HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every morning i race to my computer hoping Disney has posted October hours. One of these mornings its just going to be up and I'm going to fall out of my seat! lol
We booked and paid off our trip with Disneyland travel and I was wondering when we will get our tickets and stuff in the mail? Today we are 47 days out, hoping its soon!

One month!!!!! I am so excited and ready to start making some loose touring plans!! There are so many things I want to try to do!! Every trip I get to knock a few things off my bucket list and I'm sure ill be knocking a few more off this trip.

I saw they released a reusable Halloween bag recently, do you think I should get them for my kids for trick or treating? If so order online or wait till we are in the park?

One month!!!!! I am so excited and ready to start making some loose touring plans!! There are so many things I want to try to do!! Every trip I get to knock a few things off my bucket list and I'm sure ill be knocking a few more off this trip.

I saw they released a reusable Halloween bag recently, do you think I should get them for my kids for trick or treating? If so order online or wait till we are in the park?

You'll each be given a small (and I do mean small) trick or treat bag upon entering the party. It's maybe the size of a quart size Ziploc? We ended up buying reusable Halloween-themed bags at World of Disney and used those instead because if you do all the treat trails you will get a LOT of candy!

You could buy ahead of time for piece of mind but we didn't have any problem finding them on site. We were there the first week of October though so not sure how availability is later in the month.

Is there really no themed Halloween parade for the parties? I thought that was one of the highlight features of going to a Mickey party? What else is there just a firework show and headless horsemen galloping down the street for 5 minutes. Weird.

Is there really no themed Halloween parade for the parties? I thought that was one of the highlight features of going to a Mickey party? What else is there just a firework show and headless horsemen galloping down the street for 5 minutes. Weird.

I have the (new) Frightfully Fun Parade referenced in a couple of posts on page 1 of this thread, but have been waiting for Disney to officially announce it and give details.

There was a Cavalcade during the parties (not a full-blown parade), but my feeling is that they did not mention it in the Parks Blog yet because it is being revamped and renamed, and details are being worked out. Quite a while back there was a reference to a parade on an audition site (it is now gone), and it made me think that performers were being lined up for the Cavalcade. Since then, the Disneyland website referenced the Frightfully Fun Parade (which is a new name) as being connected to the "Halloween dinner" at Blue Bayou -- https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/

So, I think that the Headless Horseman will kick off some sort of procession -- whether it's a full-blown parade or a Cavalcade -- but the specifics are being ironed out. I think Disney wants to make a big announcement about it in a separate blog. I also think that the Blue Bayou dinner is being renamed and repackaged as well.

"The Headless Horseman has risen from the shadowy depths of Sleepy Hollow to herald the arrival of a procession of frightfully delightful fiends down Main Street, U.S.A." a quote from the link above. There is some kind of parade being led by the Headless Horseman. I am soooo looking forward to the official announcements!

You'll each be given a small (and I do mean small) trick or treat bag upon entering the party. It's maybe the size of a quart size Ziploc? We ended up buying reusable Halloween-themed bags at World of Disney and used those instead because if you do all the treat trails you will get a LOT of candy!

You could buy ahead of time for piece of mind but we didn't have any problem finding them on site. We were there the first week of October though so not sure how availability is later in the month.

Thank you! We are going to the second party so I assume there should still be plenty available!!

I should be able to attend the "Halloween dinner" at Blue Bayou this year. I hope they have one of those on one of the days I'm going to MHP. I have questions for those who went last year.
1. Do they cater to someone who is very picky eater like me?
I can't eat beef or chicken
2. Do they have early dinning like around 6pm?

Last edited:
"The Headless Horseman has risen from the shadowy depths of Sleepy Hollow to herald the arrival of a procession of frightfully delightful fiends down Main Street, U.S.A." a quote from the link above. There is some kind of parade being led by the Headless Horseman. I am soooo looking forward to the official announcements!

Sounds a lot like the Cavalcade, but with the Headless Horsemen leading. Hope it's more than that. I mean, if they're selling Blue Bayou dinners with parade seating, then hopefully that means there's more to it.

I think that the capital letters in Frightfully Fun Parade makes it a proper noun-the name of the parade which makes me feel pretty good about there being a proper parade. In lower case letters it would be a common noun which would make it vague wording with only vague possibilities of a real parade. If Frightfully Fun Parade isn't the name of the parade then I'm calling foul on their fast and loose play with grammar. :teacher:

I think that the capital letters in Frightfully Fun Parade makes it a proper noun-the name of the parade which makes me feel pretty good about there being a proper parade. In lower case letters it would be a common noun which would make it vague wording with only vague possibilities of a real parade. If Frightfully Fun Parade isn't the name of the parade then I'm calling foul on their fast and loose play with grammar. :teacher:

I read it the same way.

According to the website the night of our party there are two rides of the headless horseman on the night of our party so does this mean there will be two parades or cavalcades? If so does it work the same at the other parades? Up Main Street heading towards Town Square for the first and the second heading the opposite way? If so would the second one be less crowded??

According to the website the night of our party there are two rides of the headless horseman on the night of our party so does this mean there will be two parades or cavalcades? If so does it work the same at the other parades? Up Main Street heading towards Town Square for the first and the second heading the opposite way? If so would the second one be less crowded??

If it does mean 2 parades I would say there are no guarantees on crowds since there is no past experience of full propper parades at MHP and certainly no experience with such a parade being the only chance to see a night parade at all at disneyland.

If it does mean 2 parades I would say there are no guarantees on crowds since there is no past experience of full propper parades at MHP and certainly no experience with such a parade being the only chance to see a night parade at all at disneyland.

I'm thinking people with littles might be more likely to go to the first one.....

I was at PtN on Saturday, and one of the cast members raved to me about the new Halloween parade, said "you must come for the Halloween party, there's a new Halloween parade, not like the old cavalcade and it's great". She specifically said this was a full parade. Now take that for what it's worth, but she was really excited about it. She was one of the people that sweeps the road before the parade starts.

Just ordered my 10/5 MHP Tix - CM confirmed the two sell outs so far and mentioned that on the dates closest to Halloween the numbers are dwindling...

So exited we've done MNSSHP twice and MVMCP once, this will be a first DLR trip can't wait to check out MHP and the unique offerings it has... Enjoying the talk about the new parade, so many say MNSSHP parade is so much better though that I planned to just ride during the parade, now we may have to check it out!

I just want to mention again, in case there is lingering doubt... there will be some sort of parade or new version of the Cavalcade. All signs are pointing to it. I don't think there is any question about it. It may still be a mini-parade deal, but revamped (more likely), or it may be a full-fledged extravaganza (less likely). But there will be something. While I hesitated to add the Frightfully Fun Parade to my posts on page 1 because it hadn't been officially announced in the traditional sense, I know that there will be something.

The first clue was the wording on the audition site a few months ago, which indicated that performers were needed for a parade of some sort during Mickey's Halloween Party (Viva Navidad was also mentioned in the same listing, so that event is likely going to be revised and enhanced a bit too, for the holiday season). If there were no Cavalcade or parade coming up, there wouldn't have been a listing on the audition site.

The audition site is how I found that Olaf's Snow Fest was returning for the holiday season last year (the lute players were a dead giveaway), as well as how I knew that A Christmas Fantasy Parade was returning last year (even though there had been some doubt because of Paint the Night). The audition site was also where the first signs of Paint the Night preparation appeared, as the performers were being lined up.

The next clue about a Halloween parade or cavalcade was in the Disneyland press release that came out in July -- "The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow rides his ghostly black steed and carries his flickering jack-o-lantern through the heart of Disneyland, heralding the arrival of Mickey’s Halloween Party character cavalcade, presented on the 17 nights of this special party." Now, granted, the wording there makes it seem like it's just the regular ol' Cavalcade, but at least it would be something.

The next clue was the reference to the Frightfully Fun Parade on the Disneyland website, in conjunction with the "Halloween Dinner" at Blue Bayou this year. I think it's a catchy new name for a re-imagined Cavalcade. In other words, I don't think we are getting a full WDW/Boo to You-scale extravaganza, but we are probably getting a better version of what was the Cavalcade. ...Something more like a parade, but maybe missing a few bells and whistles here and there.

And now, of course, other clues and bits of evidence are popping up to support a parade or Cavalcade, cast members are mentioning it, etc.

In any event, I don't think the Headless Horseman is just going to be galloping back and forth without purpose. His appearance will lead to something! I think that the Parks Blog could probably stand to release this Cavalcade/parade info to us a tad sooner -- I don't know why there has to be a delay -- but maybe they are holding off on mentioning the Frightfully Fun Parade until they do the blog about the Blue Bayou Halloween Dinner, as the Parade will be a selling point of the dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter