Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Tod&Copper, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Tod&Copper

Tod&Copper DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if DCL shows the Harry Potter films onboard?

Just wondering if the new film will be showing :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. keaster

keaster DIS Veteran

Harry Potter is not a Disney production, so no, it's not shown in the Buena Vista theatre, funnel vision or the Walt Disney Theatre.

On our July 5th Dream cruise, the main movies shown were Cars 2, POTC 4, Disney's African Cats, I Am Number 4, and a few others I can't recall!!

4. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I'm pretty sure Disney shows only its own stuff, and the Harry Potter films are released by Warner Brothers.

5. PoohJen

PoohJen <font color=green>Willing to share a Mickey Bar?<b

Yes, HP is Warner Bros, and the new film won't be shown on the ship. However, I HAVE seen older HP movies on the tv's in the cabin during the cruise in the past, even though not Disney. I distinctly remember the boys watching Azkaban in snippets throughout the cruise whenever we came into the room to change, or get ready for bed, lol.

If you are a Potter fan - definitely get out there and see the movie! It was "wow"! The movies can never capture all the depth and backstories of the book, but Part 2 did a good job of portraying the end of the Deathly Hallows book.:thumbsup2

6. HELPDESKGUY

HELPDESKGUY Disney Dad

No worries I'm sure WDW Company will soon acquire all of Universal and its affiliates.