HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Kristin -- If you hadn't posted a link to the music then I probably would have posted it from some site or another, but I'm not sure if it is actually sold anywhere. I don't think it is -- I've never heard of the SMGG music ending up on a formal soundtrack.

I just had to share... I just picked up a Disney Jessie (Toy Story) costume at JC Penney for $3.97!! I spent $50.00 and for two Disney bathing suits (Frozen & Ariel), two Disney Minne Mouse dresses (casual, not costumes), the Jessie costume, and a pair of jeans.

At the Disney Store I picked up an Olaf shirt for $2.99.

It was a great day to go to the mall!

I just had to share... I just picked up a Disney Jessie (Toy Story) costume at JC Penney for $3.97!! I spent $50.00 and for two Disney bathing suits (Frozen & Ariel), two Disney Minne Mouse dresses (casual, not costumes), the Jessie costume, and a pair of jeans.

At the Disney Store I picked up an Olaf shirt for $2.99.

It was a great day to go to the mall!

It was, indeed! You got some great deals on Disney garb! :banana:

Quick Question: What time does the party ticket let you in? At the party start time or earlier like 4pm?

Quick Question: What time does the party ticket let you in? At the party start time or earlier like 4pm?

4 pm. I think the rule is 3 hours early

Yes, as JadeDarkstar said, you can get in at 4 p.m. if the party begins at 7 p.m., and you can get in at 3 p.m. if the party begins at 6 p.m.

The 7 p.m. parties are generally the Friday night MHPs. Anything earlier in the week starts at 6 p.m. I suspect that this year's Halloween night party will begin at 7 p.m.

Yes, as JadeDarkstar said, you can get in at 4 p.m. if the party begins at 7 p.m., and you can get in at 3 p.m. if the party begins at 6 p.m.

The 7 p.m. parties are generally the Friday night MHPs. Anything earlier in the week starts at 6 p.m. I suspect that this year's Halloween night party will begin at 7 p.m.

Yay! Now just to wish with all my might for a Oct 29th party!

Yay! Now just to wish with all my might for a Oct 29th party!

I think that even if the location of MHP does not change, there is still a good chance that the number of MHP nights could increase from last year's 14 parties. We could see at least 15 parties (because this is 2015, of course!), and if even more party nights are added in I would not be at all shocked if we see some back-to-back party nights popping up at some point in the schedule. We could feasibly see a party on 10/29 as well as on 10/30 and 10/31. Or, perhaps what would have ordinarily been a party on 10/30 will be scrapped in favor of the Saturday party on 10/31 -- which would make a 10/29 party even more likely.

I tend to think that the only specific date that matters in the MHP schedule is 10/31 -- there has to be a party on Halloween night. All of the other party night dates can change, because the specific days of the week are probably what factor into the equation a little bit more. But we shall see! If only we could get the dates now, we would know exactly what we were up against!

I think that even if the location of MHP does not change, there is still a good chance that the number of MHP nights could increase from last year's 14 parties. We could see at least 15 parties (because this is 2015, of course!), and if even more party nights are added in I would not be at all shocked if we see some back-to-back party nights popping up at some point in the schedule. We could feasibly see a party on 10/29 as well as on 10/30 and 10/31. Or, perhaps what would have ordinarily been a party on 10/30 will be scrapped in favor of the Saturday party on 10/31 -- which would make a 10/29 party even more likely.

I tend to think that the only specific date that matters in the MHP schedule is 10/31 -- there has to be a party on Halloween night. All of the other party night dates can change, because the specific days of the week are probably what factor into the equation a little bit more. But we shall see! If only we could get the dates now, we would know exactly what we were up against!

I know, it is such a shame that the park hours on a Thursday are short so if there isn't a party it is not worth us going as we land (from a 13 hour flight) at 12ish, if there is a party we will rent a car, stay in Anaheim and hit the party, if there was longer park hours we would come to see the new parade/fireworks but since it will close at 8ish then its not worth it which means we wont come to Anaheim at all. We fly out the next morning
So my whole plans are on hold waiting....waiting....waiting... :)

I asked a Cast Member that I know if any whisperings or discussions about Mickey's Halloween Party (as it relates to the 60th anniversary events) have come up yet this year, or been swirling about in the CM rumor mill. This specific CM has heard nothing -- no one has even mentioned it (including CMs who worked the party) this year. This CM happens to think that MHP will not move back to DCA and that it will stay in DL, because the backlash from having no Halloween Screams and no Cavalcade would be significant, and because charging the same price or more for an MHP ticket in DCA without party exclusives or special Halloween overlays would be controversial. This CM also doesn't think there would be a special Halloween World of Color in the same year that we are getting "World of Color - Celebrate."

However... all of that said... my CM friend said that it appears that something is a-brewin' in terms of special events (the category that Mickey's Halloween Party falls into) and things happening in the second half of the year, based on some big staff additions and changes, and another possible wave of staff changes this coming fall. The CM has no clue if any of the second-half-of-the-year activity has to do with MHP or something else totally unrelated, but it seems that preparations are being made for something to happen later this year -- or maybe several somethings (like assorted pop-up events that last only a day or a weekend).

Actually, there will be special events happening all throughout this year, it seems, but what (and where) those events will be from, say, September on through December, is the real mystery!!

:dancer::dancer:

Damn I was thinking that would be quite cool DD3 has just hit 40" and I am dying for her to ride RSR, this would be the only way it would happen this trip.
They could still do the Cavalcade at DCA, don't you think?
They set fireworks off during WOC, do you think they could develop a Hallowscreams for DCA?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, it is such a shame that the park hours on a Thursday are short so if there isn't a party it is not worth us going as we land (from a 13 hour flight) at 12ish, if there is a party we will rent a car, stay in Anaheim and hit the party, if there was longer park hours we would come to see the new parade/fireworks but since it will close at 8ish then its not worth it which means we wont come to Anaheim at all. We fly out the next morning
So my whole plans are on hold waiting....waiting....waiting... :)

The fact that DLR doesn't release dates for significant events (like a multi-night Halloween party!) and immensely popular seasons until just a couple of months beforehand (if not later) is maddening! They didn't announce the official holiday/Christmas season dates until September last year :faint: -- and the season started in November! In the past they have told us (or released) the holiday season dates in August, or even July at one point. Why September? :confused: People who want to book their flights and reserve hotel rooms in advance -- for special holiday trips -- either have to wait for Disney to finally post dates on the DLR website or make an announcement in a blog, or they have to find their way to websites like DISboards and others so they can get a sense of when everything will be up and running.

Sometimes I think that Disney doesn't take into account exactly how many people from other states and other countries go to DLR -- especially now, since the "reimagined" version of DCA was introduced in 2012. I mean, I know they crunch numbers and analyze data, and I'm sure they have statisticians in place to tell them exactly what the ratio is of local guests to non-local guests, so they must see proof that there are many more locals and semi-locals in the park than anyone else.

However, all of that said, DLR keeps taking little steps -- little measures here and there -- to treat DLR as more of a vacation destination for a multi-night stay, and to attract visitors who might have otherwise gone to WDW. They do little things to make DLR like WDW in some regards. I am sure that whoever it is that sits down and figures out the DLR schedule for the whole year knows exactly when big events and seasons will happen, but for some reason they hold on to the info until almost the last possible moment. :headache: So they will treat DLR like WDW in some ways, but not in others.

Damn I was thinking that would be quite cool DD3 has just hit 40" and I am dying for her to ride RSR, this would be the only way it would happen this trip.
They could still do the Cavalcade at DCA, don't you think?
They set fireworks off during WOC, do you think they could develop a Hallowscreams for DCA?

There are certainly plenty of ways Disney could make the party happen in DCA again. There could be some sort of Cavalcade or a full parade. There could be a Halloween version of World of Color, if not fireworks. There could be dance stations set up in Cars Land, in Hollywood Land, etc. There could be fog and spooky effects in the Grizzly Peak area, as well as in the Paradise Pier area.

Not counting the super short 2-year run of the Halloween party back in the mid-'90s, basically the Halloween party has been happening for 10 years now. After almost a decade of no Halloween party, it was brought back in 2005 -- and it took place in DCA. After the past 5 years of a party in DL, this could be a good opportunity for Disney to shake things up a bit and do something different with the party for its (unofficial) "10th anniversary." And, because the new nighttime parade and new fireworks will be happening in DL, it would be a perfect time to reintroduce the party in DCA. Frankly, I can't think of a better time.

Alas... unless Disney is somehow keeping things so hush-hush that nothing is leaking out to anyone, it doesn't sound like there are any plans in place to Halloween-ify DCA this year. I suspect they were considering it or toying with the idea at one point, but something tells me that if MHP were going to move back to DCA this year there would be little tidbits trickling/leaking out. Things have been quiet since the year began.

Hi Everyone,
I have had a very Disney year so far! Our first year as APs, and we enjoying it immensely! I am planning our next DL trip this fall during the Halloween season. I am planning around a Oct. 1 birthday, so I thought the first weekend would work out great. I noticed that weekend is Gay Days. How busy will it be?
This is mainly an adult trip:), so I am not worried about characters or rides being super busy. We will just try to go on our favorites and enjoy the atmosphere and food!
Thank you all!

Hi Everyone,
I have had a very Disney year so far! Our first year as APs, and we enjoying it immensely! I am planning our next DL trip this fall during the Halloween season. I am planning around a Oct. 1 birthday, so I thought the first weekend would work out great. I noticed that weekend is Gay Days. How busy will it be?
This is mainly an adult trip:), so I am not worried about characters or rides being super busy. We will just try to go on our favorites and enjoy the atmosphere and food!
Thank you all!

It's been a while since I was at DLR over the Gay Days weekend, and a lot has changed with the crowd situation since then, I think, but I didn't notice a substantial increase in crowds until later in the day on Saturday of that weekend. The earlier part of the day was fine. I tend to think the crowds will be more along the lines of general "Halloween Time season weekend crowds" than really specific to Gay Days, although some people say that there is a substantial increase in crowds because of Gay Days.

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Okay, folks -- there is no Disney Halloween Time news yet, but it's time to start rolling out the "Halloween TV news" (something I do every year)!! It is still too early for Pumpkin Pandemonium -- the onslaught of all things Fall/Harvest/Halloween/caramel apple/candy corn/pumpkin spice hitting the store shelves -- to begin. We should see the first signs of Pumpkin Pandemonium in July, with a rapid increase in August.

But news of just some of this year's Halloween programming is already trickling out!! I know that some folks here absolutely love Halloween (as I do) and love the yearly specials with Halloween themes. I'm sure there will be many more announced over the next few months, but let's get started!

Coming this year to Food Network in the Fall:

New Primetime Series

Halloween Baking Championship -- Series Premiere: October 2015
Six of the country’s top bakers battle it out in a four-episode culinary battle to create Halloween’s spookiest and most irresistible treats. From mummy meringues, creepy cakes and bat wing whoopie pies to towering confections of terror, one of these bakers has what it takes to land the $25,000 prize and title of Halloween Baking Champion! Produced by Triage Entertainment for Food Network

Returning Primetime Series

Halloween Wars -- Season Five Premiere: October 2015
Food Network puts viewers in the Halloween spirit serving up the fifth season of deliciously scary series, Halloween Wars. The four-episode competition, hosted by Rossi Morreale, places five teams – comprised of cake decorators, candy makers and pumpkin carvers– working in unison to create the ultimate Halloween-themed display. One team is eliminated each week, with the winner taking home $50,000. Produced by Super Delicious for Food Network

New Daytime Series

Giada’s Holiday Handbook -- Series Premiere: October 2015
Giada’s Holiday Handbook is the ultimate resource for creative, doable and fun entertaining ideas. In each episode, host Giada De Laurentiis tackles an entertaining or holiday-focused theme, and offers a clever and accessible plan for pulling off the perfect party. Whether it is a big holiday bash or an intimate meal with the family, Giada can help you make it a success! Produced by Linguine Pictures for Food Network

Specials

Outrageous Halloween -- Premiere: October 2015
The spookiest of holidays gets scarily outrageous in Outrageous Halloween, a trick-or-treat showcase of epic proportions uncovering the most extreme Halloween treats, sweets and eats. Produced by Sharp Entertainment for Food Network

And over on the Cooking Channel you will find:

Rosanna Pansino Baking Specials -- Premiere: October/December 2015
Youtube baking sensation Rosanna Pansino joins the Cooking Channel family for two specials focused on Halloween and the holidays. For Halloween she shares her favorite ghoulish treats and her best food-inspired costume ideas as she gets ready to celebrate the spookiest of holidays. Then Rosanna goes all out for the holidays as she preps amazing meals and her signature sweet treats for a holiday extravaganza of delicious proportions. Produced by Magical Elves for Cooking Channel

Source: http://www.scrippsnetworksinteracti...-and-Cooking-Channel's-2015-Upfront-Menu.aspx

I'm really looking forward to the return of Halloween Wars and the new Outrageous Halloween special!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Last edited:
:thanks: I came here tonight to ask a bunch of questions about Halloween time, only to find every single one answered on post #3!

2015 will be my second MHP/Halloween trip, but a first for my DH - he is really looking forward to dressing up, and he's not normally someone that would do that, so I am super excited.

The first time we went to MHP was in 2013... we were at the park for rope drop and planned to head back to our room at noon to rest up. But we were having too much fun and didn't actually go back until after 2pm, which didn't give us much chance for a rest before we had to get dressed and head back. It made for a long day/night, but ds was a real trooper, and we had so much fun! This time though we will definitely plan to head back earlier in the day. We're going for a week this time too, so we won't feel as much pressure to do everything on the same day as the party lol.

Thanks again for compiling all this information in one place!

Question Re: Halloween Party on 10/31......we will be at DLR 10/30 - 11/2. We plan to do the MHP on 10/31. Am I going to have to watch for a release date and get tickets the day they are released to have a chance at attending on Halloween? I have never attended a party so I don't know how fast the tickets sell out.

Question Re: Halloween Party on 10/31......we will be at DLR 10/30 - 11/2. We plan to do the MHP on 10/31. Am I going to have to watch for a release date and get tickets the day they are released to have a chance at attending on Halloween? I have never attended a party so I don't know how fast the tickets sell out.

I don't think they ever sold out on the day they were released, but most dates do sell out eventually and Halloween itself tends to be one of the date that sells out earlier than some of the others.

Corinna

thinking of coming down the first weekend of October to see all the 60th anniversary fun and attend MHP! last party we did was back in 2007 when it was in DCA!

This will be our first trip during Halloween time & I was wondering if the regular music that is played around the park changes like the Christmas music that is played in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter