Happy New Year 2011! Emily's MAW/GKTW Trip - The Final Gives!

Oh. My. GOLLY!!!!!!!!!​

We have been blessed with being chosen as a family for
the BIG GIVE!!!!!!​

I can not even explain how touched we are that there are so many giving, caring people on this board (in this world!) that would be so generous to share their creative gifts for us!

We received our first gift today, true Pixie dust!

Ok, I do have to explain that I opened the envelope when the mail came because well it looked like a credit card offer or something similar and even though I knew we had been chosen for the give, I didn't expect anything so soon! But, I put it away, back in the envelope, and even waited for drew and Dh to get home before I gave it to the kids and explained to them what the give is all about.

I let Drew open this one since he would understand what it was!

"Hmmm, what is in here?"
IMG_0208.jpg

This was his face when he realized how generous the gift card was!
IMG_0210.jpg

Emily holding the Tinkerbell giftcard! She did try to eat it several times, she likes to bite everything! ;)
IMG_0211.jpg

The whole crew says "Thank you!!!" to The Laxtons

IMG_0212.jpg

:lovestruc:):yay::santa::cool2:

So glad you got it - we hope you guys have a wonderful time!

Liz

Congrats on the Big Give! The kids look so excited and I love the one of all of them together. Can't wait to follow along and see them tearing into their boxes. This is awesome!

Love the faces. You can just see the excitement!! AWESOME!! :wizard:

Read through, and plan to follow your guys!!

Awww - you guys are so CUTE!!! What a nice way to start off your Big Give!!!:wizard:

Do you do your chairs through CHOPS seating clinic? I work in the seating clinic at duPont!! I wonder what chair your PT is thinking next????:wizard:

We got the KidKart through the CHOP seating clinic. But it was her PT at school who mentioned a new chair. If we can't do it through school, then we'll go back to the seating clinic at CHOP.

Congratulations on being selected!!!!

The kids look very happy with their first gift! :cool1:

I cannot wait to see what these ladies (and guys) have in store for you!!!! ;)

They were VERY happy! Carter cried though because he thought we were going to Disneyworld immediately! :( Poor guy, but it'll be here before we know it!
I can't wait to see either!

That picture is TOOOOOO cute! You can even see the Thank You! :)

Awesome!!!

:thumbsup2

So glad you got it - we hope you guys have a wonderful time!

Liz

Liz, thank you so so much! Your gift was extremely generous and we so appreciate it! I will definitely post what the kids pick out after the trip!!

Carter has an egg allergy (hives and facial swelling) and a severe peanut allergy and requires an epipen. I emailed Special Diets since we have an ADR at Akershus for a late breakfast. In the email they sent back there was a list of all of the allergy aware foods they provide and where to get them so that was helpful and I've read about Divvies on other TRs.

Just wondering if anyone has any other good tips for us on best places or foods to eat with an egg and nut allergy.

Also, I asked my MAW coordinator if she could find out about the food at GKTW and she called them and got back to me with, "Well, the lady I talked to said they have plenty of options." Which is a little too vague for me to feel safe.

Can I call GKTW directly?

Any help is appreciated! :)

Ya for your first big give package! The kids look excited! <3

I think that almost every place should be able to easily accomodate his allergy. We did not have an food allergies when we went last time (we will now) but I remember reading that the chefs are very good about helping and making sure that there are no issues. Maybe someone who traveled with food allergies can chime in :)

Awesome about 40 days before you know it you will be less than a month!

Aw, how cute is Emily with her Tink gift card!!! :goodvibes

Congrats on your first Big Give gift.

And a BIG WOO-HOO for the 40 day countdown!!:cool1: :dancer:

Ya for your first big give package! The kids look excited! <3

I think that almost every place should be able to easily accomodate his allergy. We did not have an food allergies when we went last time (we will now) but I remember reading that the chefs are very good about helping and making sure that there are no issues. Maybe someone who traveled with food allergies can chime in :)

Awesome about 40 days before you know it you will be less than a month!

Mostly, we're planning to eat at GKTW so I think once we find a few things he can safely eat, we'll be all good. I know WDW should be pretty easy and accomodating. :wizard:

Aw, how cute is Emily with her Tink gift card!!! :goodvibes

Congrats on your first Big Give gift.

And a BIG WOO-HOO for the 40 day countdown!!:cool1: :dancer:

Stay tuned, Big Give #2 arrived today and you will NOT want to miss the pics I'll be posting very soon . . . .

:dance3:

First of all, I have to tell you all that I had to really dig deep to wait to open this package today. My mail usually comes around 10:30 in the morning and the kids aren't all home from school until 3:45! then DH had a meeting and wasn't going to be home until 5:30 - which is dinner time. We didn't get to open it until after 6 pm! Torture I tell you!!

But oh was it worth the wait!!!

The kids gathered around Emily after dinner to open the package

IMG_0024.jpg

Drew read the letter that Ellen included (it was so sweet of you to think that the boys would feel left out but they were ok with it!)
IMG_0025.jpg

This one is for Emily
IMG_0027.jpg

Here's one for Brenna, who do I see?
IMG_0028.jpg

wait

for

it

It's Belle!!!!!! :)
IMG_0033.jpg

Princess Brenna
IMG_0034.jpg

Miss Brenna could not have been happier, you could not wipe the smile off of her face! Then Daddy proceeded to dance her around the kitchen singing "tale as old as time . . ." :cloud9:

Then it was Emily's turn
IMG_0030.jpg

It's Cinderella!!!!!! Can you see how happy she is? Of course she can't really see the dress but I believe she was reacting to our squeals of delight and joining right in. :love:

and a coordinating bib!
IMG_0031.jpg

A full shot of the dress!
IMG_0036.jpg

Oh my, these dresses are unbelievable!! Ellen you are one SUPER talented lady! The fabric is gorgeous, the princess embroidery (I'm not sure that's what it's called - I can barely sew a button) is amazing, and the extra layers on the skirts, I'm in love! The fabrics are sparkly too - perfect for our breakfast with the princesses!!

THANK YOU ELLENBENNY!!!!!!! And yes I'm screaming at you! :worship:

First of all, I have to tell you all that I had to really dig deep to wait to open this package today. My mail usually comes around 10:30 in the morning and the kids aren't all home from school until 3:45! then DH had a meeting and wasn't going to be home until 5:30 - which is dinner time. We didn't get to open it until after 6 pm! Torture I tell you!!

IMG_0024.jpg

Drew read the letter that Ellen included (it was so sweet of you to think that the boys would feel left out but they were ok with it!)
IMG_0025.jpg

This one is for Emily
IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

wait

for

it

IMG_0033.jpg

Princess Brenna
IMG_0034.jpg

Miss Brenna could not have been happier, you could not wipe the smile off of her face! Then Daddy proceeded to dance her around the kitchen singing "tale as old time . . ." :cloud9:

Then it was Emily's turn
IMG_0030.jpg

It's Cinderella!!!!!! Can you see how happy she is? Of course she can't really see thse dress but I believe she was reacting to our squeals of delight and joining right in. :love:

and a coordinating bib!
IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Oh my, these dresses are unbelievable!! Ellen you are one SUPER talented lady! The fabric is gorgeous, the princess embroidery (i'm not sure that's what it's called - i can barely sew a button) is amazing, and the extra layers on the skirts, I'm in love! The fabrics are sparkly too - perfect for our breakfast with the princesses!!

Absolutely gorgeous!!! They look so happy! LOVE IT!:cheer2:

I am so impressed you could wait!

th_IMG_0034.jpg

Ok seriously you can just see the excitement in her face how cute is she!

th_IMG_0030.jpg

And that infectious smile again! I adore her smile! <3

OH MY!!!!! Those dresses are beautiful! princess: princess:

Ellen, you have done another amazing job!!!!!!!!! :worship::worship:

Brenna and Emily are going to be attracting so much attention! It looks like they loved the dresses! What great gifts!!! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh -the look on the girls faces is priceless!!!! Ellen you do such an AWESOME JOB!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Your girls are just so beautiful and the dresses are so amazing! The Big Give gives bring me to tears so often. So lovely and I can't wait to see the pictures in the parks!

Those dresses are so cute and Brenna looks so adorable in it. I love that your hubby was dancing and singing that song to her. :) They are going to look so beautiful for their pics with the princesses. Can't wait to see Emily in her dress. :)

th_IMG_0024.jpg

th_IMG_0025.jpg

This one is for Emily
th_IMG_0027.jpg

th_IMG_0028.jpg

wait

for

it

th_IMG_0033.jpg

Princess Brenna
IMG_0034.jpg

Miss Brenna could not have been happier, you could not wipe the smile off of her face! Then Daddy proceeded to dance her around the kitchen singing "tale as old as time . . ." :cloud9:

Then it was Emily's turn
IMG_0030.jpg

It's Cinderella!!!!!! Can you see how happy she is? Of course she can't really see the dress but I believe she was reacting to our squeals of delight and joining right in. :love:

and a coordinating bib!
th_IMG_0031.jpg

th_IMG_0036.jpg

Oh my, these dresses are unbelievable!! Ellen you are one SUPER talented lady! The fabric is gorgeous, the princess embroidery (I'm not sure that's what it's called - I can barely sew a button) is amazing, and the extra layers on the skirts, I'm in love! The fabrics are sparkly too - perfect for our breakfast with the princesses!!

Yay! I am so happy that the package got there! The girls look so happy! Emily's smile is beautful,and that picture of Brenna in her dress just melts my heart. You are very welcome, I just love seeing the smiles light up their faces!

Also meant to add that it was very appropriate that Brenna was wearing a princess tiara to open the package!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter