1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Halloween Potluck Breakfast ideas...crock pot?

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by Cinerbelle, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Cinerbelle

Cinerbelle Mouseketeer

I need potluck breakfast ideas. I love to use my crock pot, but the recipes I am finding online aren't very exciting. Anyone have any great ideas?

2. MazdaUK

MazdaUK <font color=green>Curse this time difference!<br><

crockpot lady had a breakfast casserole recipe which looked good:thumbsup2

3. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

Usually when I need to take something to a potluck breakfast I make a coffee cake - but do it in cupcake tins. The individual serving size makes it really nice & the recipe I have is really good! ;) I often double the topping for the cupcakes though.

Clyde’s Coffee Cake

2 c flour
    1½ c sugar
    ¼ tsp salt
    ¼ lb butter, melted
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 egg
    ½ c warm water
    1 tsp vanilla

Combine flour, sugar, salt & butter. Reserve 1 cup for crumbs. Add baking powder, egg, water & vanilla. Mix only until moist. Pour in greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Double recipe to make 3 dozen cupcakes.

- - - - -
    I saw this casserole idea online, but have never tried it. However, it's very similar to the overnight oven casserole I make so I assume it will taste great too!

Crockpot Morning Casserole

1 bag (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
    1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained or 1 lb. cooked ham, cubed**
    1 medium diced onion**
    1 green bell pepper diced**
    1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
    1 dozen eggs
    1 C. milk
    1 t. salt
    1 t. pepper (more or less to taste)

Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese. Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese. Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours.

**[NOTE: My oven recipe doesn't call for onions & peppers and uses Maple Sausage instead of bacon or ham. I think any variation would be good though - as long as the sausage was pre-cooked.]

- - - -
    I also think that the Pumpkin Job recipe from the Crock Pot Crazy thread would be a great addition to a fall potluck. :thumbsup2

Pumpkin Job

16 oz pumpkin (15oz can works fine too)
    2½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 tsp vanilla
    1 can evaporated milk
    ¾ c sugar
    ½ c Jiffy mix (or Bisquick)
    2 Tbl margarine
    2 eggs
    2 apples, peeled & sliced (opt)

Spray crockery with non-stick spray. Beat ingredients together (all but apples) until smooth with a hand mixer. Fold in apples if using. Pour into crockery. Cook on Low 6-8 hours, High 3-4 hours. Top with cool whip or ice cream. Serves 6