Half Off Theme park tickets,,,

To what email address can we report this to Disney? These guys are disgusting!

I just went to the Disneyland website and clicked on the Help Center button at the top right corner. It gives you the option of emailing or calling. I posted my email under the "other" option as I felt it didn't match any of their other subject options. Thank you for emailing Disney!!!

They blatantly stated under their park hopper promotion that you are renting the tickets in order to get the discount...it wasn't that hard to find. It is sad people patronize places like this just to save a buck.
My evil side would get some pleasure watching people get turned away though...is that wrong?

Yeah, its not like they are trying to hide what they are doing. I only laugh that they take down the comments/truths that we have been posting and any legitimate business that has nothing to hide would leave them up and refute them with evidence of their right to do what they are doing.

I feel sad for people who get caught up in this thinking its a great way to save money and while on the surface it is, it is still against Disney policy and you run the risk of being turned away at the gate with no tickets to get in. Can you imagine explaining that one to your kids? :(

No its not wrong.I would be right there with you :rotfl2: so long as it was the only the people who knew exactly what they were getting into - that they were trying to get around the system. I wouldn't laugh at the innocent people who didn't realize what was going on and just though they scored a great deal.

Why did this get moved to the community boards? I am a little confused...I thought it was in the right place since the 5 day /6 day thread is on the other board. (not trying to be obstinate...I really don't understand...

Thanks!!!

The other thread has been left on the other board because it deals with people who are expecting to get 5+ day hoppers, and cannot. It's left there because there are a few DISers who come from out of town who might want to get hoppers for extra days, and that thread alerts them that that is no longer an option.

This particular thread deals with a site that might be scamming. We typically lock/delete these threads because we don't discuss scamming on the DIS; however, the posters are trying to do a good thing, so the thread has been moved over to the CB.

Does this affect AP holders in any way? Getting into the parks, showing ID, etc.

To answer this question, no, this does not affect AP holders. Your picture is encoded on your AP, either by using the picture you had on your last AP or your getting your picture taken by a PP photographer and scanned in with the correct code. The picture then is displayed on the terminal at the gate. As an APer you are not required to show ID at the gate (you ARE required to show ID at any food or merch location to get your AP discount, since those terminals to not display the picture). You also do not have to have a hand stamp. The only time you may be asked for an ID is if you're using your AP for the first time or you haven't gotten your PP taken yet.

We had some trouble with DS's AP pic through PP. We actually had it done twice but it was never entered into the system. The third time we tried to enter thinking the picture had been taken, his pass was blocked. He is 3 years old and I was required to show my ID (same last name) and explained that we'd had the PP picture taken but it hadn't worked. They let us through but insisted that we get his PP picture on his pass that day. We did, and it's worked since then.

I apologize Mary Jo, about my involvement with this thread. I did not realize that posting the website and talking about scamming was against the DIS rules. I just didn't want anyone to be taken in by the scam and I know a lot of people check here on the DIS for the best ways to buy tickets. I have many friends, including the one who claimed the offer and sparked my interest in this, who don't really know Disney policy and who are naive enough to fall for something like this. I just don't want to see that happen to innocent people and their kids.

Again, my apologies. :(

I haven't read the whole thread so i'm sorry if someone already brought this up however I did notice someone ask when DL was going to the finger scanner thing like they have at WDW. Well I'm a WDW vet, go there all the time, and they have the finger scanner thing. However regardless there are booths everyplace around Orlando selling "discount WDW tickets" that you have to "return" after you use them, (rented tickets) and these places will buy your unused tickets if you have days left to resell. Both of course are against WDW policy. I don't understand how a person can use someone else's ticket and have it WORK considering they HAVE the finger scanners at all the parks. Makes me think there finger scanners simply don't work and are there for show, how else could these businesses exist? Also ... how come WDW dosen't get these ticket "renters" put out of business and/or arrested? They sell right out in the open, they don't hide anything, and are at the same locations year round? If people can't use the tickets they "rent" why do they exist? Very confusing!

I apologize Mary Jo, about my involvement with this thread. I did not realize that posting the website and talking about scamming was against the DIS rules. I just didn't want anyone to be taken in by the scam and I know a lot of people check here on the DIS for the best ways to buy tickets. I have many friends, including the one who claimed the offer and sparked my interest in this, who don't really know Disney policy and who are naive enough to fall for something like this. I just don't want to see that happen to innocent people and their kids.

Again, my apologies. :(

No apologies needed, really. I just deleted the link so that people who do want to cheat the system can't get to it from this site. You're okay. :)

I haven't read the whole thread so i'm sorry if someone already brought this up however I did notice someone ask when DL was going to the finger scanner thing like they have at WDW.

I have heard the biometric (fingerprint) scanners are not very accurate. It's more of a psychological deterrence.

I know I posted about the biometric scanner on the other thread concerning the 6 day PHs and wondered when DLR would catch up to WDW. I'm not sure if someone else posted the same thing about it on this thread.

Well if they don't work at WDW, I wonder what is the solution? Is it a matter of not having the best scanning equipment? I know that every time I have had my prints scanned for the DOJ or FBI (I'm a teacher, not a criminal, I swear!), the lovely little pictures of my prints are unmistakable (have had one finger scanned multiple times cause it wasn't clear enough originally).

Does Disney need to invest in some better machines and programs?

Or does the solution lie with photos being attached to every pass longer than 2 days? I can only imagine what a pain that would be having everyone upload photos or finding a photopass photographer to take their pictures. I know when I got my AP, the photographer who took my photo had about 20 people in line for her to take the AP photos.

Maybe this is the real reason Disney hasn't done anything, not money or a time constraint - neither photos on passes nor the biometric scanner from WDW works.

Anyone have any ideas they can pass along to Disney?:confused3

I think signing the ticket could be better than the finger scanner, and you'd need a dated or color coded hand stamp for same day re-enrty. (A parent could sign for a child) It's old school, FASTER (a lot of time is wasted trying to get fingers to scan correctly at WDW) and I think more fool proof. Oh ... and dirt cheap. All it would cost Disney is for stamp ink and replacement stamps when they wear out. A signed ticket would surely put the "ticket renters" out of business quick!

Printing names on tickets and asking everyone for ID every time. Put up signs that say "have your ID ready" and so on. The names can be printed by computer at the time the ticket is printed. Would this solve the problem 100%? No, of course not. There would still be fraud. But it's a lot harder to get away with if every ticket has a name and every person has to present an ID.

I replied however realized a reason my reply wouldn't work. Unfortunately I don't think the forum lets you simply delete and reply so ... never mind! ;-)

Actually you'll see that I realized the flaw in my logic and removed the post. Guess you caught the post and replied to it before i could remove it. You're right, if the price were the same everyday then my original logic would hold but it gets cheaper the more days you buy so my original logic doesn't work. Sorry you caught the post before i could remove it.

Ah, nothing worse than cross-posting in the middle of the night! ;) I edited mine.

Ah, nothing worse than cross-posting in the middle of the night! ;) I edited mine.

I appreciate that! I don't mind posting something a little controversial if I think I'm right but I hate posting something wrong and just looking like a jerk! Thanks for editing your post, I edited my other reply to remove my 'brain dead" post entirely! :thumbsup2

Printing names on tickets and asking everyone for ID every time. Put up signs that say "have your ID ready" and so on. The names can be printed by computer at the time the ticket is printed. Would this solve the problem 100%? No, of course not. There would still be fraud. But it's a lot harder to get away with if every ticket has a name and every person has to present an ID.

I think it would be great if Disney printed on the ticket as well as sign. I read on one of the scam sites that the company has people sign with erasable ink or something so they can remove the name for the next person. It would be nice if they could print your pic on the ticket as well. I remember when I went to WDW about 20 years ago, we had to get our picture taken for 5 day hoppers. They weren't the best quality, but they were good enough to identify someone.

I appreciate that! I don't mind posting something a little controversial if I think I'm right but I hate posting something wrong and just looking like a jerk! Thanks for editing your post, I edited my other reply to remove my 'brain dead" post entirely! :thumbsup2

Totally been there myself :thumbsup2.

I've had a reply from Disney to my email I sent them regarding this company. Whilst it was a very generic 'thank you for your information' they did say they will pass all information onto the relevant leadership team.

Hopefully these people get busted and shut down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter