Halloween at DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to either. Phooey. At this rate, things will show up on the calendar before they come out and say anyhting. Maybe that's what they are waiting for. But it sucks when you want to make PS 60 days out and can't because you don't have the information. Especially since based on the information we have right now there may not even be any WOC. But I really don't see that actually happening, even if it's not announced for another month.

I was a little shocked when I first heard someone say there might not be WOC after the summer was over. It makes me a little sad that it might not be there. But at the same time, it will be a little easier on my wallet and also give us more time to do other things in DCA that night. Assuming that the rides will be open if WOC isn't on.

:rotfl: That's the only reason no WOC would mean a big sigh of relief for me, lol. If I don't get to see it I've decided not to sweat it, but not if I don't get to see it because they are being lame with announcing it's times and all that.

Haha, yeah if they say there is going to be no WOC and there isn't, then fine. A little disappointing, but I'll get over it. But if they say no WOC then all of a sudden there is a new schedule and there IS WOC, I will be pretty upset if I can't see it. We are planning on seeing it our first night since that is a MHP night over at DL. If we don't see WOC and it's playing, what else are we supposed to do since a lot of the rides shut down for the show? :confused3 I guess a back up plan could be DTD, but still!

I get to start making my PSs on the 6th... I know the whole schedule probably won't be out yet... but I need some info! If no WOC, then fine, will make it easier then if both F! and WOC are on Saturday night only... cause I might have to choose F! over WOC because dd loves F! so much... I am holding out hope that since MHP is on Friday, that they'll do F! Thursday, Saturday and Sunday... and maybe WOC Fri, Sat, and Sun. So I could do F! on Thursday and WOC on Saturday.

Let's face it, we're a bunch of over planners. I also find it a royal pain that DL is not releasing the remainder of the Holloween Time Info. Ditto on WOC, F! and the entertainment schedule for Oct. What's an over planner to do?? I've got air, hotel, transportation, MHP ticket all booked, and am waiting to find out WOC is on so I can book a picnic, if it's on while I'm down at the mouse. So here's hoping that they get off their butts and release some info, so then can let us over planners do what we do best...PLAN!

Time for some boogie!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::wizard::wizard::woohoo::woohoo:

Let's face it, we're a bunch of over planners. I also find it a royal pain that DL is not releasing the remainder of the Holloween Time Info. Ditto on WOC, F! and the entertainment schedule for Oct. What's an over planner to do?? I've got air, hotel, transportation, MHP ticket all booked, and am waiting to find out WOC is on so I can book a picnic, if it's on while I'm down at the mouse. So here's hoping that they get off their butts and release some info, so then can let us over planners do what we do best...PLAN!

Time for some boogie!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::wizard::wizard::woohoo::woohoo:

I'm still pondering the thought I had yesterday - that, perhaps, because the Parks Blog and other facets of Disney (including D23) have been doing extra coverage and articles on the 55th anniversary this month, the Halloween 'coverage' has been temporarily put on the back-burner. It was definitely at this time last year when D23 released that whole press release thingy. So I'm inclined to think that if they weren't focused on 55th anniversary stuff right now, we might get more HalloweenTime scoop.

I don't really have anything to plan. I have our hotel and park tickets booked. We're driving (over 1500 miles each way!) so no plane tickets. We don't do ADRs. We may or may not go to WoC on October 1st if it's showing (we'll decide the night before if we want get a FP for it that morning.)

We pretty much know which days we're going to the parks and which days we're visiting family.

But I still want to know some more info about what to expect over HalloweenTime! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Sherry, I bet you are right. Information isn't just released for people like us, it's also for publicity purposes. So, they could be holding off until the birthday coverage slows down...

Sherry, I bet you are right. Information isn't just released for people like us, it's also for publicity purposes. So, they could be holding off until the birthday coverage slows down...

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. The birthday this year is not a typical birthday, and they don't normally focus so much on it every year. This being a special one, all the outlets that would normally be providing the Halloween info for publicity are doing their pieces on the birthday. Then maybe when that's passed or they have done enough coverage, we will get the Halloween rundown.

I'm getting ready to make my first PS! I really wanted to know about WOC before I officially made my first phone call, especially if the dining packages start back up again. I don't want to miss out if I am late on the draw. But I've decided WOC will be on the back burner for me. If it happens, it happens. If not, no harm.

BUT, if I do see it, I didn't want more than one PS per day. As it stands this is what I think I'm doing:

- Thursday 9/23: lunch at BB (hopefully 11:30)
- Friday 9/24: breakfast at GK (hopefully 7)
- Sunday 9/26: Fantasmic! dessert seating

If WOC does get announced before I make the PS for BB/GK then I may switch somet stuff around. But we'll see. And I can't call for Fantasmic! until 30 days, right?

Oh, question!! I know there is a Halloween tour, correct? But does WIWF tour still happen at that time? If I don't do WOC I think I might like to do a tour, but I'm not sure if the Halloween tour will really suit me.

Sherry, I think you're right about the 55th Birthday blitz in DL is why they are dragging their heels on further info about Holloween. The only thing I've really got left to do is pack, buy an Premium AP just before I go, get DH a bottle of rum (for taking care of the kids...he's going to need it!), and I'm done. I'm thinking about going to see WOC or F! if they are on, but won't make that decision till closer to my departure date. I don't think that WOC or F! is something that the rest of the family would be interested in seeing, so that's why I'm thinking about seeing it if they are on while I'm down there.

And I can't call for Fantasmic! until 30 days, right?

Correct. I'm still trying to decide if we want to do this. I don't have any problems waiting for a spot, but I sure wouldn't mind having a chair lol.

As for my planning... I made our PS for BB at 11:30 on our anniversary Sept 16th. Still trying to decide where we will eat dinner. Need to make our other PS soon. Probably after I get done typing this lol. We'd like to do a picnic meal for WoC, because we just don't think the full meals are worth the money, especially if the show gets cancelled. I really really just want HalloweenTime info, because it's exciting and I want to know what to look forward to.

Correct. I'm still trying to decide if we want to do this. I don't have any problems waiting for a spot, but I sure wouldn't mind having a chair lol.

As for my planning... I made our PS for BB at 11:30 on our anniversary Sept 16th. Still trying to decide where we will eat dinner. Need to make our other PS soon. Probably after I get done typing this lol. We'd like to do a picnic meal for WoC, because we just don't think the full meals are worth the money, especially if the show gets cancelled. I really really just want HalloweenTime info, because it's exciting and I want to know what to look forward to.

Normally I wouldn't mind waiting for WOC either. But I think I want to splurge on the experience this time, and since I'll probably be going solo I don't want to wait as long as I normally would on the ROA.

I don't think we'll be there for any Fantasmic showings but out of curiousity, how much does that cost? What kind of dessert is it? A while back I saw pictures from the Wishes dessert thing at WDW and it looked awesome! I'm wondering if it's like that at all.

I found this photo from a DIS'er post but it's from last November. I forget how much it costs though.

I have a picture from November, but I think the contents changed since then:

fantasmic.jpg

You can get several drinks and are not limited to one. I got a hot chocolate (delicious), a coke and they also gave us bottled water. They do offer tea, coffee, hot chocolate and several choices of soft drinks.

The cast members do make rounds to check on people.

Normally I wouldn't mind waiting for WOC either. But I think I want to splurge on the experience this time, and since I'll probably be going solo I don't want to wait as long as I normally would on the ROA.

I would never have a problem waiting for any nighttime shows and save a spot for my party while they do other things around the park. I'm the scapegoat of my party everytime I go to any nighttime shows at the Disney parks. I have waited by the sitting area right next to the ROA solo and I had to wait 3 hours until my party came back until 30 minutes till the show. It is very long and very painful by myself to wait that long and have to go to the bathroom during that time. But I like to wait at the area and read my iPad and watch videos of nighttime shows while I am waiting. But it is possible for a solo person to wait that long. For me, I would always wait solo by myself while the members of my party are doing the rides or getting food.

I found this photo from a DIS'er post but it's from last November. I forget how much it costs though.

Here is my picture of my F! dessert box since last June.
DSC_0015.JPG

I have done the F! dessert package and it is a good experience to try out. The price for the F! dessert package is $59 for adults (10+) and $49 for kids (3-9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter