Harmony Barber Shop

parkbr

Mouseketeer
Hi,

I wanted to book an appointment for my DD's first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop and it's fully booked.
:(
I have been trying every 3-4 days for past 3 weeks, but I can't get the spot and we're going in 2.5 weeks.
I heard the walk-ins are available. How does that work? Can I go in the morning and ask them whether I can come back in the afternoon? Or do I have to take the time slots that they give me?

The our MK day, we have PPO ADR, so we won't be dropping by the Barber Shop when they open at 9.

Thanks!

You may be able to get a walk in, but I would keep trying in the meantime. We did DD first haircut there this past September. It was scheduled for 9:30, but were immediately seated at 9:15 when we got there. There were a few people who walked in while we were there and were able to get spots for later in the day so it's worth a shot if nothing becomes available before then.

We were able to walk up at opening and the wait was about 30 min. Worth the wait for my DGS's first haircut.

We want to spend morning doing the rides, if possible, since we'll be already at BOG restaurant at 8. (Park opens at 9.)
I am hoping to get something will show up in the afternoon.
I wonder if I can 'reserve' afternoon slots when we arrive in the morning as walk-ins.

We did a walk-up a few weeks ago. We went in as soon as we arrived at the park (which was nowhere near rope drop!) and were given a time slot a few hours later as our return window. We arrived during the time slot and were seated within 10 minutes!

We did a walk-up a few weeks ago. We went in as soon as we arrived at the park (which was nowhere near rope drop!) and were given a time slot a few hours later as our return window. We arrived during the time slot and were seated within 10 minutes!

Do you have slots to choose from? Or do you have to return the time that they asked you to?
Also, may I asked what time you went? We're going in December, so worried if it will be packed.

We were there the last weeks of September, but went to the barber shop on Oct 1st, which was the 45th Anniversary. The park was packed! They gave us a half an hour window and I guess I didn't ask if we could choose a time since we didn't have much planned for the afternoon. She was just writing the names down in order in a notebook, so I'm not sure it would work to request later. If the time she gives you doesn't work, maybe one person of your party could go back an hour later or so and see what time they are at?

We were there the last weeks of September, but went to the barber shop on Oct 1st, which was the 45th Anniversary. The park was packed! They gave us a half an hour window and I guess I didn't ask if we could choose a time since we didn't have much planned for the afternoon. She was just writing the names down in order in a notebook, so I'm not sure it would work to request later. If the time she gives you doesn't work, maybe one person of your party could go back an hour later or so and see what time they are at?

Oh wow.
I just booked the 20th (our last MK day), but will try to do walk-up on the 13th (our 1st MK day).
I will call again in the next couple of days and several times before I leave and couple days before our MK day to see if I can get the 13th.
If not, me or my DH will go there to have our DD on the list when we head to Tomorrowland.

If it is not too much to ask, can you let me know what time you arrived at the shop and what time you were told to come back?

Thank you!

We arrived around 9:30am. Our return time was somewhere around 2:00. I will say that there was a HUGE line of people through the gift store and down main street to buy 45th Anniversary shirts, so that may have reduced some of the crowd as people were more focused on that!

If it is not too much to ask, can you let me know what time you arrived at the shop and what time you were told to come back?
Thank you!

We did our son's first haircut at Harmony as a walk in. Did it during the afternoon parade. Great thing was the older siblings got to watch Festival of Fantasy while we waited for about 30 minutes.

We arrived around 9:30am. Our return time was somewhere around 2:00. I will say that there was a HUGE line of people through the gift store and down main street to buy 45th Anniversary shirts, so that may have reduced some of the crowd as people were more focused on that!

Okay. We will try around 10 then. :)

We did our son's first haircut at Harmony as a walk in. Did it during the afternoon parade. Great thing was the older siblings got to watch Festival of Fantasy while we waited for about 30 minutes.

Did you have to go get your name on the list in the morning and come back?

We did my son's first hair cut there in September. Our appt was for 3:30 but got there at 3:00 and they took him right away. There was no one in there. Probably because the parade was going on.

We got our DD's first hair cut as walk-up.
Unfortunately, it was quite unpleasant experience.
They first told us to come back in 20 minutes, but we ended up waiting over 45 minutes. There were so many people waiting outside in the heat, not happy, complaining, etc. And what's worse is that I wasn't impressed by the hair stylist either.
It was definitely a unique experience, but I don't think I will do it again.

Regardless, thanks everyone for your comments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter