Halloween: Can you dress up???

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by HairbowGirl09, Sep 11, 2012.

1. HairbowGirl09

HairbowGirl09 Disney Pro Extraordinaire

A couple of my friends and I are going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and we were wondering if people are allowed to dress up in costumes for that or not?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Orreed

Orreed Olivia

Yes you can!:thumbsup2Many people do. Have fun!

4. LunarDistortion

LunarDistortion Earning My Ears

Yes you can! It's even encouraged!

5. MomofKatie

MomofKatie Dairy World? Fairy World! OH, DARN IT!!

Yes- there are a few rules, though. No masks, no realistic-looking weapons, no costumes that impede movement (trailing fabric, oversized costumes, etc- basically, if you can't get on and off rides, it's not gonna fly). And if you are wearing a really great looking, very detailed Disney character costume, don't impersonate the character and lead other guests to believe you are a CM. Disney frowns on that.

6. Eleblanc

Eleblanc Mouseketeer

There have even been stories of people that have costumes that are too realistic or close to the disney character being asked to remove them. Basically, if they think you might be mistaken as one of their official people then they will ask to to remove it.

Have seen some really sad stories where adults have spent a lot of time and effort to create an awesome costume, but they end up being just too good.

7. Fantasmiss

Fantasmiss DIS Veteran

Yes, but as far as I've ever read, neither of those incidens were during special evening parties, like the Halloween one. Adults are only allowed to dress up like Disney characters during those events, not on regular park days/evenings.

8. funkdot

funkdot Earning My Ears

Masks are allowed, they just cannot impair vision.