HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah! It's making me crazy. I ordered on the 22nd for October 7th, too! But I still haven't gotten my tickets in the mail and I'm only a couple states away in WA.

I live right up in the Bay Area. Only about 6 hours away and I have yet to receive my tickets. It's interesting that people farther away, such as Hawaii and Colorado, started receiving their tickets last week.

The CM did tell me 14 days, and it's only been 12. Less if you only count mail days. And I do have a confirmation number. So, I'm not worried. I'm just curious why my tickets take longer when I'm so close.

I live right up in the Bay Area. Only about 6 hours away and I have yet to receive my tickets. It's interesting that people farther away, such as Hawaii and Colorado, started receiving their tickets last week.
I live in Colorado and have not received my tix. I ordered mid-afternoon on July 22nd. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to the ticket receiving madness.

DH is still kind of on the fence about getting tickets for the HP on 9.30. He gave DD a goal to get up on a surfboard before summer is over and "then we can go to the Halloween party", which is great, but what if the tickets are sold out by the time she does it?!!! What are their policies on having to cancel? I am considering getting tickets just to have them, but what if I need to cancel? Can I do that? If so, how far in advance?

DH is still kind of on the fence about getting tickets for the HP on 9.30. He gave DD a goal to get up on a surfboard before summer is over and "then we can go to the Halloween party", which is great, but what if the tickets are sold out by the time she does it?!!! What are their policies on having to cancel? I am considering getting tickets just to have them, but what if I need to cancel? Can I do that? If so, how far in advance?

No refunds.

If you're already in the park and don't need to change into a costume or anything, you should be able to get wristbands somewhere in Disneyland without needing to exit and then re-enter. From the MHP FAQ on page 1:

I don't know where the wristband station will be set up this year, but it should work pretty much the same way, I would think.

Thank you so much!

I wonder if this counts as part of Pumpkin Pandemonium/Halloween Hoopla/Candy Corn Chaos and Caramel Apple Confusion? It's Kellogg's Limited Edition Apple Cinnamon Crunch cereal - http://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/word...limited-edition-apple-cinnamon-crunch-cereal/. "Apple cinnamon" makes me think of fall, and it IS a Limited Edition cereal, which makes me think it is supposed to be around during the fall. It's not quite clear though.

Also -- I am missing out on all of the Halloween and holiday fun that Michaels provides! I don't have a Michaels anywhere near me, unfortunately, so I had no idea what I was missing out on. How long have they had these adorable Halloween nutcrackers - https://prettymuchpacked.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/screen-shot-2014-09-01-at-5-00-30-pm1.png?? I saw a photo of these nutcrackers on Facebook last night, and one of my friends said that she thinks they were in stock last year too? I need Halloween nutcrackers in my life!!!!

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Yep might be worth a try. We were able to change our WDW Halloween party tickets last sept on the day for a later party. It had been raining heavily for 8 hours and even with ponchos on we were cold wet and miserable. Lots of people were changing. Disney don't have to change them but this early on they might be willing to.

I am now concerned though cause I don't have the etickets thanks to disneys comp glitch and I'm now worried they won't be for the right night. Any suggestions sherry?

I don't have any suggestions beyond what lorijohnhill recommended. With the confirmation number you have, you should be able to contact Disney (via email or on the phone) and have a Cast Member check which date the party is actually for.

It's just such a shame -- and understandably annoying -- that so many of you guys have to go through this hassle; some without tickets, some without confirmation numbers, and now one person with tickets for the wrong night. I know it will be a big relief once it's all out of the way.

Thank you so much!

No problem at all!

I went to both Target and Wal-Mart in the city of Orange where I live and I didn't see any sign of Halloween/Fall goodies. It's all Back to School sale right now. I will keep my eye out for everyone here.

I went to both Target and Wal-Mart in the city of Orange where I live and I didn't see any sign of Halloween/Fall goodies. It's all Back to School sale right now. I will keep my eye out for everyone here.

Really? Not even at Target? Not a Pumpkin Cheesecake cookie in sight? Shameful! Target of Orange is lagging behind! It's usually Target or Walmart -- or both -- that would get in an exclusive Oreo or M&Ms product of some sort. Maybe Oreo and M&Ms finally ran out of every possible Halloween or Fall-related flavor to put in cookie or candy form and they can't think of anymore! :lmao: I guess the well runs dry after a while.

I don't have any suggestions beyond what lorijohnhill recommended. With the confirmation number you have, you should be able to contact Disney (via email or on the phone) and have a Cast Member check which date the party is actually for.

It's just such a shame -- and understandably annoying -- that so many of you guys have to go through this hassle; some without tickets, some without confirmation numbers, and now one person with tickets for the wrong night. I know it will be a big relief once it's all out of the way.

Thanks, Ive emailed to confirm

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place for this question however does anyone know if the Sanderson sisters are present during MHP?

Thanks, Kat

Sherry,
I'm just as Bad as the stores. I've been making Halloween hair bows. I think that people start thinking of Halloween with the dreams of the cooler weather. I know I do.

Not sure if this is the right place for this question however does anyone know if the Sanderson sisters are present during MHP?

Thanks, Kat

You came to the right place! You mean the sisters from "Hocus Pocus"? I didn't see them and I have not heard of them ever being at MHP, although that would be really interesting and different if they ever appeared!

Sherry,
I'm just as Bad as the stores. I've been making Halloween hair bows. I think that people start thinking of Halloween with the dreams of the cooler weather. I know I do.

I saw the picture of your bow with the spider on it -- very cute! I definitely agree, Michele -- mentally I am trying to block out the fact that temperatures are probably going to soar to ridiculous heights before the summer is over, and I am trying to think ahead to the fun and cooler weather that awaits on the other side!

Also -- I am missing out on all of the Halloween and holiday fun that Michaels provides! I don't have a Michaels anywhere near me, unfortunately, so I had no idea what I was missing out on. How long have they had these adorable Halloween nutcrackers - https://prettymuchpacked.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/screen-shot-2014-09-01-at-5-00-30-pm1.png?? I saw a photo of these nutcrackers on Facebook last night, and one of my friends said that she thinks they were in stock last year too? I need Halloween nutcrackers in my life!!!

Don't know if it's still there but there used to be a Michaels in Santa Monica near the Promanade.

I just bought our tickets for the party on October 9th. Woo hoo! Now we're really excited for our fall break trip. Still have to purchase our military salute tickets, which is such an amazing deal. Only $132 for 3-day hopper passes!!! Sweet, right? We arrive early morning on Thursday, Oct 8th, which will be our first full day in Disneyland. Staying at the Best Western Raffles Inn for the first time. Friday we're doing party only. I think we'll just sleep in that morning, maybe cruise around downtown Disney a little before we get into costumes for the party. Saturday and Sunday full days at the parks. Head back to Gallup, New Mexico on Monday, Columbus Day. Best part is that we racked up enough Disney rewards to pay for all of our tickets in full. Eight of us going on this trip: me, DH, DS 17, DS 14, DD 11, DD 7, SisIL, niece 8. First time for niece, so extra special trip. Plus Halloween is my favorite holiday! I love disboards. Helped to make our Christmas trip in 2013 a huge success! Thanks, Sherry!

Does anyone know if the Annual Pass trick-or-treat trail will be back this year? We loved it last year, and are keeping our fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter