Halloween tickets

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Do you buy your Halloween tickets for parties at Disney World and Universal here in the UK before u go or wait until you get there. We are planning 2 Thursday's in September so unlikely to be a sell out but wondered how it compared price wise.

I don't know about the Universal tickets, but for Disney you get an advance purchase discount if you buy at least the day before the event. You can opt to print your tickets yourself, collect them at Will Call or just buy them when you get there if you prefer to do that.

For Disney always booked in advance to get a discount. We considered going again this October but prices have risen too much, not worth nearly $100pp to me but done it about 5 times in the past. Hopefully we will get to SeaWorld Halloween on the day we fly down from New York (2nd Oct)

Just to let you know You get a further discount if you are a DVC member or an AP holder on certain nights. Just in case you have either of those.

Just to let you know You get a further discount if you are a DVC member or an AP holder on certain nights. Just in case you have either of those.
You do, although the AP discount saved us about $5 per adult ticket. :rotfl2:Also there are a lot of blackout dates if you want to apply the AP or DVC discounts.

T

Oh my God the AP discount was seriously underwhelming this year.

I don't think last year was much better. I'm sure we saved about the same amount. We saw that most of October is blacked out for AP Discounts and at first thought how that sucked ... until I pointed out to DH that we would only have to pay an extra $15 or so for all three of us :rotfl:

We plan on doing universal horror night on Thursday September 29th, and will prob just buy on the day. We're visiting universal a few days earlier so may get them then instead, but defo not worth it to us to buy in England before we travel.

UPDATE - I had an email from Universal to say if we had a valid park ticket then we can buy at the upgrade price (I did advise them that we had bought the 2 park bonus tickets here in the UK) - we just go to the desk inside either of the parks and buy for upgrade price of $55 plus tax.

We usually ring them from the UK a couple of months out at least if not longer from the time we will be going to buy tickets. Try to be flexible with your dates to improve your chances of getting the amount you need for the size of your party. The park rides are less crowded than usual since there are limited numbers of tickets available. Riding the rides at night is a wonderful experience too it just looks extra magical in MK with all the Halloween touches and lighting and songs what's not to love?! It can be very warm still then so just keep that in mind. Enjoy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter