Harmony Florida

Rgonzalez79

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

As the wife and I continue looking at different areas of Orlando for our big move later this year, we came across Harmony (about 15 minutes north of Lake Nona).

Has anyone ever been to Harmony or know anyone who lives there? In trying to find info online it seems a lot is outdated (pre-2012).

Thanks as always for help fellow Dis-ers

Hi everyone,

As the wife and I continue looking at different areas of Orlando for our big move later this year, we came across Harmony (about 15 minutes north of Lake Nona).

Has anyone ever been to Harmony or know anyone who lives there? In trying to find info online it seems a lot is outdated (pre-2012).

Thanks as always for help fellow Dis-ers

First thing that came up for me is copyrighted : 2014 © Harmony Florida | Developed by Green Advertising

http://www.harmonyfl.com/

otherwise I don't know a thing about it, :duck:good luck to you

Harmony is actually southeast of Lake Nona, about 20 minutes give or take with traffic. It is literally in the middle of nowhere though and the only thing close are the businesses inside of Harmony. It is beautiful, but if you want things close, you will be out of luck. Do you have children and if so, what grades are they in?

Drove by it recently (maybe December?).

It remains in the middle of nowhere and will be a commute to anything major. They do have a high school and what appeared to be a very small strip mall of some kind. This is visible from 192. I don't know what they have in the city. The good news is that once you get to St. Cloud, there is some civilization by way of grocery store options. But still a hike. Though upon putting it into a map, town to town is about 15 minutes. I would figure 20-25 minutes point to point.

Melbourne is about 40 minutes east. You are about 50-60 minutes from the beach. (I disagree with their listed time of 40 minutes unless you fly down 192.)

If you are used to rural life, the distance may not be an issue.

It does seem to be growing bit by bit.

Here is information. They say they have restaurants and a grocery store, now. http://www.harmonyfl.com

Harmony is actually southeast of Lake Nona, about 20 minutes give or take with traffic. It is literally in the middle of nowhere though and the only thing close are the businesses inside of Harmony. It is beautiful, but if you want things close, you will be out of luck. Do you have children and if so, what grades are they in?

Thanks everyone, @Chernabog#1fan, my little munchkin is 9 and she'll be entering 4th grade next school year. I didn't realize how far in the middle of nowhere Harmony was. We're looking to get away from the business of NYC but this might be too extreme.

One more question since you guys seem so knowledgeable, I've read differing reports on the amount of airport noise plaguing Lake Nona (I've also read about the expansion going up beside the Water's Edge section). Are these noise reports greatly exaggerated or is this a valid concern.

Thanks again everyone

The concern is valid. I live south of the airport in Wyndham Lakes but my daughter goes to Lake Nona High and our church is there also. In some neighborhoods of Lake Nona, you will also get train noise as well. I have gotten use to the airport noise, so it is not such a big deal for me. There are also parts that are not noisy, all depends on where exactly you end up.

Harmony is really nice and if you do not mind driving the 15 to 20 minutes, it is not bad. I will say though that you do not want to pick a neighborhood in Osceola county just south of Lake Nona on Narcoossee because your daughter would probably end up zoned for Harmony High School when she gets to that stage and the bus ride is almost an hour due to the stops. It is the silliest thing but all homes south of the intersection at Boggy Creek and Narcoossee are zoned for Harmony High even though Lake Nona is only a few minutes away. It is strictly because they change counties at that intersection.

If your daughter is into theater or choir, I would strongly encourage Lake Nona Middle and Lake Nona High. The middle school was just rated one of the top in the state for performing arts and the high school has an amazing performing arts group.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter