HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the weather up here is Northern California certainly feels like fall or winter! It is supposed to be cloudy and 60's all week! I'm like Olaf and I love the summer and the heat. So let's not skip over that. I hate seeing trick or treat candy in Costco in the middle of summer! But I am looking forward to seeing fall at DLR this year. Trying to pick a good time to come. Maybe the last weekend in September?

You do realize that most people around the U.S. would banish you from this continent for using the word "winter" in the same paragraph with the words "cloudy and 60s all week"? :lmao: To me, it barely even feels like what fall should feel like -- but it's closer to that than to winter. Then again, hot weather makes me physically ill, literally, so anything that is not considered hot is a relief to me.

I guess the last weekend in September is as good a time as any. MHP should have begun by then, if not earlier. I think that once the Diamond Celebration has begun and has been going strong for a while, we will get a better sense of what the crowds are like, if they are substantially larger than usual over a prolonged period of time, etc. That kind of info may give us a better idea of what to expect for Halloween Time and the Holidays.

Also, once the 60th events have been going on for a while, we may begin to start hearing more rumors or "leaks" about what is coming up for the rest of the year. Everything has pretty much been quiet on the Halloween and Holiday front this year in terms of new rumors or legitimate info, and the leaks seem to have dried up. I tend to think that's because everyone at DLR has been caught up in preparing for the start of the Diamond Celebration, so anything else has taken a back seat.

Is anyone else going nuts with all the Disneyland commercials on tv right now? I don't want to wish summer away... But I am really glad we have a trip booked. Both dd and I are more than excited! I can handle not knowing park hours or entertainment options... I am just chomping at the bit to hear when/if the Halloween parties will be!

Is anyone else going nuts with all the Disneyland commercials on tv right now? I don't want to wish summer away... But I am really glad we have a trip booked. Both dd and I are more than excited! I can handle not knowing park hours or entertainment options... I am just chomping at the bit to hear when/if the Halloween parties will be!

I haven't seen as many commercials as I would expect to at this time. I don't have the right channels on at the right times, I guess. But tomorrow the first Live with Kelly & Michael show from Disneyland airs (although it will be pre-taped), and I will be watching that!

You're not wishing anything away. You're just looking forward to your trip, which is understandable! :) :woohoo: You couldn't wish anything away even if you wanted to. Summer (and any other season, for that matter) will happen when and how it happens, and nothing we look forward to is going to stop it, nor will any early signs of Pumpkin Pandemonium on the shelves. Personally, I don't like summer because I get sick in the heat. So, clearly it's not something I look forward to and I would like it to hurry and be done with. But it's going to start and end when it's going to start and end, no matter what I like or dislike, so I just look ahead to the fun that is on the other side of summer -- Halloween Time and the Holidays! We all need something to look forward to in life -- it doesn't mean you aren't enjoying whatever else life has to offer in the meantime, but you're just anticipating something fun happening in the future.

:dancer:

You do realize that most people around the U.S. would banish you from this continent for using the word "winter" in the same paragraph with the words "cloudy and 60s all week"? :lmao:

So, then I probably shouldn't mention that 40 to 50 degrees is my extreme winter? :duck:

Fortunately, I don't have to wait until fall to go. We will be going on July 18th for week, which should be its own kind of nuts. :tongue: I am expecting fall to be a barren waste land by comparison. I hope...

I haven't seen as many commercials as I would expect to at this time. I don't have the right channels on at the right times, I guess. But tomorrow the first Live with Kelly & Michael show from Disneyland airs (although it will be pre-taped), and I will be watching that!

Not sure how you are missing the commercials... They are all for the diamond anniversary of course, but between the radio and TV they are relentless! And I watch them every time lol... Fast forwarding thru everything else... Yeah, that is how stupid excited we are to go in October!

We are thinking about going Oct 21-25. What are the chances there will be a MHP on the 21st? Provided they are the same-ish as last year.

I just wanted to point out something interesting that I noticed.

In the fine print on the Diamond Days Sweepstakes page (which begins today -- both the daily prize giveaways and the weekly prize giveaways), it says, "Sweepstakes starts 5:00 AM PT on 5/22/15 and ends 6:59 AM PT on 9/11/15." I noticed it when I entered the weekly contest earlier this morning. Did anyone else catch it too?

Originally, when the Parks Blog announced this Sweepstakes, there was no end date. In fact, it was implied that it would last for the duration of the Diamond Celebration/festivities, and it is assumed that the Diamond Celebration events will be running all year long.

However, now we know that there is an actual end date and time for this contest/giveaway. I am guessing that Disney wants to wrap it up just before Halloween Time begins, and they switch into Halloween Time mode.

I don't think that this Sweepstakes end date necessarily means that Halloween Time is beginning on Friday, 9/11 -- again, let's remember that 9/11 is only 4 days after Labor Day and Halloween Time never starts that close to Labor Day, and it's a date that carries with it a lot "history" that might not fit well with the start of a celebratory event. I still think that the start date of Halloween Time could be somewhere between 9/12-9/16, or by 9/18, at the very latest, but the official end of the contest seems to imply a shifting of some kind -- shifting from one season to another or whatever.

And it also tells us that there won't be any Diamond Days prizes given away during Halloween Time! Drat!!!

We are thinking about going Oct 21-25. What are the chances there will be a MHP on the 21st? Provided they are the same-ish as last year.

fiddlesticks --

If there are more dates added into the MHP schedule this year, I would think that there is a very good chance that Wed., 10/21 could be on the agenda. If they primarily stick to a (mostly) Tuesday and Friday schedule for MHP, then the party would likely just happen on Friday, 10/23 during your trip. In fact, even it happens on 10/21, I think it will happen on 10/23 too.

I thought the end date was interesting as well. I was disappointed that it wouldn't be running during my long trip, but then I looked at how many (few?) prizes there are and realized that I don't stand a chance at winning anyway! LOL When they first announced this sweepstakes, I thought they would be handing out little prizes all over the place daily (like hats, pins, fast passes, etc.). It's a bit harder to get excited about a sweepstakes with one daily winner out of the many thousands of guest visiting each day.

I don't think that this Sweepstakes end date necessarily means that Halloween Time is beginning on Friday, 9/11 -- again, let's remember that 9/11 is only 4 days after Labor Day and Halloween Time never starts that close to Labor Day, and it's a date that carries with it a lot "history" that might not fit well with the start of a celebratory event.

I actually wondered if this might mean that the first day of the Halloween season would be 9/12. This would kind of make sense with the last day of the Sweepstakes being 9/11. Has the Halloween season ever started on a Saturday?

And it also tells us that there won't be any Diamond Days prizes given away during Halloween Time! Drat!!!

I was rather looking forward to this even though I would not have been eligible.

Corinna

I actually wondered if this might mean that the first day of the Halloween season would be 9/12. This would kind of make sense with the last day of the Sweepstakes being 9/11. Has the Halloween season ever started on a Saturday?

I was rather looking forward to this even though I would not have been eligible.

Corinna

The Halloween Time season has never officially begun on a Saturday, but I have thought for a while that this would be a good year for it IF they plan to also end the season on a Saturday (which would be 10/31, of course). They could have a Saturday start and Saturday end! Something about 9/11 just doesn't sit right with me this year -- even aside from the historical significance of the date, I think that starting the season only 4 days after Labor Day is really pushing it. That has not happened at all in recent years.

Also, it bears mentioning that Haunted Mansion Holiday ran for a few extra days this past holiday season -- it ended several days later in January than it usually ends. That could indicate that it is going to get a slightly later start this year too (like if Halloween Time starts a few days later than expected). Maybe it was a compensation of some kind -- because it could start slightly later than usual this year, Disney let it run for a bit longer this past season. I'm just guessing, but who knows?

I know it sounds AWFUL- and I'm starting to get excited about some of the 60th stuff, like fireworks- but I just feel relieved in thinking that perhaps the 60th won't totally eclipse the Halloween and Christmas seasons...because, if it did, it would make me resent the 60th, like a bratty kid, lol!

I know it sounds AWFUL- and I'm starting to get excited about some of the 60th stuff, like fireworks- but I just feel relieved in thinking that perhaps the 60th won't totally eclipse the Halloween and Christmas seasons...because, if it did, it would make me resent the 60th, like a bratty kid, lol!

It doesn't sound awful to me at all, JinglePoem. I'm right there with you. I am excited for the 60th stuff (although I am soooooooo glad I was not there today, as the crowds appear to be insane, and there are 2-hour lines for food, and the Esplanade is jam-packed), and excited for the general celebration of it all. However, I love Halloween Time and the Holidays, and I would be annoyed if those got completely obliterated by 60th stuff. There has to be a good balance between 60th and holidays!

As it is, 3 of the regular pieces of Holiday season entertainment are not happening this year (the Christmas parade, World of Color-Winter Dreams, and Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks), so if anything else were to be wiped off of the Halloween Time or Holiday season schedules, there would be a huge dent in the seasonal festivities. And, as I've said before, a lot of people who don't follow discussion forums or social media may not be keeping up with the Diamond Celebration news. They will go to DLR in Sept-Oct or Nov-Dec and want to see Halloween or Holiday things, respectively, and wonder what happened to the Christmas parade!

...As it is, 3 of the regular pieces of Holiday season entertainment are not happening this year (the Christmas parade, World of Color-Winter Dreams, and Believe in Holiday Magic fireworks), so if anything else were to be wiped off of the Halloween Time or Holiday season schedules, there would be a huge dent in the seasonal festivities. And, as I've said before, a lot of people who don't follow discussion forums or social media may not be keeping up with the Diamond Celebration news. They will go to DLR in Sept-Oct or Nov-Dec and want to see Halloween or Holiday things, respectively, and wonder what happened to the Christmas parade!

I so agree with this. I live here (in Long Beach), we have annual passes (thankfully and gratefully), I follow everything from MouseWait to FB pages to Disney Parks blogs, yet I still want to experience what Disney has to offer, seasonally. If I didn't have those things, it would be even MORE pronounced for me. I would be happy that DL has been around for 60 years, but if I was taking my family for a once-in-a-lifetime (or once-every-few-years) trip and planning for Halloween or Holidays, I'd be very disappointed to see nothing but diamond things and offerings.

(And while we are on the subject- I can handle the loss of Holiday fireworks (kind of) and Winter Dreams, but I almost want to cry that the Christmas parade won't be happening, even during daylight hours. I've been reading and watching your Holiday thread, too. It makes me so sad. Told you- I'm a bratty kid, lol!)

Those are our dates too. I figure at some point there will be a party and we'll work around that. We are going in October specifically for the Halloween festivities though which I'm really hoping has occurred to Disney as a possibility. The anniversary is nice and all but what I really want is Halloween at Disney.

Yep, We also specifically are going in October for Halloween stuff. I'm looking forward to the 60th parade, WoC, etc - but we will really be there for the Halloween stuff.

Have the dates of the Party been announced? If so what page are they on here?

superme80 --

Not yet, sadly! If the party is going to be business as usual (in other words, no major changes to the schedule, exclusive entertainment or location), we probably won't find out the dates until July -- maybe late June, if we're very lucky. However, if there is any kind of major change coming -- like the party moves back to DCA, or the number of MHP nights suddenly increases dramatically, or there is something new added into the entertainment -- the Parks Blog might do a special announcement by the end of this month or in early June.

At this moment, there aren't really any new rumors floating around or trickling out. The last wave of rumors was in the last few months of last year. All has been quiet since then.

By the way, whenever any dates come out, I will always post them on page 1 of this thread. Right now you can see the 2014 info on page 1 -- that's only because we don't know anything about this year yet. But that's where I will post them, and/or post the link to the blogs or articles that announce the dates. Also, I will add something to the title of the thread to indicate that there is news. I might say something like, "MHP dates announced!!" or "Breaking news just in!" If you see anything other than what I have in the title now ("Awaiting Info About Halloween Time 2015...") you will know that something new -- however minor or major -- has been revealed/announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter