Has any ordered anything from the Disney Direct website?

elismom

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes
They have some really nice christmas stuff on sale and I was wondering what the shipping prices would be like?

Pretty pricey as far as I remember ... and then you also have to pay duty/taxes when your order crosses the border. I wanted to order a lamp from them but the shipping came up to the same price as the lamp :earseek:

About 2 years ago I found some really nice sweatshirts on sale. I was going to purchase a few of them, had them in the cart and the total was something like $24. Shipping was around $30! And then there's duty to contend with, and if they ship it by UPS you have their ever-popular "brokerage fee" too.

I ended up placing the order and having the stuff shipped to a friend in the US, who then sent it to me for much less.

The last thing I had ordered from them was from DHL. I don't think they had a ridiculous brokerage fee (I don't ship UPS anymore because of that) but there was about $15-$20 in taxes and fees.

I agree with Amberle3's suggestion that if you know someone in the US, have it shipped to them. I have a friend in Buffalo who brings me back things I've ordered from the US every so often :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter