HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about pictures... Since it's at night, how is the lighting around character greetings? If I'm just using a cell phone camera, will my pictures be a major fail?

For Sherry: I think this is from 2009?
DSC_0102.jpg

mikewpumpkinjpg.jpg

DLTorTParty9_2012041.jpg

Questions:

1. Is tonight's event (10/2, Tuesday) sold out?

2. Can you take the Downtown Disney monorail entrance to the party, or does it have to be through the front entrance?

3. Is there any special merchandise JUST sold at the party, like t-shirts?

Thanks! Leaving few it in few hours.

Ethan

We leave Saturday!! :cool1:

I dont see many Hershey bars or Twix. So you are either like me and eat them right when you get them..... (I did this last year!) :upsidedow
Or they didn't give you very many. Hopefully we get some good candy!! :thumbsup2

The count down is on. It's one week from today for my first MHP for this year.:cheer2: I'm very excited.

I dont see many Hershey bars or Twix. So you are either like me and eat them right when you get them..... (I did this last year!) :upsidedow
Or they didn't give you very many. Hopefully we get some good candy!! :thumbsup2

There weren't many Hershey bars, but there were plenty of Twix. Figment is sitting in front of them...

I have a question about pictures... Since it's at night, how is the lighting around character greetings? If I'm just using a cell phone camera, will my pictures be a major fail?

Some of the characters had better lighting than others...Jack Sparrow looked pretty well lit, but Jack Skellington was darker. Overall, I think most would need a flash to get a good photo of characters. How does your cell phone normally do with night time outdoor lighting (like say under a street lamp)?

There is special party merchandise, but some of it was out before the first party started. I saw the pins being sold throughout the park when DL opened on Friday (9/28). I bought them at that point and did not have a wristband or anything (it was 11 am in the morning!). They brought out the shirts just as the party started, but I saw that they were still on the shelves on Saturday. So my guess is that they aren't restricting the merchandise to just party goers.

My family and I will be staying offsite and are going to one of the Halloween parties. Does the ART run late on party days? Or will we need to drive to the parks? We've never driven, so if we need to I'll have to get out my maps and figure out where to park :/

Questions:

1. Is tonight's event (10/2, Tuesday) sold out?

2. Can you take the Downtown Disney monorail entrance to the party, or does it have to be through the front entrance?

Thanks! Leaving few it in few hours.

Ethan

Since no one else answered these, I will do so myself. :)

1. No

2. No, front only. It sucks to walk that far with little kids in hot costumes!

3. Already answered just a few posts ago.

Just went to MNSSHP last night the 2nd of Oct, i thought very crowded but so very fun. Quick thoughts, the fog over rivers of America so very cool, great affect the trick or treating WOW!! all I could say, you diffidently get your moneys worth. We did not hit every stand but fill our bag(the ones they give away) up, we have try to eat our way down LOL:rotfl2: before our flight home!. Some of the costumes where really awesome, they really put mine to shame. My really only complaint was the parade, it was nice and fun, but they change it from boo to you, just did not have that same spark,and no headless horse men. And really its not that it was bad just diffrent, it was still fun. I will add photos tomorrow, the hotel room computer is so slow downloading from photo bucket.

My really only complaint was the parade, it was nice and fun, but they change it from boo to you, just did not have that same spark,and no headless horse men. And really its not that it was bad just diffrent, it was still fun.

Just to clarify, the Boo-To-You parade with the Headless Horseman is over at MNSSHP in Florida. At Mickey's Halloween Party (MHP) in Disneyland, they've never had the Headless Horseman ride or the Boo-To-You parade. DLR's Cavalcade is cute, but it's not a full scale parade like Boo-To-You. Still, glad to hear you thought it was fun.

Just to clarify, the Boo-To-You parade with the Headless Horseman is over at MNSSHP in Florida. At Mickey's Halloween Party (MHP) in Disneyland, they've never had the Headless Horseman ride or the Boo-To-You parade. DLR's Cavalcade is cute, but it's not a full scale parade like Boo-To-You. Still, glad to hear you thought it was fun.

Thanks:confused3, i thought they where both the same sorry:cool1:. Like i said it was still fun, this is our first DL MNSSHP, unfourntly this will be our only one for this trip, the 5th is sold out or we would go to that one to

Are there photopass photographers at most of the character meet and greets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter