Halloween advice

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
I've been invited to a Halloween Fancy Dress party later this month :)

As I'm, normally, pretty unsociable I thought it was time to make an effort and dress up but I don't have a clue where to start :confused3 ;)

I also need to take something to eat that I can prepare beforehand and then transport without disastrous consequences :upsidedow

Any ideas would be much appreciated :confused:

I've looked at ready made costumes but they seem to be either size 10-14 or 16-22.......................as I'm a 14-18 (depending on which bit we're looking at :rotfl: ) I reckon I'll either be swamped or unable to breathe..............:eek:

It's so tempting, at this point, to decide not to bother going but I'm pretty much determined to be there :woohoo:

Thanks in advance :flower3:

Alison, Can you bake? If so I would suggest a plate of very simple shaped cookies, you can get Halloween Cookie cutters quite cheaply then just decorate them with a bit of coloured icing. Or how about some cupcakes in halloween cups. Again just use red icing or something to decorate.

As far as costumes go what do you want to go as? We have some adult costumes in the shop and to be honest they are quite generous in their sizing. PM me if you think I can help you with any advice on costumes.

Gems

Thanks for that Gems :thumbsup2

Problem is I haven't been out anywhere, due to DH not being well, for absolutely ages so don't know where to start :confused3

I found this recipe for 'Eerie Eyeballs' http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/food/2003/10/halloween_recipe_01.shtml which looks quite easy.

Costume wise I'm not too sure.
Guess I don't want to go as something too 'dorky' but, at the same time, don't want to look as though I'm 'out on the pull'............................. :rotfl:

Possibly a witch?
Predictable, certainly, but had thought about Esmerelda......................:flower3:

Oh wow your going to a halloween party. I am having a halloween party this year. I am going as a Fallen Angel. I love my black wings and halo looks great. Basically I am just modifying my black dress for the occassion.

When I was looking before I was thinking of Morticia from Adams Family. You can pull this off with a long black dress and black wig with the makeup. If you have a black dress you could make some long medieviel sleeves attatch it to it. If you have a black top you could add the sleeves and make a long skirt and attatch that as well. Even if it doesnt look 100% perfect its the effort you have made.

Dead bride if you have any white dresses. You could add netting to it and add net to your wig.

Excellent one that my friend dressed up as last year was Cruella DeVile. You can hire the costume and everyone loved her costume. Good thing about hiring costumes they are more generous on sizes.

Go to the party you will have fun. I would definately go to fancy dress hire shop just to try on some outfits. You will soon find out what you want to be if you dont fancy making one.

For the most comfortable option where something of your own that you can add accessories to like wigs/hats/capes/wings etc

For the most comfortable option where something of your own that you can add accessories to like wigs/hats/capes/wings etc

That sounds like a good idea

If I was having to take some food with me, then I'd bake a lot of fairy cakes, cover them in orange icing and then top them with sweets, especially bug shaped ones, spiders etc - as there are lots of Halloween type sweets around at the moment

Have fun

Mandy :)

I think I might go with the fairy cake idea but cheat and buy ready made ones :rolleyes1
I was in Sainsbury's earlier and they had loads of Halloween goodies :thumbsup2

Regarding my costume.......I have a couple of long black dresses that would have done for Morticia, in days gone by, but my wine intake has played havoc with my waist measurement :rotfl:

The idea of trying things on in a fancy dress shop is a good one :thumbsup2
I've just done a Google search and found a couple close by.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions :flower3:

You will have a great time especially when you have decided what you are going to dress up as. It will be fun.

hope that you have fun at your party and that you find yourself a good outfit.
If you do will you be posting a photo?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter