Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by ChrisFL, Apr 8, 2010.

1. daf

daf Earning My Ears

I was also really disappointed to hear there aren't any milder rides. I love Harry Potter and I don't like intense rides.
    I'd really hate waiting for my guy while he's experiencing the wizarding world all by himself :(.
    To me even the ex-unicorn-kind-of-ride can cause nausea.
    I wish they did something like E.T. (which I LOVE) or even something like the spiderman ride.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MaleficentandGoons

MaleficentandGoons Mouseketeer

Where does it say that it's counter service? I'm confused. :confused3 I'm pretty sure that it isn't given the menu. What about the Pub in the back too?

4. MaleficentandGoons

MaleficentandGoons Mouseketeer

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure they are serving breakfast.

5. bubba's mom

bubba's mom <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=darko

This is what the menu for The Enchanted Oak was:

http://allears.net/uni/menu/men_eo.htm

There is as much selection there as the Three Broomsticks will probably have.

It's set up the same so far...even seating outside.

Most of the parks are CS and with the volume of people expected, CS moves people thru quicker. There has been much discussion and most think it will be CS. If you want TS, Mythos is just down the next land.

This will be our 5th year going to UO, and I will bet that it will be CS.

Most TS is at CW.

As for the pub...that used to be inside (where you would sit & eat)...Alchemy Bar. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing and put the bar in Three Broomsticks. It was always convenient to get some beverages on the way out of DD (now DC).

6. bubba's mom

It's not typical for places to serve breakfast in the parks. There's Confisco's exception w/ the Spiderman breakfast. I do believe the HP packages were selling a breakfast...which, could easily be shipped/catered in.

I guess only time will tell.... Stay tuned!

7. tinkerdorabelle

tinkerdorabelle DIS Veteran

I know ET like ride would be AWESOME. I LOVE ET. That's what I was hoping for. ;o) And I agree also with that ex unicorn ride, that wasn't that mild for a kiddy ride either. Maybe one will be tho, we can wish! :thumbsup2

8. glocon

glocon DIS Veteran

How cool would it be if they put the Durmstrang ship in the lagoon?:yay:

9. MrBryan

MrBryan Mouseketeer

that would/would've been something

10. MAYNARDS99

MAYNARDS99 DIS Veteran

I've noted on the Universal website, that on-site hotel "vacation packages" include early park admission. One hour before posted opening time.

Does anyone know how they will be able to tell if you have a "vacation package" or an on-site room only reservation?

11. TwingleMum

TwingleMum DIS Veteran

When I made my ressie the agent told me that we would be entitled to early admission.

12. bubba's mom

They won't know.

Because of the FJ being popular, hotel guests can only use their fotl express key one time a day. To compensate (i think), they are giving resort guests 1 hr early entrance to the park. So, I'm guessing you either show your roomkey, or something they are going to give you for booking a package (if not staying onsite).

13. Fryan08

Fryan08 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the Three Broomsricks is going to be part of the Meal Deal that Universal has?

Thanks!!

14. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Probably not...no time soon anyway.

15. bubba's mom

I would think not also.

Because of the menu and popularity....

All the places participating in MD seem to have same sort of menu offerings. I don't think burgers are an option at Three Brooms? :confused3

16. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

Sorry...I'm confused...what else is new!

We will be staying onsite, RPR. I did not book a package. I have annual passes and I have a room only reservation. Can I get into the park one hour early?

17. bubba's mom

That is our situation also.

Book room only as we have APs.

(2 yrs ago they let AP holders in an hour early.)

Some are saying 1/2 hr, some say 1hr.

We don't go till mid July, so I will sit and wait n see what others say.

You would think the hotels would have their info straight? :confused3

Either way....even 1/2 hr is better than nothing.

18. Don Pacho

Don Pacho Uncle Frank

Of course. All you have to show is your room key (electronic card).
    plus the park ticket unless is already added to your card like in WDW.

19. CTFamilyCruisers

CTFamilyCruisers Mouseketeer

Question from a first timer here. We are going in August and booked on site with the HP package. We get 2 days in the parks (one park per day). Our package includes early admission to WWoHP and Three Broomsticks Breakfast. If normal park opening is at 9, do we get in at 8? I made 8:30 reservations for Three Broomsticks, incorrectly assuming we would get FOTLA for HP attractions. What is the right way to do this? I assume I should push the breakfast back to one of the later times so we can do WWoHP first, then Three Broomsticsk then the rest of IOA with FOTLA, right? Or am I way off base?

20. yaytezIOA

yaytezIOA ioacentralveteran

21. derekburgan

derekburgan Mouseketeer

That's an interesting read (the link). Some good discussion points, and some ridiculous and almost condescending ones as well. Even the most cynical Debbie Downer is stretching to warn people about long lines. I was surprised there wasn't a section faulting the June 18th opening date by warning people that Florida has a tendency to be hot in the summer.

And implying that the changing price cost of the Express pass is "gouging" in the same theme park industry in which restaurants at Disney raise their prices "due to guest demand" on heavier traffic periods? That's a bit much.