Halloween on the Magic 2013

What is everyone going to dress up like?

A few ideas are being thrown around for costumes in our house. Well at the moment Brave is a HUGE favorite in our house so my niece wants to dress as Merida and wants me to dress as queen Elinor. But shes 4 so changes her mind like the weather lol Before that she wanted to be Buzz, Maylee to be Jessie, Kate to be Bo Peep and me to be Woody. So were still planning costumes.

Can't wait to hear what everybody else is thinking :) x

All the info was interesting, but I really meant, what are the benefits of being a TA.

Ahhhh, there are lots actually. The biggest (and best ones) are the travel agent appreciation program. You need to be actively booking, and complete the Disney Knowledge Online courses.

I get discounted park tickets for myself, and depending on dates can get a huge discount on WDW resort rooms. BUT the best is TA appreciation cruise prices. You need to be able to be flexible, and travel on short notice, but the best I have ever gotten was an e-mail in mid Nov. offering $25 a night per person in the stateroom (and I had to be in it) for a 4 night cruise the week after thanksgiving.

The closer the cruise gets the more nervous I get LOL Is anybody doing brunch or dinner at Palo? I'm hoping we can get a reservation once they are open for booking for brunch I've seen pictures and it looks fabulous :)

Also I'm wondering does anybody know if Disney makes an exception and allows you to bring food aboard for special requirements? I know they will try and meet your needs with the food aboard the ship but my aunt is thinking of booking on this cruise and her son has an eating disorder that has to do with types of food.
He requires certain types of food (for example hes brand specific for ketchup. You can give him any ketchup and assure him its the brand but once he tastes it leads to a major melt down when he gets extremely distressed and shuts down that ends in him throwing up or fainting) I know it sounds like picky eating, that's what I thought too until he was diagnosed but it really is a serious problem. She would like to bring a few food things aboard like ketchup, butter, cookies just things hes brand specific with. Does anybody know if this is possible? x

The closer the cruise gets the more nervous I get LOL Is anybody doing brunch or dinner at Palo? I'm hoping we can get a reservation once they are open for booking for brunch I've seen pictures and it looks fabulous :)

Also I'm wondering does anybody know if Disney makes an exception and allows you to bring food aboard for special requirements? I know they will try and meet your needs with the food aboard the ship but my aunt is thinking of booking on this cruise and her son has an eating disorder that has to do with types of food.
He requires certain types of food (for example hes brand specific for ketchup. You can give him any ketchup and assure him its the brand but once he tastes it leads to a major melt down when he gets extremely distressed and shuts down that ends in him throwing up or fainting) I know it sounds like picky eating, that's what I thought too until he was diagnosed but it really is a serious problem. She would like to bring a few food things aboard like ketchup, butter, cookies just things hes brand specific with. Does anybody know if this is possible? x

We are going to be doing the Palo Brunch :) Love it! Either brunch or dinner, you can't go wrong - Palo is amazing experience!

And just give Disney a call or your TA that you booked with they will make a note on your reservation about special requests and explain the situation and they will be able to tell you more. But from past experience I believe she can take anything on that she can put in her carry on to explain should she need to, and they will be fine.

We are going to be doing the Palo Brunch :) Love it! Either brunch or dinner, you can't go wrong - Palo is amazing experience!

And just give Disney a call or your TA that you booked with they will make a note on your reservation about special requests and explain the situation and they will be able to tell you more. But from past experience I believe she can take anything on that she can put in her carry on to explain should she need to, and they will be fine.

LOL I think they're gonna kick me off the cruise I've contacted them about so many questions. But they have been more than helpful :)

What excursions is everybody booking? I think were only going to do the stingray at CC and book our Cozumel excursions ourselves but have really been reading mixed reviews about the place we were going to book in Cozumel Nachi Coom. Does anybody have any suggestions for excursions in Cozumel (we have two 5 year olds with us) x

This is our first platinum cruise (well, my husband's first platinum, my last gold cruise)...we'll be doing either brunch or dinner at Palo--both are wonderful!

You are allowed to bring on food that is prepackaged (no fruits) and that does not need to be heated. I'm guessing, it would be okay to bring some ketchup packets on board, and cookies are fine--the packages cannot be opened.

Not sure what excursions we're going to do yet.

My husband fell in love with fishing at Castaway in April, so he had to do it in May. I have a feeling that he will want to do it again.

For the folks wondering what kind of Halloween activities occur, DW & I sailed on the Wonder over Halloween a few years back. Here's a few things they did:

- Costume contest for adults and for kids. Be aware that some adult costumes toed the line of decency, depending on your view of such things (think piratesses and wenches).
- Trick or treat for the kids - it was just a couple tables set up outside different venues.
- Characters in costumes.
- Carved pumpkins in the dining rooms.

For the folks wondering what kind of Halloween activities occur, DW & I sailed on the Wonder over Halloween a few years back. Here's a few things they did:

- Costume contest for adults and for kids. Be aware that some adult costumes toed the line of decency, depending on your view of such things (think piratesses and wenches).
- Trick or treat for the kids - it was just a couple tables set up outside different venues.
- Characters in costumes.
- Carved pumpkins in the dining rooms.

That sounds awesome! I really can't wait :)

Well in looking for excursions we decided to go a totally different route for Cozumel. Instead of doing an excursion we are going to visit a Children's Home Ciudad de Angeles ( http://ciudaddeangeles.org/ ) on the island and use the money we would have spent on the excursion to buy supplies that the home are in most need of. If anybody else would like to bring donations/come with us they would be more than welcome :) x

Starlight,

I want to do this with you.

I almost cried when I read you were doing this!

HOW AWESOME!!!!

Starlightprincess that sounds awesome! I wish I had of know before I'd looked at excursions and discussed them with my brother. He's set on doing the Cozumel Highlights and Mayan Ruins but I'd love to donate some money towards supplies for them!

I need to find something owned by hilton (hampton inn, garden inn, embassy suites, doubletree or homewood suites). I am travel enough for work that I hit their top loyalty tier.... but as I tell my wife the only way to keep the same level is to keep staying there. Not sure which one we will be at yet. Probably should start looking.

Booked our airfare this week! Got a 'cheap' price for coming in from Alaska. Now to just pay it off and get ready to book excursions and what not.

Just booked the hotel for the night before!! Miami Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. :cool1:

We always fly Alaska air when we can. The only direct flight Alaska had to FLL was a Redeye. We booked it and were oing to arrive the morning of the cruise. Alaska sent me an email today saying to contact them. When I called thy said the Redeye had been changed to a day flight. That's the bad news the good news is they gave us a $400 credit for the trouble.

We always fly Alaska air when we can. The only direct flight Alaska had to FLL was a Redeye. We booked it and were oing to arrive the morning of the cruise. Alaska sent me an email today saying to contact them. When I called thy said the Redeye had been changed to a day flight. That's the bad news the good news is they gave us a $400 credit for the trouble.

Hello fellow west coast travelers!! We're flying on Delta, as they were the only airline (of our three preferred) that had flights that worked for our schedule (they were also the cheapest). We generally fly Alaska when we can, especially because we get free checked bags on them because we live in AK. We're also flying into MCO for a few days at WDW before hand. So sorry to hear about the snag in flights for you guys! I hope you get everything worked out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter