Halloween Wagon Rides at the Fort??

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Hi Everyone:wave2:! I'm just dropping in here on the camping board to ask a Ft. Wilderness question:disrocks:.

My extended family is coming down next October. It will be the first fall trip for the grandparents (who are avid campers up here in Michigan) so I thought a stop at the Fort would be a neat idea. We are coming in on a Saturday and staying for a week at the Boardwalk. The family has 6-day park tickets, meaning that on our arrival day, we are not planning on going to a park.

I was thinking that (depending on our arrival time) it would be a good idea to head over to Ft. Wilderness, eat dinner at Trail's End and then catch the wagon ride at 7pm. Our group consists of 6 adults and 4 girls, ages 4, 8, 11 and 13. Do they still do these every night? I see that it is a first come, first served and no reservations are available. Do they fill up fast? I don't want to get the kids' hopes up and find out that it might not work. I know that the campsites are filled with Halloween decorations and I thought it would be a nice way to start out our trip.

Any input? Thanks!

You can be there 30 minutes early. Usually there are plenty of spots available. If it is the last week of October you are there you might want to get in line earlier. Have fun!

I know that the campsites are filled with Halloween decorations and I thought it would be a nice way to start out our trip.

1) The wagon does not travel past many campsites, as it stays on the main "streets".
2) If you want to see Halloween decorations, you need to go through the campsite "loops".
. . . walk
. . . reserve a golf cart and drive around

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!