HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone - first time poster but have been lurking/learning about the MHP nights experts for a few months. :)

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone (especially the vets) for all the information they have been sharing while we waited for the tickets to be released and I can't recall who posted that her sister had bought their tickets during the first release just after midnight but whoever you were - thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'd been checking all arvo today and sure enough just before 5pm our time (so about 3 hours ago and just after midnight) up it came. I nearly fell over with excitement!

We're coming over from Australia to celebrate my 40th, on Halloween (how lucky am I?!), at a MHP during the 60th year celebration - I mean seriously - does it get any better?!!

The girls and I have been looking at our tickets all night and as soon as I got them to bed, I wanted to get on here and say a huge THANKS.

Wishing you ALL, all the very best!

So thank god then went on at midnight since it is only 7pm here!
I got this message:
Your Order Has Not Been Completed
Thank you for your order.

Your confirmation is currently pending due to system availability. You will soon receive an email to inform you of the status of your order, once it is processed. If you have any questions, please contact the Disney Tickets Online Guest Services at ticketinquiries@disneyonline.com or by calling (714) 781-4400. Guests younger than age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Did you get this message @RichP1269 ?

I've had this message too :( How long do you think we'll have to wait?

I got this message:

Your confirmation is currently pending due to system availability. You will soon receive an email to inform you of the status of your order, once it is processed. If you have any questions, please contact the Disney Tickets Online Guest Services at ticketinquiries@disneyonline.com or by calling (714) 781-4400. Guests younger than age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

I got this message as well!

Once I put in my credit card info etc, and click "Purchase", it takes me back to the review screen and says, "Some of the required payment information is missing or invalid. Please check your entries and try again."

I know that I am putting in all the info correctly. Is anyone else having this problem? Currently on hold...

Once I put in my credit card info etc, and click "Purchase", it takes me back to the review screen and says, "Some of the required payment information is missing or invalid. Please check your entries and try again."

I know that I am putting in all the info correctly. Is anyone else having this problem? Currently on hold...

I had to select a title from the drop down menu. It makes you choose Mr, Mrs, etc...

Don't worry! I got this same "Order is Not Completed" message when I ordered my tickets at midnight, and was worried when my card was charged despite the order not being completed. But this morning I called the Disney representative to inquire about it (about a half hour wait to get through); he looked up my ticket order and said it was indeed a confirmed order despite the message, and gave me a confirmation number. Said I would get an official e-mail within 24 hours, and to have fun at the party!

I got this message:

I got this last week when AP tix went on sale. I still have not received a confirmation. I emailed and was told that if I bring my conf number, ID, and credit card I used, I can pick them up at the ticket booth. I'm going to check on that when we are at DL this week.

I called a out that email this morning. The phone CM was able to find my tickets from my credit card number. She gave me my confirmation number and told me I should get an email with the tickets shortly. She also said, if for any reason I do not get the email with the tickets I could take my confirmation number, ID and credit card to the ticket window at DL and they would give me tickets.

Ok, So I wrote a letter to Disney. Here's hoping it gets results (I still have to buy our tickets this week):

Hi. My family and I are planning our first trip to DLR for my daughters' birthdays in October. We were so excited to find out that not only will we be able to celebrate 60 years of Disney magic, but also participate in Halloween Time.
We booked with our travel agent back in February/March and began planning all the exciting events we can attend. I waited for the announcement of dates for the Mickey Halloween Party and was over the moon to find out that the party we want to attend is falling on our oldest daughter's birthday!
But then I looked to see what was included for the higher cost this year:
- NO cavalcade - just the Paint The Night parade. While that's awesome, it's not really 'Halloween' specific. But ok, it's a parade.
- NO Carnival. Without the pumpkin carving, Day of the Dead, Conjure a Villain, crafts or games, it doesn't seem much like a Halloween Party.
I'm still going to take our kids because we've been talking up the whole "trick-or-treating at Disney on YOUR birthday" thing to them, but it's going to be quite a disappointment after spending so much money (even more after the lousy exchange rate we have now) to receive so little of the Disney magic.
It seems to me the high standard that Disneyland has always held itself to has slipped a little with this year's Halloween celebration. I really hope The Powers That Be change course slightly and bring back the Carnival area at Big Thunder Ranch for Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort.
Kind Regards

I remembered to buy tickets just before I went to bed last night. I'm so happy to be able to cross it off the list! I was suddenly so paranoid, even though we are going on what I consider to be an "off" date, I couldn't let it wait until this morning. *feeling relieved*

I got this last week when AP tix went on sale. I still have not received a confirmation. I emailed and was told that if I bring my conf number, ID, and credit card I used, I can pick them up at the ticket booth.

Well that makes me nervous! I don't want to stop at the ticket booth!

Ok, So I wrote a letter to Disney. Here's hoping it gets results (I still have to buy our tickets this week):

Hi. My family and I are planning our first trip to DLR for my daughters' birthdays in October. We were so excited to find out that not only will we be able to celebrate 60 years of Disney magic, but also participate in Halloween Time.
We booked with our travel agent back in February/March and began planning all the exciting events we can attend. I waited for the announcement of dates for the Mickey Halloween Party and was over the moon to find out that the party we want to attend is falling on our oldest daughter's birthday!
But then I looked to see what was included for the higher cost this year:
- NO cavalcade - just the Paint The Night parade. While that's awesome, it's not really 'Halloween' specific. But ok, it's a parade.
- NO Carnival. Without the pumpkin carving, Day of the Dead, Conjure a Villain, crafts or games, it doesn't seem much like a Halloween Party.
I'm still going to take our kids because we've been talking up the whole "trick-or-treating at Disney on YOUR birthday" thing to them, but it's going to be quite a disappointment after spending so much money (even more after the lousy exchange rate we have now) to receive so little of the Disney magic.
It seems to me the high standard that Disneyland has always held itself to has slipped a little with this year's Halloween celebration. I really hope The Powers That Be change course slightly and bring back the Carnival area at Big Thunder Ranch for Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort.
Kind Regards

Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos is coming back -- it's not part of the Halloween Carnival. It's just a display set up in Frontierland.

The Carnival is usually not part of the Halloween Party, per se. The Carnival is usually closed for the bulk of the party -- so no crafts or games during the party. The Carnival was/is mainly part of the daytime roster of Halloween Time enjoyment, available for anyone to enjoy (even if they don't buy party tickets). I am certain that some sort of Villain photo spot will be put somewhere in the daytime, as will the other characters in Halloween attire. Pirates League may even be put somewhere else in Disneyland. It's just the pumpkin carvers that appear to not be back this year (unless something top secret is in the works), and the general Carnival area sounds as though it is not happening this year (with everything concentrated in one place). There will likely be elements of the Carnival broken up and put elsewhere, but the actual Carnival sounds as if it is not happening.

But none of this has been officially publicized by Disney, so there is no telling what's in the works. I brought the info here to this thread to share with everyone, but it's not anything that the people reading the emails will know anything about just yet. They may not know until Halloween Time begins, sadly.

Well that makes me nervous! I don't want to stop at the ticket booth!

I would just call, as I recommended to lorijohnhill to do. Don't wait to take care of it in person. Just call -- even though it's inconvenient when you live on another continent! -- and make sure they can look up your order with your credit card number.

Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos is coming back -- it's not part of the Halloween Carnival. It's just a display set up in Frontierland.

The Carnival is usually not part of the Halloween Party, per se. The Carnival is usually closed for the bulk of the party -- so no crafts or games during the party. The Carnival was/is mainly part of the daytime roster of Halloween Time enjoyment, available for anyone to enjoy (even if they don't buy party tickets). I am certain that some sort of Villain photo spot will be put somewhere in the daytime, as will the other characters in Halloween attire. Pirates League may even be put somewhere else in Disneyland. It's just the pumpkin carvers that appear to not be back this year (unless something top secret is in the works), and the general Carnival area sounds as though it is not happening this year (with everything concentrated in one place). There will likely be elements of the Carnival broken up and put elsewhere, but the actual Carnival sounds as if it is not happening.

But none of this has been officially publicized by Disney, so there is no telling what's in the works. I brought the info here to this thread to share with everyone, but it's not anything that the people reading the emails will know anything about just yet. They may not know until Halloween Time begins, sadly.

I understand. Thing is, if I have misinformation in there, then they'll send me an email clarifying, yes? And then we'll know for sure what's what! At least I've mentioned how I believe the increase in price doesn't reflect the value for the money.

I would just call, as I recommended to lorijohnhill to do. Don't wait to take care of it in person. Just call -- even though it's inconvenient when you live on another continent! -- and make sure they can look up your order with your credit card number.

So I called, thank god there was no wait time, and got my confirmation number she said it should come through in 24-48 hours otherwise I would have to go to the ticket booth when we arrive.
It annoys me that they wouldn't resend them (because let's face it they aren't resending them if they never sent them), I don't want to waste my time at arrival lining up at the ticket booth.

Sherry E- thank you for all of the updates in the Halloween thread!!! We typically visit DLR in October but recently moved to Southern California and are first time AP holders. We're still adjusting to the traffic and I'm glad that Halloween falls on a Saturday, but do you know if that party in particular has a higher ticket allocation, or are all party dates equal in that regard?

You're very welcome! As theluckyrabbit said, there is probably a higher ticket allocation for Halloween night. And I suspect that, with this year's Saturday Halloween, there will be even more people (as opposed to, say, a Wednesday Halloween). I think that some of the other party nights may have an almost equal number of tickets available (though no one knows what that number is), and may be comparable in crowds. And then still other parties will have more or fewer people based on the day of the week, comp tickets, and other variables.

Hi everyone - first time poster but have been lurking/learning about the MHP nights experts for a few months. :)

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone (especially the vets) for all the information they have been sharing while we waited for the tickets to be released and I can't recall who posted that her sister had bought their tickets during the first release just after midnight but whoever you were - thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'd been checking all arvo today and sure enough just before 5pm our time (so about 3 hours ago and just after midnight) up it came. I nearly fell over with excitement!

We're coming over from Australia to celebrate my 40th, on Halloween (how lucky am I?!), at a MHP during the 60th year celebration - I mean seriously - does it get any better?!!

The girls and I have been looking at our tickets all night and as soon as I got them to bed, I wanted to get on here and say a huge THANKS.

Wishing you ALL, all the very best!

Welcome! :welcome: Thank you for joining us! :banana: I'm so glad this thread has been helpful to you. It sounds as though you have a great birthday-Halloween-60th anniversary trip in store. I think you will have a wonderful time. Are you doing anything else Halloween-ish while you are out here (since I know that Halloween is not as big of a deal in Australia as it is out here in the U.S.)?

If I am not mistaken, I think it was Dawn (PlutoRocks), whose sister got the tickets after midnight one week ago... though I could be mis-remembering. Edited to add -- here is Dawn's quote:

I'm glad my sister is a night owl...she got our tickets online at about 12:15am for Sept. 25th...she said it was super quick and easy...I was dead asleep at that time of night. Good luck to all those waiting on hold...I hope they can clear the backlog and get you guys through quickly.

YAY!!! I'm going to Mickey's Halloween Party for the first time ever!! I'm ridiculously excited about that!

:jumping1:

Last edited:
Eek! I'm so excited- we got our tickets for the October 27th party this morning. It will be our first time at Disneyland during Halloween time.

I have a quick question - which area would be best to do pre-party (from 3-7)? Does one area tend to be more congested during the party? I think I want to save New Orleans Square for the party for sure (can't wait to see the Cadaver Dans)! I am thinking of trying to do all our favorite rides in Fantasyland pre-party, is that a good plan? We are also planning on dinner at Jolly Holiday. Would it be better to plan on dinner before the party? I want to make sure that we maximize our time.

I understand. Thing is, if I have misinformation in there, then they'll send me an email clarifying, yes? And then we'll know for sure what's what! At least I've mentioned how I believe the increase in price doesn't reflect the value for the money.

The answers that come from people on the other end of the emails are usually quite generic. I wouldn't expect much. They don't know much -- and if they do, they are not supposed to reveal it. The info I brought was the "off the grid" insider info, not anything that Disney is going to publicly acknowledge.

But they may go as far as to tell you that Dia de los Muertos is coming back -- because that much has been publicized by Disney. They don't like to focus on the things that are not coming back because they want to entice people to visit.

The price increase absolutely does not reflect the value, in my opinion -- unless there is something unknown in store. There may be some surprises!

Perhaps I'll get a teaser then? You'd think if the DdlM is back, then they'd add in the rest of HT stuff... *sigh* Oh well, it is what it is I suppose. But I can still be a little sad about missing the cool stuff I've seen in photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter