spiceycat

dvc-blt
here is my list of the hardest to get
BLT MK view
AKL conceirge
BWV standard
BLT standard
BCV

I would swap 1 and 2. If you own at BLT and book right at 11 months I bet you can often get MK view. The AKL concerige is SO LIMITED that even at 11 months it's really a roll of the dice!

I would swap 1 and 2. If you own at BLT and book right at 11 months I bet you can often get MK view. The AKL concerige is SO LIMITED that even at 11 months it's really a roll of the dice!

I agree with this. Also, where would Boardwalk View fit into your list? Would it come before BCV?

I know this will change, but I got a 1 br Standard BLT on 2/23 (not the busy calling day) for 9/20. Didn't even ask about MK view, but CM told me LV was also available.

Hard to rank any of the BLT categories at this point. The only info we have to go on is limited feedback from people who booked over the last 2 weeks when only a fraction of the units are declared. In the long run, will people show a preference for paying extra for the MK view or want to economize with the Standard View? :confused3

I would say the OKW Grand Villas are worth ranking, too.

Hard to rank any of the BLT categories at this point. The only info we have to go on is limited feedback from people who booked over the last 2 weeks when only a fraction of the units are declared. In the long run, will people show a preference for paying extra for the MK view or want to economize with the Standard View? :confused3

I would say the OKW Grand Villas are worth ranking, too.

Its also one of those things that may change over time - BLT in general. New resorts have a period where a lot of non-owners want to give them a try - and the owners themselves haven't gotten bored of it. As a resort ages, people get more opportunities to stay there, and the owners themselves want to try something else.

AKL concerige is such a small number of rooms that I think it will always be challenging.

In addition to room size (OKW Grand Villas are hard, BWV GVs aren't a lot easier, and I suspect THVs will be hard too), there is a forth dimension in time of year. VWL - small resort, but only moderately hard for most of the year. Nigh impossible for about two months unless you own there.

BLT MK view
AKL conceirge
BWV standard
BLT standard
BCV

I guess it must come down to what time of the year, because I've never had trouble booking BWV (P or S) nor BCV or AKL at the 7 month mark. I don't do concierge but I read that it's hard to get.

I would tend to agree about BLT though I've never tried to book it. The points for BLT are too rich for my blood but I could see doing it at least once, MK view, just to experience it.

I would add OKW GV weekday to that list, although is may be easier now that DVC raised the points

bookwormde

I think AKV Value rooms should be on the list, there are fewer of them than BWV standard rooms.

BLT MK view
AKL conceirge
BWV standard
BLT standard
BCV
It depends on how much you want to break it down.
  • AKV Concierge
  • BWV GV
  • HH GV for summer
  • HH studio/1 BR for summer
  • BLT GV
  • AKV GV
  • BWV BW view
  • BCV 2 queens
  • BWV standard
  • BLT MK view
  • VB BC
My list assumes BLT is fully functional, not currently. And you could likely swap most of them around and be just as right (or wrong).

We are looking into DVC. We usually book most of our vacations about 6 months or so out. And, we generally travel during off/non-peak seasons. Is this typically a problem if we want a studio?

We are looking into DVC. We usually book most of our vacations about 6 months or so out. And, we generally travel during off/non-peak seasons. Is this typically a problem if we want a studio?

depends on what you mean by off peak seasons? Off peak cash bookings can be peak for DVC. If you are flexible you should be able to get something. But it may not be a studio.

toughest one for us (on a waiting list) is VB Beach Cottage for early June. It might still open but in quite a few years of DVCing this is the first waiting list we have ever been on.

Hmmmm I have always had a hard time geting BCV - we have yet to stay there and even been able to get BWV with 1 month notice for Food & wine :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter