• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased my tickets for 10/29. I'm thrilled to have a Saturday night party this year! We have done Friday nights the past 2 years, but the traffic is brutal and DS(8) is already tired from a day at school. This year, he will be rested and ready to party 'til midnight!

Just bought my MHP ticket for 10/17!!!! 6th year in a row!!!! Something upsetting happened on the phone with the CM, though. I mentioned I had made my own costume and she said something about "bounding" (Disneybounding). She was sounding kind of wishy-washy about what the rules are and making it sound as if there was a different costume policy than the one that is posted right on the Disney website! Like she was suggesting I Disneybound rather than wear the garb I spent five weeks and over $150 sewing (and it's super-cute too...look for Steampunk Mary Poppins if you're there on 10/17!).

Now I've been to MHP for the last 5 years and wore a costume each time. Each year (including this one) I had checked the guidelines on the website beforehand, especially because every time except once I sewed my own costume and wanted to make sure I wouldn't be turned away at the gate. So this was alarming and annoying, especially after questioning her and determining that yes, the web info is correct. I don't know why they'd tell you something different from what the web says. If it's anything to do with wanting to do away with costumes, well - they're not gone yet and until then, giving a guest conflicting info is just irritating. I don't want to pack it in a suitcase and cart it all the way to Anaheim only to be turned away at the park gate.
To be honest I find it kind of annoying. It doesn't have to be this hard and I don't get why they have to change the rules this year. Obviously you can address people on a need be basis but being overly picky is just taking the fun out of it for everyone. I feel you on this and would of definitely been a bit annoyed.

I received my hard tickets in the mail today! Ordered online when it opened up for APs at midnight on 7/21!

Me too! I read the return address as Anaheim and did a little dance as I opened the envelope! Super cute envelope that holds your tickets inside! EEk can't wait!!

Just bought my MHP ticket for 10/17!!!! 6th year in a row!!!! Something upsetting happened on the phone with the CM, though. I mentioned I had made my own costume and she said something about "bounding" (Disneybounding). She was sounding kind of wishy-washy about what the rules are and making it sound as if there was a different costume policy than the one that is posted right on the Disney website! Like she was suggesting I Disneybound rather than wear the garb I spent five weeks and over $150 sewing (and it's super-cute too...look for Steampunk Mary Poppins if you're there on 10/17!).

Now I've been to MHP for the last 5 years and wore a costume each time. Each year (including this one) I had checked the guidelines on the website beforehand, especially because every time except once I sewed my own costume and wanted to make sure I wouldn't be turned away at the gate. So this was alarming and annoying, especially after questioning her and determining that yes, the web info is correct. I don't know why they'd tell you something different from what the web says. If it's anything to do with wanting to do away with costumes, well - they're not gone yet and until then, giving a guest conflicting info is just irritating. I don't want to pack it in a suitcase and cart it all the way to Anaheim only to be turned away at the park gate.

My guess is that the CM was trying to play it safe and didn't have any clearer info than we do. Disney is clearly working out the costume rules as they go along, since this is the first year the rules have been significantly different. I could see them altering the rules again if guest safety becomes a serious issue (e.g. if a major terrorist attack happens between now and Halloween Time). Hopefully not, but Disney has to put safety first. They don't want to turn anyone away from the gates if they don't have to, so it seems like they are really trying to encourage guests to downplay the elaborate costumes and keep things simple. That said, if your costume does meet all the stated guidelines and if those guidelines don't change by the time the parties start, then you should be fine. You might have to undergo some extra screening, but if you allow time for that, it won't be any big deal.

I read about a Poison Apple-Tini available at Carthay Lounge during Halloween. Anyone know if it lasts any longer? I'll be there the first week of Nov & have no idea how fast food items change out after Halloween.

Purchased for Halloween night ! So am I reading hhe guidelines correctly at .com ? Adults CAN wear costumes, right?

Yes but they changed the rules slightly. Go to Disney's sight and look them up. no long capes or masks for adults and absolutely nothing that looks like a weapon (minus light sabers).

Yes but they changed the rules slightly. Go to Disney's sight and look them up. no long capes or masks for adults and absolutely nothing that looks like a weapon (minus light sabers).

Yes I did read that. I think we are going to go as Jedis.

Well, I guess I have to wait two more days to purchase our party tickets. I had purchased gift cards and added them to my DVA. As a Visa cardholder, I was told I MUST pay with the Disney Visa to order the tickets early.

Well, I guess I have to wait two more days to purchase our party tickets. I had purchased gift cards and added them to my DVA. As a Visa cardholder, I was told I MUST pay with the Disney Visa to order the tickets early.

I would try calling again and getting another cast member. It is a little different b/c I used redemption points tied to my Disney Visa - but I used my redemption card and not the credit card itself. My cast member did have to put me on hold to double check.

For the 2 times I've purchased tix I did so through my AAA & Costco travel agents but I was on hold forever! Can I buy them online from the Disneyland website (clicked on purchase tickets, clicked on special events)? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter