HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are heading to Disneyland Oct 6th- Oct 12 !!! Only 236 days away!!! :cool1::yay: This will be my 3rd trip and the first time I have taken my daughters who are 14 and 9 together. I have taken them separate for their 7th birthdays. Also my Mom is coming with us and this will be her FIRST TIME EVER!!! I have never been there at Halloween and I don't have a clue what to expect. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I just have to decide on the hotel now.. Was thinking The Fairfield or the Best Western Park Place... Oh the choices!!!

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn last year and we loved it, super easy for us to walk to the parks, nice clean room, great experience. We are trying a new hotel/motel because we get the 3rd night free and needed to budget so I hope the Carousel Inn is as nice as Fairfield was.

This is our first Halloween trip as well, reading this thread definitely answered a lot of my questions and inspired me to save money for the party and all the fun Halloween goodies!!:yay:

Completed our first Christmas DL trip in 2012. No we are booked for our 1st Halloween time trip September 28 - October 4. Celebrating our 18th anniversary by staying on site for the first time at PPH :dancer:.

Hi Sherry - looks like we are going for Halloween this year and am hoping to see DCA decorated like in years past. What do you think will happen to celebrate Halloween this year? Any chance the party will move back to DCA? World of Color changes? Curious to know what your thinking.

Kris

We are heading to Disneyland Oct 6th- Oct 12 !!! Only 236 days away!!! :cool1::yay: This will be my 3rd trip and the first time I have taken my daughters who are 14 and 9 together. I have taken them separate for their 7th birthdays. Also my Mom is coming with us and this will be her FIRST TIME EVER!!! I have never been there at Halloween and I don't have a clue what to expect. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I just have to decide on the hotel now.. Was thinking The Fairfield or the Best Western Park Place... Oh the choices!!!

We are going the 7-12th!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I've stayed at the Fairfield, I liked it! pixiedust:

Hi everyone :goodvibes! This is a great day for me because I'm beginning my Disneyland planning today :hyper:! Well actually I've always got things on the go, documents of food I must eat for the most part. With pictures lol! However I need to pick my dates so this is big! The big question is of course, when does Halloween time begin? I'll be in LA for about a month or so but ugh, unless I get an annual pass I've got 5 days to do the parks so I want to go when all the attractions are up and running! Two years ago you all helped me loads when I went for my birthday in Sept. and that was fine then that Haunted and Space were down because I just had to be in Disneyland, you know?

This year I'm thinking of October but if it begins earlier I'll come earlier :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes. I AM SO EXCITED haha!!

Hi everyone :goodvibes! This is a great day for me because I'm beginning my Disneyland planning today :hyper:! Well actually I've always got things on the go, documents of food I must eat for the most part. With pictures lol! However I need to pick my dates so this is big! The big question is of course, when does Halloween time begin? I'll be in LA for about a month or so but ugh, unless I get an annual pass I've got 5 days to do the parks so I want to go when all the attractions are up and running! Two years ago you all helped me loads when I went for my birthday in Sept. and that was fine then that Haunted and Space were down because I just had to be in Disneyland, you know?

This year I'm thinking of October but if it begins earlier I'll come earlier :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes. I AM SO EXCITED haha!!

Kristina -

Welcome back to the thread!:cool1: I don't know if you were aware, but I replied to you when I saw you recently post in the "Any Breaking Bad Fans?" thread, over in the Community section of the board. When I saw your name in that thread I instantly remembered you from posting in my Halloween Superthread a while back! (I have a good memory!)

There is supposed to be a Villains event at DL on Friday, September 13th, which is part of the "Limited Time Magic" deal that is happening all year. I don't know if this means that the official start of Halloween Time will be on 9/13, or if Disney will do what it has done with the Christmas/holiday season for the last 2 years and begin Halloween Time on a Monday (like 9/16). It could even begin as late as 9/20. It could largely have to do with what kinds of events are in store for this year's Halloween festivities, if there is anything new happening, etc.

In any case, if you want to attend Mickey's Halloween Party I think you'd have a better chance of waiting until late September or early October, as I suspect the earliest date the party could start would be 9/27, and the latest start date for the MHP would be 10/4.

I may be on information overload so please forgive me if this is a redundent question.

I know you have to buy a ticket for the evening halloween parties.

I thought I read that party ticket-holders are allowed entrance to DL 3yrs before the party begins.

Does this mean you do not need a valid park ticket that day? All you need is a party ticket?

I may be on information overload so please forgive me if this is a redundent question.

I know you have to buy a ticket for the evening halloween parties.

I thought I read that party ticket-holders are allowed entrance to DL 3yrs before the party begins.

Does this mean you do not need a valid park ticket that day? All you need is a party ticket?

awdsmama -

This is how it's gone for the last few years (keep in mind that it's always possible it could change):

You're correct. The specific party ticket holders can get into the park in which the party will be held 3 hours ahead of time. All they will need is the party ticket itself to take advantage of that benefit. No extra park ticket is needed.

For example, if the party is starting at 6 p.m. in Disneyland, then all people who buy a party ticket can get into Disneyland at 3 p.m. with only their party ticket. If the party starts at 7 p.m., ticket holders can get in at 4 p.m.

If you want to get into the park earlier in the day (before the 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. entry time), or visit California Adventure, of course you will need a separate park ticket(s).

Also, keep in mind that those 3 extra hours allowed to party guests will be 'overlap time,' in which other park guests (everyone who is already in the park earlier in the day and may not be attending the party) will still be there. So it can get pretty crowded during those 3 hours until the non-party guests vacate the park.

PERFECT, thank you!

DS got a bit overwhelmed with 5 days of park time last year so I was going to plan a "no-park day" this year...sounds like we could do the Halloween party on that day and STILL get some park time in! Thanks :-)

5 days of park time, I know it may be overload for your DS, but It sounds so much fun:cool1: we did 4 days last Sept when we went for MNSSHP(only one day for the event) it seem on the lighter side,5 or six seem about right

Kristina -

Welcome back to the thread!:cool1: I don't know if you were aware, but I replied to you when I saw you recently post in the "Any Breaking Bad Fans?" thread, over in the Community section of the board. When I saw your name in that thread I instantly remembered you from posting in my Halloween Superthread a while back! (I have a good memory!)

You do have a good memory!! :thumbsup2 I don't lol! I haven't been back to the Breaking Bad thread simply because I was afraid of spoilers but Wow that you remembered me :goodvibes!
Thank you for answering, now I have some idea and can decide when to come. I'll probably aim for more October since this trip is more geared to my best friends birthday and that's fine. I'm so excited because I love Halloween!! :) My friend has 2 kids so perhaps we will do a party with them. I know they've never done it before even though they are local.

Sherry or anyone else, have you heard any gossip regarding perhaps a longer pass than the 5 day hoppers that are offered now? 2 years ago, even though a few of the major attractions were down getting ready for Halloween and Cars Land not yet open, I visited for 4 days and still needed more time, and didn't even get to stroll DTD like I wanted to. I don't know how that happened, I probably walked slow with my old lady legs but still! I need more Disney days :goodvibes! Next year I'm headed to WDW so an annual pass would not be a good deal, and I live in Sweden to boot which makes it even more difficult to just pop over lol!

5 days of park time, I know it may be overload for your DS, but It sounds so much fun:cool1: we did 4 days last Sept when we went for MNSSHP(only one day for the event) it seem on the lighter side,5 or six seem about right

Believe me, I was fine with it haha. We didn't take afternoon breaks though because he'd insist he was fine. So I think that contributed. Plus he's a water baby by nature and wanted more pool time ;-)

I can't believe it. I'm going to both the MNSSP and MHP this year.:cheer2: I will have some costume designs up for my costumes for this year by this weekend if not sooner.

I am so in the mood for Halloween! We have an upcoming trip for Spring Break and then I get to plan 2 Halloween trips!!! (one for family and one for work). Can anyone tell me which week in Oct. (most likely a Wednesday or Thursday) could be the least busy? I know it's all guess work but any info is better than nothing. Thanks!!

I am so in the mood for Halloween! We have an upcoming trip for Spring Break and then I get to plan 2 Halloween trips!!! (one for family and one for work). Can anyone tell me which week in Oct. (most likely a Wednesday or Thursday) could be the least busy? I know it's all guess work but any info is better than nothing. Thanks!!

Your best bet is Wednesday for lower crowds. However, the closer you get to Halloween, the busier it's going to get

I got a "what would you do?" question.

We are driving down most the way on Thrusday October 10 and staying at a motel about an hour or so away. On the morning of the 11th we check into the DLH (our first time). We check out on Tuesday the 15th. We are doing the Halloween party (if things are like last year) on the 11th. So are options are:

1) play at the the hotel/pool until it's time to get ready for the party, and get a three day park hopper for the 12th, 13th, and 14th.

2) get a four day hopper, play at the parks on the 11th, change for the party that night.

3) do play 1, but get a four day hopper and get in some more park time on the 15th before going home.

I'm thinking a mix of 1 and 3. I don't know what time DH wants to head for home. So, start with plan 1 and if DH says we have time to play add the fourth day. Having never stayed at any of the DL resorts, I want to enjoy them and get our moneys worth. So we may play at the hotel the morning of the 11th and the 15th. Maybe do Goofy's kitchen in the morning of the 15th has a "last hurrah".

I got a "what would you do?" question.

We are driving down most the way on Thrusday October 10 and staying at a motel about an hour or so away. On the morning of the 11th we check into the DLH (our first time). We check out on Tuesday the 15th. We are doing the Halloween party (if things are like last year) on the 11th. So are options are:

1) play at the the hotel/pool until it's time to get ready for the party, and get a three day park hopper for the 12th, 13th, and 14th.

2) get a four day hopper, play at the parks on the 11th, change for the party that night.

3) do play 1, but get a four day hopper and get in some more park time on the 15th before going home.

3 would be my favorite--the cost to add a 4th day is small compared to the cost of days 1-3. But if you need to leave early on the 15th then that's no good.

I would keep an eye on ticket prices--it's possible (likely, even) that they'll go up between now and October. Depending on how much they go up, you may have substantial savings if you buy 4 days before the increase, than if you buy 3 days and then pay (full price as of October) to upgrade to 4 days. (This is assuming you have the budget to buy your tickets in advance, of course. I think tickets sometimes go up in June.)

Hi everyone! It's been a manic few days here as I'm dying, just dying to visit Disney and have been pricing up additional trips to WDW and DLRP but who am I kidding? I'm lucky to be going to LA and Disneyland in 6 months as it is :goodvibes!

I've been looking at flights and realised it's best I get them now so I've been trying to pick my dates and my Disneyland dates and I had a thought.

I will be visiting Disneyland for Halloween Time but I wonder when the Christmas decorations go up at Disneyland? I'll be in LA around 5 weeks give or take and although I'll be visiting DL around say, Mon. Oct 7 or perhaps begin on tuesday instead for 3 days I'll still have 2 more days on my hopper.

I plan to use the remaining 2 days around the 20th Oct. sometime or perhaps I'll visit on a weekend depending on fireworks even thought crowds will go up. Also important is how long a 5 day hopper is actually good for.

However if the Christmas decorations go up then maybe, just maybe I'll splurge for a seperate ticket, 6th day of that too :goodvibes! I was so upset when they got rid of the longer hoppers that I swore I would never do that but, ugh, I just might since I may not be back until 2015.

I'm thinking also of getting the shuttle to LAX from the Candy Cane if I do that, that would be so much easier for my friends and would spare the big goodbye at the airport! However now I'm wondering if the big Disneyland shuttle would pick up there? It's so easy with the Magical Express at WDW.

Hi everyone! It's been a manic few days here as I'm dying, just dying to visit Disney and have been pricing up additional trips to WDW and DLRP but who am I kidding? I'm lucky to be going to LA and Disneyland in 6 months as it is :goodvibes!

I've been looking at flights and realised it's best I get them now so I've been trying to pick my dates and my Disneyland dates and I had a thought.

I will be visiting Disneyland for Halloween Time but I wonder when the Christmas decorations go up at Disneyland? I'll be in LA around 5 weeks give or take and although I'll be visiting DL around say, Mon. Oct 7 or perhaps begin on tuesday instead for 3 days I'll still have 2 more days on my hopper.

I plan to use the remaining 2 days around the 20th Oct. sometime or perhaps I'll visit on a weekend depending on fireworks even thought crowds will go up. Also important is how long a 5 day hopper is actually good for.

However if the Christmas decorations go up then maybe, just maybe I'll splurge for a seperate ticket, 6th day of that too :goodvibes! I was so upset when they got rid of the longer hoppers that I swore I would never do that but, ugh, I just might since I may not be back until 2015.

I'm thinking also of getting the shuttle to LAX from the Candy Cane if I do that, that would be so much easier for my friends and would spare the big goodbye at the airport! However now I'm wondering if the big Disneyland shuttle would pick up there? It's so easy with the Magical Express at WDW.

Hi, Kristina!

I saw your question about when the Christmas decorations go up and had to jump in. Feel free to join us in the Christmas Superthread too (it's the new thread, as we hit the page limit of the old one): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035529. The first 8 or 9 posts on Page 1 of the thread cover a wide array of holiday information, and so far the new thread is only at 10 pages - so it is not too long to skim through!

Let me first explain this, because I think a lot of folks get confused about what happens when and they don't realize they could miss certain things - even when the decorations are up -- there's a difference between when the decorations start to go up and when the season officially begins. And even when the season officially begins, some things are not in effect yet.

This is how it should work (and keep in mind, Disney could always switch things up on us but I am going by previous holiday seasons when giving information):

1. Sometime in late October the fake snow will appear on the Castle, but the Castle will not be lit up in its "Winter Enchantment" icicle lights until the season officially starts. Also in late October you should see the decorations go up in New Orleans Square (all of the Mardi Gras Masks and other things). I think that the A Bug's Land decorations might go up a little early too. You could also see the beginnings of the Toon Town decorations going up;

2. It's a Small World Holiday will close down in mid-to-late October to get the holiday overlay;

3. You will begin to see holiday merchandise and even some holiday food items appear even before Halloween rolls around;

4. As soon as October 31st passes and Halloween Time ends, the more thorough holiday decorations will begin to appear, little by little, every day around both parks. More Christmas trees will appear. The windows will get holiday displays. That sort of thing;

5. A few days before the official start date of the holiday season, IASW Holiday should open;

6. On the official start date of the holiday season - which, this year, should be somewhere in the week between Friday, November 8th and Friday, November 15th - the Winter Castle will light up in icicle lights at night; snow will fall on Main Street (assuming the snow is not held hostage to a party this year); the holiday tour will begin; the holiday parade and holiday fireworks will begin (again, assuming there is not a party this year), and the Jingle Jangle Jamboree will be in full swing. Santa will be at both the JJJ and at the Elias department store on Buena Vista Street. The Buena Vista Street Bell Ringers will be jingling out some tunes. Cars Land will be playing holiday songs; all of the BVS and Cars Land gingerbread houses should be in place at the various restaurants; and

7. Right around Thanksgiving weekend the 3 Disney hotels will get their decorations (including gingerbread houses at the GCH restaurants and the gorgeous trees at both the GCH and the PPH) and Downtown Disney will begin playing holiday music.

So, as you can see, you will see decorations at certain times, but the full seasonal offerings may not be available until at least early to mid-November, if not beyond that. At the very least, the two parks will be in full holiday mode by 11/15, I would guess...and possibly before that.

Thank you sherri!
I was hoping you would jump in, and whilst reading your post I just got more and more excited until finally I said to myself ooooh I think I'm going to faint haha :woohoo:!!
While I don't think I can stick around until Nov. 8th and instead was thinking of Mon the 4th, all the changes that will happen before then are more than enough for me :goodvibes! Just the thought of New Orleans Square getting it's decorations not to mention holiday merchandise :santa: and food items, and mabye a tree or two :goodvibes? Well that'll put me over the moon ::yes::! Although I am so very excited for Carsland and Buena Vista Street and the thought of Christmas music playing in Carsland, while I've not been yet it does sound really really magical!!
Thanks for the link to the other thread, I'll give that a peek right now and know that I do believe you've made my day ::yes::! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter