Hard Rock Cafe in Nassau--who's been?

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I got the address and the directions from port for the Hard Rock Cafe in Nassau and I was wondering if anyone has been there. If so, can you walk or do you have to take a taxi? I've been asked by a friend to buy a t-shirt from there, and on the website it looks like it will be fun to visit.

mickeymom629
Just thought I would say "Hi and I say I cannot wait until our cruise which is 3 weeks from today" and bump this up due to we may want to go over there ourselves.

Its a quick 5 or 10 minute walk at the most from the ship. Down the main drag on a side street, you can't miss it. Right now I think they just have the merchandise shop open. Have fun!

Unless things have changed and they've built a New Rock...
when we were there 3 yrs. ago, it was a little hole in the wall
on a street corner where you can buy shirts, hats, etc.

I think the new merchandise shop opened a year or so ago, maybe 18 months. I think they are planning a restaurant, but I don't think its opened yet.

Wow! I'm so glad we can walk there. We only want to go to the shop anyway (since our food is already paid for;) ) And, Minybear, maybe we could walk together. I'm thinking before lunch as I saw a good suggestion about grabbing a drink and sitting on an upper deck just to look at Atlantis later in the p.m. :cool: . I forget if you are doing excursions that day.

Anyway, thanks for all the responses. I went on Hard Rock Cafe.com and you can see some pictures of there locations around the world. I may have to start a collection of something myself since they are everywhere. The website has addresses, phone #'s and hours of operations for the mechandise and restaurants.

Any other thoughts, I'd love to hear.

mickeymom629

That would be great except we have an excursion planned (I think) at 11am to Atlantis. Now if we can do this early in the morning (if they are open at that time) that would be great. I want us to pick up a hat for one of my husband's coworkers who collects hats from the Hard Rock Cafe.

Does anyone know what time the Hard Rock Cafe opens?

Hi
I am also on the 1/26 Wonder Cruise along with a friend, her daughter and son in law and their 2 and 4 year old sons. Is anyone planning a dis meet?

Disney753

A Dis meet sounds ok with me. I know I am looking forward to meeting my good friends Mickeymom629 and Scratch42 on our cruise. I would love to meet another Cindy on our cruise. Count me in.

The HRC in Nassau is only a merchandise shop--not sure what the hold up is for actually getting the cafe open. We were there May of 2001 and they said it should be open by that fall--go figure! :rolleyes:

Be aware that the merchandise there is "cheap" compared to the other cafes--and I don't mean inexpensive. The t-shirts are very thin and don't wear as well as the Heavy Tees that the other cafe's offer. They do have some nice lapel pins though.

The Merchandise shop is near the port, about a block away. When you walk off the ship you will go left then right. Take your first right by the pier and the merchants all lined up, and walk up one or two streets on your left. The HRC is on your left.

Sue Ellen

http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes/Cafes.aspx?lc=NASS

Let's definitely meet. I want to be at the port early (we will be staying at the Radisson) and meeting at the port seems like a good way to pass time and get to know each other so we can say "hi" when we pass on the cruise.

Just gotta say that I'm getting a little concerned (off the point of this thread) that we have had so much snow this year and we just found out that school is cancelled for snow tomorrow. My oldest has final exams the week before we leave and if they are cancelled, they will be made up during our trip (which he CANNOT miss). Believe me, the rest of us are going and we will make arrangements for him, but NONE of us will be happy with that! Yikes! (But at least our drought worries are over :rolleyes: )

Anyway, as we get closer to the cruise, let's plan a mini meet; there doesn't seem to be too many of us. Hopefully there aren't too many who know all these good secrets of these boards. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts