Harry Potter Touring Plan HELP

KellDy

Mouseketeer
We are planning a last minute trip to Orlando and will spend one day at Universal with basic Park to Park ticket on Friday Oct 7. I have not been to these parks before, so trying to learn quickly. Everything Harry Potter is the priority for our trip and then if there is time at the end of the day we may check out other attractions. I love touring plans.com & started fiddling with there HP 2 park plan, but its a little confusing having to go back and forth between the two parks. Having the two parks closing at different times is messing with me too, since I'm not familiar enough with the parks yet. US closes at 5:00 and IOA closes at 8. We would like to eat lunch and dinner at Leaky Cauldron & three broomsticks. We won't have early entry.
Give me your best touring plan suggestions!

Be there about 20 minutes before rope drop and when US opens head straight to Diagon Alley. Ride Escape from Gringotts. Or if lines are long do single rider line.

Do Ollivanders wand show in Diagon Alley. It's better there. The show at Hogsmeade seems to always have a long line.

Get a interactive wand to do magic tricks in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Map of magic sites included with wand and there are medal makers on the ground in front of magic sites.

Wonder around Diagon Alley. Lots to see. Don't forget to go into Knockturn Alley. It is easy to miss things if you are not looking for them. Like the snake speaking parcel tongue in the side widow of the Magical Menagerie Store.

Since US is closing early maybe lunch at the Leaky Cauldron then dinner at Three Broomsticks.

With your park to park ticket you will be able to ride the Hogwarts Express between Kings Cross Station and Hogsmeade. Ride the train both ways. The scenes that are shown in your coach are different both ways.

Once you have had your fill of Diagon Alley ride the HE over to Hogsmeade and do Forbidden Journey, Flight of The Hippogriff, and Duelling Dragons and you are done with rides in Hogsmeade. Then wander around Hogsmeade and check out Honeydukes for a sweet, the Owl post and Dervish and Banges. If the line is not to long see Ollivanders show again. If you didn't get picked for the show in Diagon Alley maybe you will in Hogsmeade.

Have dinner at Three Broomsticks. If there are 4 or more in your group the family platter is a great price with plenty of food.

Hope this helps a little on the Potter side of things pixiedust:

Be there about 20 minutes before rope drop and when US opens head straight to Diagon Alley. Ride Escape from Gringotts. Or if lines are long do single rider line.

Do Ollivanders wand show in Diagon Alley. It's better there. The show at Hogsmeade seems to always have a long line.

Get a interactive wand to do magic tricks in Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. Map of magic sites included with wand and there are medal makers on the ground in front of magic sites.

Wonder around Diagon Alley. Lots to see. Don't forget to go into Knockturn Alley. It is easy to miss things if you are not looking for them. Like the snake speaking parcel tongue in the side widow of the Magical Menagerie Store.

Since US is closing early maybe lunch at the Leaky Cauldron then dinner at Three Broomsticks.

With your park to park ticket you will be able to ride the Hogwarts Express between Kings Cross Station and Hogsmeade. Ride the train both ways. The scenes that are shown in your coach are different both ways.

Once you have had your fill of Diagon Alley ride the HE over to Hogsmeade and do Forbidden Journey, Flight of The Hippogriff, and Duelling Dragons and you are done with rides in Hogsmeade. Then wander around Hogsmeade and check out Honeydukes for a sweet, the Owl post and Dervish and Banges. If the line is not to long see Ollivanders show again. If you didn't get picked for the show in Diagon Alley maybe you will in Hogsmeade.

Have dinner at Three Broomsticks. If there are 4 or more in your group the family platter is a great price with plenty of food.

Hope this helps a little on the Potter side of things pixiedust:

Thank you! That was similar to the plan I was developing, nice to know I was on the right track.

Make sure you add in there the shows at both of the Harry Potter areas. They are quite cute and if you are a big fan, you will enjoy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter