess I'll have order new tattoos for my AP bands that I'll have to decorate when we get back home. Well with that said, Hope you continue enjoying your vacation.

Flametla said:
Hi all,

Squee!!! I. Cant wait to pimp our bands!!

I was watching a program DH DVR'd for me about Disney. They were talking about MB and showed ppl using them. I was surprised to see a Little boy of about 7 with a decorated band. I kept rerunning it to see if it was a cover or personally decorated.....such a short clip I could never tell.

I'm thinking about just super gluing some rhinestones to my band. Has anyone tried this? Does it hold up or are they falling off within the first two days??

I used E6000 glue for rhinestones, they stayed on for the 4 days we wore the bands. Still on now! We didn't swim with them, but it was plenty hot out and we wore lots of sunscreen.

I'm thinking about just super gluing some rhinestones to my band. Has anyone tried this? Does it hold up or are they falling off within the first two days??

I haven't taken photos of our bands... but for my band, I first used purple nail polish to change the color and then got rhinestone stickers from Michaels. Then I used a glow in the dark which dried clear around all the rhinestones.... didn't lose a single one in 6 days...I think I took it off to shower though.

(I have to remember to take pics this evening and post, my favorite was my DH's.... we got so many compliments on all of them.)

I haven't taken photos of our bands... but for my band, I first used purple nail polish to change the color and then got rhinestone stickers from Michaels. Then I used a glow in the dark which dried clear around all the rhinestones.... didn't lose a single one in 6 days...I think I took it off to shower though. (I have to remember to take pics this evening and post, my favorite was my DH's.... we got so many compliments on all of them.)

I'm trying to by pass the nail polish, I've tried everything, base coat, top coat, glitter and I can't seem to keep it from cracking. That's why I decided to do just the Rhinestones. The worst that can happen is they fall off lol where as cracking nail polish is a pain in the butt.

I'm trying to by pass the nail polish, I've tried everything, base coat, top coat, glitter and I can't seem to keep it from cracking. That's why I decided to do just the Rhinestones. The worst that can happen is they fall off lol where as cracking nail polish is a pain in the butt.

This is my plan as well, I'm not liking the nail polish thing so I bought some rhinestones and e6000 and I'm thinking of putting the band on my wrist mark where I want the stones and then glue them on.

It sounds simple so I hope it works, but we won't have our bands for awhile yet, I am planning to try it out first on one of our old bands though. I want to continually submerge the band once decorated into water and see how well the stones hold up. And then we are the band around my house for awhile doing everyday activities to test it.

I'm really particular about things so if stones start falling off or anything like that I'll know before I decorate my band that I'll be wearing for our trip and skip decorating all together if I can't perfect it before hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter