• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Happy in Hawaii –- Aulani & Oahu with a Toddler ~ Updated 7/20: Final Update and link to new TR!

Poor Izzy not being able to dance with Minnie. :( The show looked fun, otherwise.

Can't wait to hear if you make it to the Dole Plantation- I actually had my very first Dole Whip from there!

That does look like a fun show! And poor Izzy - she just wanted to dance with Minnie on stage! Is that too much to ask?

And that's great that you got the autograph book back with Chip and Dale's signature. It seemed like Izzy enjoyed it!

Aw, that story about Izzy trying to get onstage with Minnie is so cute, but sad.

The show looks great. It's funny, I have an Aulani spreadsheet with notes I've taken for a couple years, and one thing it says is "Starlit Hui - must-do", but I had no idea what it was. Now, I know!

Great photo despite Izzy looking elsewhere!
Thanks, we have a ton of "Izzy looking elsewhere" pictures. :rotfl:

I kind of miss the pouch days! And every once in a while when it's hard to put him to sleep, his paci days. Not going to lie, those pacis made everything so much easier.
Izzy was so in love with her pacis, but it seems so funny to see pictures of her using them now. Funny how she just decided she was done and she was. Same with pouches. But I miss knowing that she was getting her veggies with those.

So was the show very crowded that's why you were that far back? Also, is this show only for Aulani guests or can guests of other hotels come over and watch?
It was crowded and I don't think we got there terribly far in advance. It is just Aulani guests - they check for room keys or pool wristbands when letting people in.

:faint: Oh my gosh! I'm sure you were mortified! But i'm sure the CM's have seen this more than once. Kids (Well at least most kids!) get super excited when they see characters and try to rush at them.
I would have to think they've seen it before, but yeah - quite mortified. :blush:

:lmao:It wouldn't be a true trip without some issues right?!
Yes, indeed! ::yes:: (and you would know, with all the issues so far in your TR!)

Oh that show looks like so much fun, it also looks packed! How often do they do the shows at Aulani? What fun to include the characters in it though. Poor Izzy wanting to do a dance party! They could have totally brought the characters down to dance with the kids like they do at dance parties at the MK? Maybe not if it was so packed though.
I think the shows are 2-3 times per week. I want to say Monday, Thursday, and sometimes an extra day? And, of course, those are the days that Dug was at his retreat. (But we got there together on our return trip. :thumbsup2) I was surprised they didn't bring the characters down off the stage. :confused3

Looking forward to hearing about the next day!
First update coming up!

Thanks for the reply about the Swimways Mickey and Minnie. Great shots of the characters coming in for the Starlit Hui, feels very Disney!
Happy to help. It was a lot of fun to see them come running in!

Cute picture! Reminds of of the Hula dancers from Lilo and Stitch!
Well, makes sense - it is Disney. :goodvibes

How great! Sounds/looks like such a fun show!
It is - just a perfect length for the kids too. Like a little sample luau.

ALso sounds like fun, sorry Izzy got so upset, but overall sounded like such a great night!
It was (mostly) a lot of fun!

Poor Izzy not being able to dance with Minnie. :( The show looked fun, otherwise.
It was fun otherwise, but left on kind-of a sour note. Who would've expected that? :confused3

Can't wait to hear if you make it to the Dole Plantation- I actually had my very first Dole Whip from there!
Well, you'll be on the edge of your seat...

Hope you're having a great time in WDW! :goodvibes

That does look like a fun show! And poor Izzy - she just wanted to dance with Minnie on stage! Is that too much to ask?
Not too much at all. ::MinnieMo But, apparently the CMs thought so. :sad1:

And that's great that you got the autograph book back with Chip and Dale's signature. It seemed like Izzy enjoyed it!
It was very cool they did that for us. Only time I've done an autograph book, so I was glad they made it complete.

Aw, that story about Izzy trying to get onstage with Minnie is so cute, but sad.
Cute, but sad describes it well! Joy to heartbreak in seconds - the magic of being 2!

The show looks great. It's funny, I have an Aulani spreadsheet with notes I've taken for a couple years, and one thing it says is "Starlit Hui - must-do", but I had no idea what it was. Now, I know!
Haha, yes, good to know. Basically a mini-luau (show only, no food) and Disney characters show up at the end. Worth attending. And free, can't beat that!

Disney Junior Aloha

Dug was up very early this morning to catch his flight back to Hawaii, connecting through San Francisco. His flight out of Palm Springs was apparently a pretty small plane:

I woke up this morning because of a text coming in at 6:38am. It was Dug (2 hours later his time). He was in San Francisco. And very, VERY frustrated. :headache: His flight from Palm Springs left about 30 minutes late (despite being the first flight of the day). Obviously, he also arrived in San Francisco behind schedule. His connecting flight was also booked through United, but it was on Hawaiian Airlines. That apparently forced him to change terminals and go through security again, burning more precious time he needed to catch his connection. He moved along as fast as he could manage (bad back), but it wasn’t quite fast enough. :sad2: He got to the gate just 1 minute after they closed the door. :faint: The gate agent said he was out of luck and they couldn’t do anything. He ended up going back to the counter for a United agent, as the flight was booked through them. They were not pleasant and he remembers this whole experience as being rather traumatic. Thankfully, he did end up getting a seat on another flight, but instead of arriving in Honolulu around noon, it would be around 3pm – really messing with our plans for the afternoon, not to mention potential for awful rush hour traffic leaving the city. Ugh. Not a great way to start the day, especially since our time together in Hawaii was already so limited. :sad1:

After that text conversation with Dug, I got up around 7am and got ready for the day while Izzy dozed in her crib. Once I was ready, I got Izzy up and dressed and prepared breakfast. She requested to watch Frozen on the iPad while eating:

I actually managed to eat 3 pieces of turkey bacon for breakfast, so my stomach was doing a bit better, finally. :thumbsup2

We headed out the door at 8:25am. This morning was the open house/toddler friendly event at Aunty’s Beach House. It was called Disney Junior Aloha and I’d heard there might be a character dance party involved. :hyper:

On the way there, Izzy spotted the Stitch statue and insisted on a picture:

She also wanted a picture with the fish mailbox outside of Aunty’s:

We headed right into the open house after that. Izzy got to play a shaker in the dance party (no characters):

I also got a video clip when they were playing the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse music:

(click to watch)

Then she had a good time playing with the giant Duplos:

We didn’t play with them, but they had tons of dress up clothes for the kids:

Some books:

There were some video game tables:

Between activities, I asked if there would be any characters appearing and they said there might be at the next dance party, but they never know until right beforehand. So, Izzy and I continued to play until the next dance party. Izzy decided to make a bus out of all the chairs in this room:

I guess I liked this light?

I think this was a craft room?

Soon, it was time for the second dance party and Stitch made his way in! :stitch2: And, of course, my phone/camera decided this was another crucial moment in which it should freeze up and cease to function. :headache: I eventually managed to get it working again, but only got one blurry picture of Stitch. But, thank goodness for Photopass, cause they got these:

Here’s my blurry photo, just because you can see Photopass at work back there:

So, as happy and wonderful as this looked, we had yet another incident. :scared: Izzy rushed Stitch when he first came in and got a hug, which was good. But, after that, he went up on stage and Izzy got retrained by CMs when she tried to follow. More crying. :sad: I have quite the little fangirl, I guess. :rotfl: However, I totally get her confusion – Stitch danced with her forever the previous day and now she couldn’t follow him everywhere? :confused3

She went back to her bus for a bit:

After calming down, Izzy decided to go back in and managed to get right in front of Stitch for the group picture:

After the dance party ended and Stitch left, we wandered around Aunty’s a bit more. One of the CMs told me about the magical fireplace:

I can’t remember exactly what it does now, but I think there are some magical effects every so often. I spotted some menehune:

Izzy found some more blocks to play with and had a great time building her “castle”:

And then I spotted some magic that moved from the fireplace to the ceiling pixiedust: :

I still don’t remember what exactly it was, but there you go. Oh, wait, I have a note on this! It says that I saw a Stitch special effect on the ceiling and the fireplace mantle got pixie dusted. But I apparently couldn't catch much with my camera. :laughing:

Meanwhile, Izzy was still plugging away (with only some minimal structural balance help from me):

She finally finished (used every block) and was so pleased with her creation:

We had fun knocking down her castle and putting it all away. We did a final lap around Aunty’s and found some magnets to play with:

After that, it was time to head back to the room for a quick bite and to prepare for today’s adventures.

Up next: Time to drive all the way around the island! :drive:

He got to the gate just 1 minute after they closed the door. :faint:

:headache: Oh that SUCKS! Even worse that they couldn't be nice about the situation to make it a little easier on him.

but instead of arriving in Honolulu around noon, it would be around 3pm – really messing with our plans for the afternoon, not to mention potential for awful rush hour traffic leaving the city. Ugh. Not a great way to start the day, especially since our time together in Hawaii was already so limited.

Yep, i'd definitely be PO'd at this point too. Hopefully you'll tell us that you were able to make some good times while he's there though!

I actually managed to eat 3 pieces of turkey bacon for breakfast, so my stomach was doing a bit better, finally.

Yay about time!

IMG_2149_zps1d9fe998.jpg

Wow I love those! Never seen them that big before.

There were some video game tables:

Geez, DS would be all over this. He's totally into video games right now, especially the old vintage looking graphics like on regular Nintendo.

Wow a great shot they got!

Izzy got retrained by CMs when she tried to follow. More crying. :sad: I have quite the little fangirl, I guess.

Totally a fangirl! :rotfl2:Poor Izzy.

Agh so cute!

Dug was up very early this morning to catch his flight back to Hawaii, connecting through San Francisco.

Yay! Time to re-join the fun!

He got to the gate just 1 minute after they closed the door. :faint: The gate agent said he was out of luck and they couldn’t do anything.

Oh man, that stinks. I'd be pretty frustrated too.

I guess I liked this light?

It's pineapple-y.

Oh, wait, I have a note on this! It says that I saw a Stitch special effect on the ceiling and the fireplace mantle got pixie dusted.

That sounds cool! I love the little touches like that.

Up next: Time to drive all the way around the island! :drive:

Hope the traffic cooperates!

They were not pleasant and he remembers this whole experience as being rather traumatic. Thankfully, he did end up getting a seat on another flight, but instead of arriving in Honolulu around noon, it would be around 3pm – really messing with our plans for the afternoon, not to mention potential for awful rush hour traffic leaving the city. Ugh. Not a great way to start the day, especially since our time together in Hawaii was already so limited. :sad1:
Ugh that's horrible about the flight. Sounds very stressful. At least Dug was able to get on the next flight..
After that text conversation with Dug, I got up around 7am and got ready for the day while Izzy dozed in her crib. Once I was ready, I got Izzy up and dressed and prepared breakfast. She requested to watch Frozen on the iPad while eating:
Does Izzy still love Frozen as much as she did back then? Or has the love died down a bit?!:rotfl:

Too cute. I love all the statues around the resort.
Between activities, I asked if there would be any characters appearing and they said there might be at the next dance party, but they never know until right beforehand. So, Izzy and I continued to play until the next dance party. Izzy decided to make a bus out of all the chairs in this room:
The area looks very cute. Lots of fun things to do for little kids.:thumbsup2

I love this picture!
Sounded like a fun afternoon!:goodvibes

Bummer about Dug missing his flight! Flying can be so frustrating sometimes. I hope the 3 hour delay didn't mess up your schedule too much.

The open house looks so fun! That picture of Izzy being sad in her "bus" is heartbreaking, though. Poor thing...

Wow, the kids club looks great!! So nice to know it's there for the 3+ crowd (and nice they had open houses like they do on the cruises for younger kids too) and so perfect to have stitch come for the dance party. That stinks about Dug's flight, looking forward to hearing about the rest of your day!

:headache: Oh that SUCKS! Even worse that they couldn't be nice about the situation to make it a little easier on him.
I know, he told me they were rather rude to him. :sad2:

Yep, i'd definitely be PO'd at this point too. Hopefully you'll tell us that you were able to make some good times while he's there though!
We still have plenty of good times coming. :thumbsup2

Yay about time!
Never get a stomach flu right before a trip! :crazy2:

Wow I love those! Never seen them that big before.
They were pretty cool. Izzy loves building big things, so right up her alley.

Geez, DS would be all over this. He's totally into video games right now, especially the old vintage looking graphics like on regular Nintendo.
I bet he'd love it. Izzy was too young to really care about them at the time. I'm not sure if she used them on the return visit - hard to know what she was up to then.

Wow a great shot they got!
I love that one!

Totally a fangirl! :rotfl2:Poor Izzy.
:rotfl:

Agh so cute!
It was nice to have so many other young kids at Aulani for Izzy to play with.

Yay! Time to re-join the fun!
Yes, though he did really enjoy his retreat as well.

Oh man, that stinks. I'd be pretty frustrated too.
It was really frustrating, given the situation and tight timeline we already had. :headache:

It's pineapple-y.
Sure is!

That sounds cool! I love the little touches like that.
Aulani did a nice job of incorporating magic touches throughout the resort, it seems.

Hope the traffic cooperates!
Eh, sometimes yes, sometimes no...:rolleyes1

Ugh that's horrible about the flight. Sounds very stressful. At least Dug was able to get on the next flight..
Thank goodness he got on another flight - it was a really awful experience for him and they basically told him they was lucky to even get on this flight.

Does Izzy still love Frozen as much as she did back then? Or has the love died down a bit?!:rotfl:
You know, she's off and on about it. She has watched it a couple times recently and still loves it when she does.

Too cute. I love all the statues around the resort.
She loved that Stitch statue.

The area looks very cute. Lots of fun things to do for little kids.:thumbsup2
It's a really nice place for the kids to play. Izzy really enjoyed it on our return trip, since she was old enough to be dropped off there.

I love this picture!
Sounded like a fun afternoon!:goodvibes
Thanks, it was.

Bummer about Dug missing his flight! Flying can be so frustrating sometimes. I hope the 3 hour delay didn't mess up your schedule too much.
Not the way we were hoping to start the day, for sure. It all works out decently, though. At least he got back.

The open house looks so fun! That picture of Izzy being sad in her "bus" is heartbreaking, though. Poor thing...
Haha, poor thing just wanted to be Stitch's shadow and those mean CMs stopped her. :sad:

Wow, the kids club looks great!! So nice to know it's there for the 3+ crowd (and nice they had open houses like they do on the cruises for younger kids too) and so perfect to have stitch come for the dance party.
I really liked Aunty's (and I liked it even more on the return trip, when she was old enough to go there on her own). Great to have as a free perk! :thumbsup2

That stinks about Dug's flight, looking forward to hearing about the rest of your day!
Yeah, such a bummer that things worked out so badly with his connection. But the rest of the day still holds lots of fun.

It sounds like Izzy had a great time and the open house! Lots of fun dancing and playing. And a pretty impressive castle!

Glad she got another visit with Stitch, even if it wasn't quite what she was hoping for! I think Ohana breakfast should be on your list for your next WDW trip!

Too bad about Dug's flight. So very frustrating!

Oh no! So sorry that DH missed the connecting flight. Total bummer, especially since you didn't have much time together. :(

The dance party looked like fun, and Aunty's looks like a fun place for the kiddos to hang out!

It sounds like Izzy had a great time and the open house! Lots of fun dancing and playing. And a pretty impressive castle!
Thanks, I was amazed that she built that thing (but she LOVES to build things). Open house was a lot of fun!

Glad she got another visit with Stitch, even if it wasn't quite what she was hoping for! I think Ohana breakfast should be on your list for your next WDW trip!
We did do Ohana breakfast once - I think on her first trip? But, yeah, we'll have to get back there sometime.

Too bad about Dug's flight. So very frustrating!
It really was! But it all worked out okay.

Oh no! So sorry that DH missed the connecting flight. Total bummer, especially since you didn't have much time together. :(
Exactly, we just wanted him back and then losing that afternoon really was a bummer.

The dance party looked like fun, and Aunty's looks like a fun place for the kiddos to hang out!
It really was! Aunty's is great.

The Circle Tour

After leaving Aunty’s, we headed back to the room for a bit. First, we munched on some leftover breakfast/snacks on the balcony:

Warning, this next picture may gross you out, but I have to post it because it cracks me up that I caught this. :lmao: Izzy apparently took a bite of melon and decided she didn’t like it :crazy2::

But, hey, to get that out of your head, at least the view was pretty:

My notes also tell me that Izzy reached for my chocolate snacks and knocked over my root beer, but luckily my laptop was out of its path and all was okay. :earseek: Whew.

While we were out on the balcony, we could see a train go by in the distance and we also saw planes fly over in pairs.

Back in the room, I finished getting ready for being out all day and Izzy watched some more Frozen on the iPad. During this time, the trash and towel DVC service also happened. Very quick and they left a nice pile of fresh towels.

Izzy decided today was a hat day and was very displeased that I did not want to wear mine right at that very second:

It was nearing 11am as we headed out of our room:

We were taking it much easier than planned this morning, as there was no big rush to get to the airport anymore. We made a stop into the store to get the morning’s Photopass shots from Aunty’s added to our card. After that, we were loaded up and on the road at about quarter after 11. First stop, Dole Plantation! :cool1:

Well, except remember that problem where being in the vicinity of the Dole Plantation throws Izzy into a deep slumber? :rolleyes1

Yep. Again! :sad2: And it was just right over there…I so wished they had a Dole Whip drive through:

I stood by the car trying to figure out what to do. I really didn’t want to wake a sleeping 2-year-old (she even slept through me opening and closing the trunk, so she was pretty knocked out). And I felt we could make it back the next day to ride the Pineapple Train and enjoy Dole Whips (with Dug!) Speaking of Dug, I checked his flight status and it was showing an arrival just after 3pm. It was currently about 10 before noon.

My other plan for the day was to cross the island and do the Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail hike. It was recommended to me as a good one for strollers, as it’s entirely paved and smooth. But also has great views. :thumbsup2 I was excited to do this (and hadn't yet had a good opportunity during the trip), but figured we now had an extra hour to kill by skipping Dole, so I could take the long/scenic route around the island via the North Shore. :rolleyes1 I had downloaded an app called Gypsy that is a narrative tour of Oahu, so I decided to try that out to guide me and teach me things. And it worked out great – my notes say that it was like having a much more personable combo of Siri and Cliff Claven in the car with me. :rotfl2:

One of the first notable places on the tour was the historic surfing town of Haleiwa. Cute little downtown near all the beaches and big waves:

I stopped into a recommended parking area and enjoyed the view:

I left the parking lot by taking a frontage road that accessed some beachfront homes, thinking that would be nice to drive by while getting back onto the highway. However, the plentiful and obnoxious speed bumps made it fairly unpleasant. I think I would be annoyed every time I had to leave my expensive beachfront home if I lived there. >:(

Izzy woke up when we got to Sunset Beach around 12:40pm. Not the longest nap ever, but not terrible:

She wanted out, so we walked up and down the sidewalk and enjoyed the views:

Trying to leave that parking area was one of the scariest experiences I’d had in a while. :scared: All of the parking is directly off the highway. I had to borrow an image from the internet to give you an idea of what I mean. In this, look to the right, where the black SUV is backing out from – that’s where you park:

The road was not congested like this, though, so traffic was moving along quickly because it is actually a highway. :car: That you have to back into. :eek: Across both lanes if you want to go the way we needed to. :scared1: Oh, and did I mention that you can’t see around the large vehicles on either side of you until you are actually backed partially into a lane of the highway? :faint: Some people had a passenger get out and check and/or stop traffic for them to back out. Yeah, that wouldn’t work with just me and a 2-year-old. :rotfl: So, it probably took me a good 15 minutes before I could back out because I didn’t want to just rely on prayer and good timing – so I waited for another car to back out enough to block traffic in the first lane, then backed out quick and checked the second lane – when it was clear, I gunned it and was finally out of there! :cool1: So, I definitely learned from that for our second trip and made sure to park where I’d be able to see and/or turn around to get out. ::yes::

At that point, I was starting to feel some time pressure to get to my hike, so I skipped all the Gypsy side trips and just stayed on the main road, listening to the narration and looking for a place to grab a quick lunch. I remember almost stopping at a McDonald’s, but just couldn’t bring myself to do it (I really don’t like McD’s, sorry :crazy2:). I soon realized that there were just not many options for a quick bite, but I did know of one place with good food on the way…Uncle Bobo’s BBQ. You may remember this from the beginning of the trip – really good food, but I didn’t get to eat much with my stomach illness. Since I was finally feeling better, why not give it another chance? ::yes:: Plus, I remembered they had hot dogs on the menu for Izzy. I must have arrived at an odd time, as there were no cars or customers there at the time – very different from our first visit. I ordered and Izzy started in on the pouch I gave her while we waited for our food:

Despite this being a yummy place, it isn’t the fastest. And that’s a good sign they are making everything fresh, of course. But I wasn’t feeling very patient, now realizing that I was really pushing it to get that hike in. Driving around an island takes a lot longer than I thought! It was already 1:37pm and time was ticking! :hourglass

After a bit, our food was ready:

I got a beef brisket sandwich and water:

Izzy had a hot dog and fries:

She approved:

We weren’t the only people there the whole time. This doggy stopped by:

Some regulars also came in to get some special ham/cheese/bacon bread roll thing. The lady insisted I try some, so I accepted a piece. It was VERY good. :thumbsup2 I’m not sure it was on the menu – it seemed like a specialty the locals knew about, though. The chef also told me about how he makes his own special bread and that Izzy’s hot dog bun was homemade (it was really good, I tried it!) So, it was nice to hang out at a local place and enjoy some very tasty food.

But then we had to hit the road again! :drive:

The Gypsy app took me past the Byodo-In Temple (wait for next trip if you want to see that) and the Pali Lookout (which we’d done already). I stopped somewhere to check the flight status and it was still on time, so I decided I wouldn’t have time to hike. :sad1: I was rather sad, as this was high on my list and there really wasn’t any time to make it up (until our return trip…). So, I decided to head to the airport.

Somewhere along the way, I must have spotted a “duck” vehicle and a complex street sign:

I find the Honolulu airport very difficult to navigate by car. I followed signs and mostly went the right way, but at one point, the way I thought I was supposed to go made a surprise turn into a parking garage. :scared: Oops. Obviously, I didn’t want to pay parking, but I was lucky that a bike security officer was there and kind enough to help me back out onto the airport road again (where was he earlier when I needed to back out?:rotfl:)

Soon enough, I found the bag claim door that Dug was most likely to exit from and pulled over to call Dug. Naturally, I couldn’t get a hold of him, but he finally called back and came out. We quickly said our hellos, then looked up directions and were off (can’t linger at airports, you know).

Up next: All the scenic views we could cram in before sundown. :cloud9:

Bummer that you missed the Dole plantation again! That app sounds like a really cool tour guide! Glad that Dug finally made it back to the island!

Bummer that you missed the Dole plantation again! That app sounds like a really cool tour guide! Glad that Dug finally made it back to the island!
I could not believe she fell asleep on the way to the Dole Plantation TWICE! :rotfl: The app was very cool - better than I expected. It helped me to navigate and taught me about the area, in a soothing laid-back Hawaiian way. :thumbsup2 I was glad Dug was coming back, but I knew that meant our lazy days at Aulani were over, as we'd have to kick our touring into high gear.

My notes also tell me that Izzy reached for my chocolate snacks and knocked over my root beer, but luckily my laptop was out of its path and all was okay. :earseek: Whew.
Oh gosh! That's always a scary thing. One time I spilled Iced Tea on the keyboard of my laptop, thankfully it wasn't much and it ended up being ok.
I stopped into a recommended parking area and enjoyed the view:

The water always looks so blue in Hawaii! Gorgeous shot.

Izzy has on the perfect dress to wear to a beach in Hawaii! Too cute!:goodvibes
Trying to leave that parking area was one of the scariest experiences I’d had in a while. :scared: All of the parking is directly off the highway. I had to borrow an image from the internet to give you an idea of what I mean. In this, look to the right, where the black SUV is backing out from – that’s where you park:

That would scare the life out of me. Good to hear that you got ot of there safe..
Soon enough, I found the bag claim door that Dug was most likely to exit from and pulled over to call Dug. Naturally, I couldn’t get a hold of him, but he finally called back and came out. We quickly said our hellos, then looked up directions and were off (can’t linger at airports, you know).
Glad everything went smoothly with the pickup! Looking forward to hearing how the Dole Plantation goes!!:goodvibes

Oh gosh! That's always a scary thing. One time I spilled Iced Tea on the keyboard of my laptop, thankfully it wasn't much and it ended up being ok.
Glad it did! Years ago, I was eating cereal near my laptop (on the same desk) and a small bit of milk splashed out and ran down the desk, hitting the side of the laptop. Everything seemed fine for about a year, then it just died - the reason I was given is that there was liquid on the motherboard and it fried it. :crazy2: So, yeah, I get nervous about liquids and laptops.

The water always looks so blue in Hawaii! Gorgeous shot.
It really is that gorgeous too! Love the water there!

Izzy has on the perfect dress to wear to a beach in Hawaii! Too cute!:goodvibes
Yes, Dug's mom picked out a couple outfits like that for her. They worked great (even still fit for the return trip, I think).

That would scare the life out of me. Good to hear that you got ot of there safe..
It scared the heck out of me too. Enough that I still clearly remember it all this time later, despite not remembering much about other parts of the trip.

Glad everything went smoothly with the pickup! Looking forward to hearing how the Dole Plantation goes!!:goodvibes
We'll get there eventually....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter