Hard Rock Cafe ??? is it worth it?

langin

Mouseketeer
My DH wants to go, we thought we would go after our SeaWorld day so is it worth it because I hear it is expensive? I have 3 boys , ages 12 and twins that are 9 and they are all, including DH, very much into music and playing music (guitar, drums). What would be the best times, the least crowded?

imo - yes but then i'm a hard rock cafe pin collector so possibly slight biased. my only objection with hard rock is unfortunately it is in the universal city walk so you have to park at universal - and pay just to walk in for a meal. it is ideal if you are going to either of the universal parks as you are there anyway. as to time - avoid meal times ie lunch or tea go out with these times. It is still busy but imo worth the wait.

some companies - ie virgin offer a meal at hard rock which allows you to skip the que if there is one.

the music and memorabillia is excellent and there is tv screens to keep smaller eyes occupied.

we went with our two - aged 3 and 4 and they loved it. but then they have eaten at our local hard rock frequently.

as to price - check out hardrock.com and there should be sample menus with prices, or there certainly was.

We've been to Hard Rocks all over the place, and usually really like them. The one in Orlando is great. If you have AAA, remember to pull your card out there for a discount (on food and in the store). It's either 10 or 15%...I can't remember which.

I *think* parking at Universal is free after 6pm, but I may have dreamt that. If that's the case, then I think your family would have a great time there.

Food is always expensive at theme parks and tourist traps, so I've given up on that ;)

langin said:
My DH wants to go, we thought we would go after our SeaWorld day so is it worth it because I hear it is expensive? I have 3 boys , ages 12 and twins that are 9 and they are all, including DH, very much into music and playing music (guitar, drums). What would be the best times, the least crowded?

We ate at the HRC in March 05. It has great atmo (loud, fun, but not crazy), is an amazing place to just walk around and look at everything, and -- surprisingly, to us -- great service.

The food is absolutely mediocre and forgettable, akin to a TGI Fridays, but more expensive.

So you have to decide if it's worth it for the experience.

We ate at the HRC in April 05. We try to get to the local Hard Rock in each city we visit, so Orlando was a must for us. As far as Hard Rock's go we quite enjoyed this one - it was big and you didn't feel like you were on top of each other. If your looking for a cheaper visit, you could always just go for a milkshake at the bar - I'm not sure if your little ones will be able to sit at the bar but I'm sure they would be - the shakes are brilliant!

We really enjoyed HRC. It was a lot of fun. We were happy with our food, and the service was great. The one in Orlando was awesome. Granted, I've only been to one other HRC, but the one in Orlando was about 10 times the size of it (no exaggeration) and more fun. It sounds to me like it would be worth it for your family. And the food at HRC is comparable in price to most restaurants in the Orlando area (other than the fast food places). And if you're a AAA member definitely show that card. We got a good discount because of it (same with at most of the stores in City Walk if you go into those

tweetylori said:
We've been to Hard Rocks all over the place, and usually really like them. The one in Orlando is great. If you have AAA, remember to pull your card out there for a discount (on food and in the store). It's either 10 or 15%...I can't remember which.

Also get an Orlando Magic Card I think they give you a 5.00 discount. Depending on the bill it might be more of a discount to take the 5.00 if you spend under 50. The AAA is only 10% if I am not mistaken. WE take both and then use the one that gives the best value.

Forgot to add you MUST get the HR sundae with brownie. It is served in a huge goblet. My son goes there strictly for the sundae. He feels the food is just an unecessary requirement put forth by his parents.

I love the hard rock. I've gone to everyone that I can. I think the food is much better than fridays. They have changed up their menu a bit recently. The name is escaping me, but there is a very tasty salad with chicken in it. They have a kids menu that I think goes up to age 12.

I'm sure we're in the minority but, we think the HRC's are way over rated. We've eaten in several HRC's, both in and out of the USA, hoping that perhaps we'd find one that was at least adequate. No such luck, their wonderfuly themed restaurants are saddled with horrid food (tastewise & pricing). Unfortunately, The Kitchen, @ the HRH, is even worse.

I think the dining selections @ Citiwalk are mediocre at best. I assume since they have a somewhat captive audience, they can get away with it. Margarittaville was a pleasant surprise, better than most, or else that huge Margaritta influenced my opinion. :goodvibes

It's a puzzle as to why the dining options in the Universal parks (i.e. Mythos & even the Enchanted Oak Tavern) are so much better.

we had free parking, when we went at night i think we went around 6 :30 for dinner

Everyone has their own opinion with regards hrc which is right - afterall if we were all the same then life would be pretty dull and boring. imo hrc orlando was good, great environment, the kids were made to feel welcome and enjoyed their meals and the music and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The hrh is not part of the hrc chain so the meals are slightly different so may not be to the same quality and because its part of the hrh they are probably more expensive.

The answers to your questions though are probably yes, you should go and sample the hrc but trying to judge how crowded it will be would depend on the time you are planning on arriving, the day and the weather conditions outside. It was raining on the first day we went and it was quite crowded because of that.

You wont know until you try it. So yes go on give it a go. and let us know what you had - recommendations the tupelo chicken, and their milkshakes!! oh and also the hurricane cocktail.

We have rated cheeseburgers at all Universal restaurants on a 10 point must system and HRC is the best but only beat Margaritaville's "Cheeseburger in Paradise" by 1 point. Recent reports say HRC service is getting real bad/slow. Its pricey too, our last visit was my son and I for burgers and with the tip was $30. To beat the service concern the best time to go is 11am when they open (its still slow). It is a great time to wander around the restaurant (they encourage it) both upstairs and down.

Go for it! We love Hard Rock's. Remember the AAA discount it really is worth it. Just an FYI I had the Best Burger I have ever had at the the Orlando Hard Rock. Get the signiture one with the Guiness baked bun. I'm a meat lover and I was savoring this burger like it was a nice cut of prime rib. London Hard Rock is a great stop when you are tired of British and European food. Have fun.

we really enjoyed the Hard Rock at Universal. If you also have a season pass from Universal ( I saw you were coming from seaworld so I didn't know if you had a season pass) you can get a discount too. Pricewise, its about the same as any theme resturant you go to. Our wait staff was great and spent time chatting with our kids and gave us directions for different places that we didn't know about!!

while we were there, our server told us that the hard rock in unversial is the biggest ever! We went to the hard rock vault that they advertise somewhere else, but it was shut down!

the hard rock here in atlanta, is so small compared to the one there

We went last month. MY son thought the place was great. He loves Green day and the new music. We sat upstairs by the Dead section and he was not to thrilled, Though I was :cool1:
The food was about the same as most chain restaurants. We ate late at the end of the day and say right down. If you go check out the ceiling with the Dead Icons of Rock. Its like the Sistine Chapel for Overdosed Rock Stars :rotfl2:

Couple money saving tips:

(1) Parking at Citiwalk is free after 6 p.m.

(2) The Lake Bunea Vista Outlets (on 535) have a Hard Rock outlet. Prices are drastically lower than at the restaurant (for example, a hat for $5). Keep in mind, little if any of the stuff says "Orlando" (though I think I saw about a dozen other cities), but a lot of it is "generic" Hard Rock Cafe. Save a little to make up for that $10 cheeseburger (for the record, I think the food there is fairly good though obviously overpriced, not as good as Buffet's, tho).

spotowner said:
We went last month. MY son thought the place was great. He loves Green day and the new music. We sat upstairs by the Dead section and he was not to thrilled, Though I was :cool1:
The food was about the same as most chain restaurants. We ate late at the end of the day and say right down. If you go check out the ceiling with the Dead Icons of Rock. Its like the Sistine Chapel for Overdosed Rock Stars :rotfl2:

"The Sistine Chapel for Overdosed Rock Stars"?!?! LOL! I had to post that Jerry Lee Lewis is in one of the 3 stained glass windows and he is not dead yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter