Has Anyone Booked Random Wind in St. Maarten?

Daniellenbella

Mouseketeer
We are looking for somthing to do in St. Maarten but none of the DCL excursions appeal to us. Has anyone gone on the Random Wind in Simpson Bay? It has fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor....

or what are your suggestions for things to do in St. Maarten if you don't want to do a DCL excursion and you don't want to stay on the boat?

It will be myself, my DH, and DD age 7

TIA!
Danielle
(tried to post link but was denied :guilty:)

No one replies, but I think we are going to book it. When is your cruise? We are on the Nov 5, I'll let you know how it goes.

We are looking for somthing to do in St. Maarten but none of the DCL excursions appeal to us. Has anyone gone on the Random Wind in Simpson Bay? It has fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor....

or what are your suggestions for things to do in St. Maarten if you don't want to do a DCL excursion and you don't want to stay on the boat?

It will be myself, my DH, and DD age 7

TIA!
Danielle
(tried to post link but was denied :guilty:)

Thanks for the info. I haven't done this, but looking at reviews like you said on Trip Advisor it looks great. Trying to figure out how far from the port is this dock. This has risen high on my list for March.

This looks really good as we aren't keen on the DCL excursions either but, how far away is this from the port? I am terrified that we might not make it back in time, especially if the traffic is as bad as they say it is!

Looks good.
20.creation.jpg

This looks really good as we aren't keen on the DCL excursions either but, how far away is this from the port? I am terrified that we might not make it back in time, especially if the traffic is as bad as they say it is!

I've been e-mailing with the folks with Random Wind and she states is a 15 to 20 minute cab ride from the dock. If true it should leave plenty of time to get back to the boat in time. I think the excursion ends around 3:30pm and the boat leaves at 6:30 I believe.

I've been e-mailing with the folks with Random Wind and she states is a 15 to 20 minute cab ride from the dock. If true it should leave plenty of time to get back to the boat in time. I think the excursion ends around 3:30pm and the boat leaves at 6:30 I believe.

Thanks for that info. Definitely going to look into doing this- can't wait to try that Tarzan swing!:yay::yay:

I reserved this today and expressed my concerns about getting back to the ship on time. Di said that she keeps her blackberry with her and will make sure we have a cab waiting for us when we get in.

I know some people had subscribed to this thread to see how the excursion goes so I wanted to update.

It fell through. Di (claims) she had computer problems and accidentally booked a private charter the day we were supposed to go. She asked the people who booked the private charter if we could come along but they said no. But we wouldn't have wanted to do that anyway. She said we will get a full refund on our deposit. But with our cruise less than 3 wks away, we are now scrambling looking for snorkeling excursion. I'm extremely disappointed and very unhappy how it went down.

Wow - what a bummer. Not very professional of them!

We did a catamaran tour with Golden Eagle -- I think they had about four Golden Eagles, as it turned out. We booked through Disney.

We left from the bottom of the cruise ship pier, and toured under sail and power for about 20 minutes to a small cove. We snorkelled there, while DD hung out on the sand with a friend, and then powered back. It was a nice journey to see a bit of the island, but the snorkelling was nowhere as good as St. Thomas.

Really sorry to hear that this has happened to you Danielle! We have booked Random Wind for our cruise in May and I am hoping something like this doesn't happen to us as well! Think I will come up with a Plan B just in case!
Thanks for letting us know and hope you find someone else to go snorkelling with!
Have a great cruise!

Kim :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter