Half Marathon - Train with me for Jan '11 - ...Shock - an update! 4/06! new pix

Picture is around 5 - so we can all get back to our resorts for an early sleep!!

Cape May Saturday Night it is!! In '08 it was full with Half Medals!! :thumbsup2

My plan is Saturday start practicing making adr;s online - then at 2am, till 6am try and make adr's - and then call to make sure they havent done a "soft opening" towards the 180 -

I think 5pm is a good time for dinner - does that sound ok?

So...who are you actually walking with during the race? Anyone? We should meet up that morning? (How do you even meet people when you don't have a phone? Do people carry their phones?)

Cape May sounds great! I was wanting to do this one for this trip, so it works great. I'll keep watch if you want me to make an ADR also for it. 5:00 sounds great also.

I am comtemplating taking my phone, but I don't want to wear any kind of pouch. Perhaps we could say like the southeast corner of the corral?

Saturday - 5:00

and I did carry a pouch with my camera and my phone in '08 and I wont do that again!!

Its easier than you think to meet up after you get the medal, you go thru a tent to pick up your bag that you check (I highly reccomend putting in a washcloth, shoes, your phone can - but most people dont - go in here - I'm thinking about wrapping it in a disguise - :confused3 just not sure!

but after you get out of that tent - you are in the "staging area" where you can meet up with family, a band, and I think characters - some things to buy (not much but some) oh and a massage tent (I think it cost) and then there are these places with alphabet letters - so your family will meet with you at "A" tent, or "C" - synch up with last name - the WISH team picks a letter and congregates there!!

We'll find each other!!

Then you head over to the busses to your resort and take a shower - sleep - get ready for the "next" thing! We walked over to Epcot and got some pictures - went over to China, and back to England for LeCellier - then back to BCV for dh's prep for Marathon!

For some reason I can see Maroo running and DISing at the same time! LOL:lmao:

SHE NEEDS HER PHONE!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1

I have fallen off the training wagon.

I keep getting a message on this computer
"Scripts Currently Forbiddin | <SCRIPT>:20| <object>:0

which basically I find means I cant click to get BOLD, or click on a smilie!

How have you fallen off of the training wagon? I have faith that you can get back on it today! No giving up allowed. If I'm not allowed off of my training schedule then you're not allowed off of yours. :goodvibes

I don't know if I saw this quote in someone's sig on the WISH board or if it was in someone's sig on coolrunning.com (I saw it on one of the two places); but it's a great quote from Lance Armstrong:

Quit? You know, once I was thinking of quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of that's keeping you from the finals?

I don't know much about Lance, other than who he is. I've never really followed him. I think that is amazing that he was diagnosed with all of that and still went on to win - he didn't let it get him down.

You're going to have to figure out what will motivate you when the going gets tough. I told you mine: visualizing myself at the start of the marathon on Jan 10 and realizing that I'm undertrained only because there were too many training days I skipped just because I "didn't feel like it". That thought scares the :scared1: out of me.

So, what is on your training schedule for today? I have to run 4 miles after work. Do you want to help keep each other accountable?

Well, get back on!

You're going to have to figure out what will motivate you when the going gets tough. I told you mine: visualizing myself at the start of the marathon on Jan 10 and realizing that I'm undertrained only because there were too many training days I skipped just because I "didn't feel like it". That thought scares the :scared1: out of me.

::yes:::eek: nightmares

I may have even posted the Lance Armstrong quote - but needed that reminder! I often think of all the great WISH kids, and their determination to move forward.... and I watch Biggest Loser - and was ashamed... (I did do my strength training stuff while watching it - I do admit I wanted a bowl of ice cream the entire time! :sad2:)

I am weak. A definate personality flaw. I'm good for 2 weeks, then I just dont see the point, and stop. I feel the mental flaw - right between my eyes. I'm going to do this... I HAVE to... my vision of just missing being "official finisher" by 10 minutes hurt my heart in '08...

I stepped on the scale, gained back 5# - that also made me stop my training - what's the point...

OK... I'm going to see if I cant put on some gear and head out the door for 2 miles... or 30 min... :sad2:

Guilt by posting coming your way!

I got on the Dern Ball and Zumba'd.

Despite the fact that my shoulders refuse to move and I look absolutely ridiculous.

Get out the door my friend!

Go get those 2 miles in, Sandy. You can do it! Save the books for the flight to WDW - you'll need something to read on the plane.
(wait- you are flying- right?)

Thanks my friends -

I did 40 min outside - I really want to get a pedometer! I'm thinking that was 2 miles - 2 1/2 miles....

I really hate when I whine - I want to stay positive, think positive, and DO positive things! I was just wrong!

:cheer2: Hurray for your walk!!!! :cheer2:

I'm trying to get under 200lbs and I am right there (currently 202) but more importantly my Dad had 5 vessel bi-pass surgery at age 52. I don't want to go that route. While my total cholesterol is good, my triglycerides are high, my LDL is a little high, and my HDL is a little low. My doctor had been watching my levels since June. I need to get myself more active and eating better. Mostly my eating needs to be portion control. :rolleyes1

I know how hard it is to stay motivated and to continue to follow your schedule. You said you didn't want to feel that pain of missing by 10 minutes again. Focus on that along with your other personal goals and (as nike would say) Just Do It! You have quite a few people here following you and cheering you on. I'm sure you will reach the finish line at the marathon this time!:thumbsup2

:cool1:

Good job! You are allowed to whine. Better to whine and get support (and get off the couch) then to go hide.

You did the right thing.

Awesome job! :thumbsup2 You could go to mapmyrun and try mark where you walked today to get an idea of your milage.

Sometimes you just gotta whine. If doing something like this was easy and 100% fun; everybody would be training for 1/2 and full marathons! You're going to run into "off" days but don't let it get you down. But get out there regardless b/c even if that work-out turns out to be a bust, you're sure to follow up with a good workout the next day.

For some reason I can see Maroo running and DISing at the same time! LOL:lmao:

SHE NEEDS HER PHONE!!!!!!!!:rolleyes1

Uh. There is NO way I am going ANYWHERE without my iPhone. :snooty: In fact...by Jan...I will have an extra battery all charged up.

I will be carrying around a camelbak - it has a pouch with water in it and has several places to put stuff.

I plan to have my headphones with me. I hope it is not a big TnT rule to not have them...I know they are "forbidden" but I have heard most people say you can wear them as long as they are on a safe volume.

AW! Sister! Get back up there!

I may have even posted the Lance Armstrong quote - but needed that reminder! I often think of all the great WISH kids, and their determination to move forward.... and I watch Biggest Loser - and was ashamed... (I did do my strength training stuff while watching it - I do admit I wanted a bowl of ice cream the entire time! :sad2:)

I am weak. A definate personality flaw. I'm good for 2 weeks, then I just dont see the point, and stop. I feel the mental flaw - right between my eyes. I'm going to do this... I HAVE to... my vision of just missing being "official finisher" by 10 minutes hurt my heart in '08...

I stepped on the scale, gained back 5# - that also made me stop my training - what's the point...

OK... I'm going to see if I cant put on some gear and head out the door for 2 miles... or 30 min... :sad2:

Well.... YOU DID IT! You do have the determination! You can do it!

Do you have a song (or several) that inspire you?

I have one... From Noah's website... Little is Much. That child. He was so happy. So full of giggles and always a smile on his face.

It inspires me. I start every walk with it. And if I get tired, I play it again.

Do you have a song like that?

Thanks my friends -

I did 40 min outside - I really want to get a pedometer! I'm thinking that was 2 miles - 2 1/2 miles....

I really hate when I whine - I want to stay positive, think positive, and DO positive things! I was just wrong!

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Thanks my friends -

whine all you want. we'll still be here.:thumbsup2

Way to go on the walk/run. I am very proud of you for getting out. :hug:

Tim Thanks - DH/Tim started running way back when his dad started having heart issues - fil passed away at 62 - and he was a runner, but heart disease was strong with him - he had 2 or 3 angioplasties, and a 3 heart by-pass surgery, the heart valve surgery he didnt survive... So its definately a wake up call to know your levels - DH knows his.... and runs...

:cool1:

Good job! You are allowed to whine. Better to whine and get support (and get off the couch) then to go hide.

You did the right thing.

I'd rather have wine and cheese!! ;) :upsidedow

Awesome job! :thumbsup2 You could go to mapmyrun and try mark where you walked today to get an idea of your milage.

Sometimes you just gotta whine. If doing something like this was easy and 100% fun; everybody would be training for 1/2 and full marathons! You're going to run into "off" days but don't let it get you down. But get out there regardless b/c even if that work-out turns out to be a bust, you're sure to follow up with a good workout the next day.

Thanks for your tremendous support!

google also has a google pedometer - but I run thru a large park, and tend to run in circles (it adds miles in my head - without making me run a "distance")
(and the park has these circles of asphalt with a tree or two and a park bench in it - I run around that circle to add - so I really should get a pedometer!! :cutie:)

yes, you are allowed to laugh at my weirdness!!

Have I mentioned I play mind games with myself? :upsidedow

Uh. There is NO way I am going ANYWHERE without my iPhone. :snooty: In fact...by Jan...I will have an extra battery all charged up.

I will be carrying around a camelbak - it has a pouch with water in it and has several places to put stuff.

I plan to have my headphones with me. I hope it is not a big TnT rule to not have them...I know they are "forbidden" but I have heard most people say you can wear them as long as they are on a safe volume.

Do you have a song (or several) that inspire you?

I have one... From Noah's website... Little is Much. That child. He was so happy. So full of giggles and always a smile on his face.

It inspires me. I start every walk with it. And if I get tired, I play it again.

Do you have a song like that?

Woo Hoo!!!!!

First of all I totally "get" you wanting, needing - no its WANT your iphone... HOWEVER I am going to strongly advise AGAINST it - I know... you will want to tweet instead of get to the finish line!! You will lose valuable time taking pictures, and calling people to tell them you cant do it... (oh, wait, that was me!!)

Think about it tho..

CAmelback YOU MUST practice with it on a TEN mile walk/run - minimum - because that thing is heavy - and trust me by mile ten - you will want to fling the dang thang - FAR - I only had a fanny pak with a phone, and camera and by mile ten - I had HAD it - then at mile 13 I swore NEVER again!!

Songs I take it me posting the lyrics to songs on previous pages dont count? :confused3

Thanks for adding Noah's - another song to add to my ipod! :thumbsup2

whine all you want. we'll still be here.:thumbsup2

Way to go on the walk/run. I am very proud of you for getting out. :hug:

You truly are a great influence and inspiration Lisa - thanks for being here!!

They need to have 7 more hat orders to send in the order - please consider ordering a hat!

Okay, I just ordered two visors. Thanks for the reminder.:thumbsup2 So Sandy, what did you do today?:rolleyes1 hhmmmmmm...

I'm not seeing a response. Are you seeing a response? popcorn::

I have caught a cold - swollen glands, sore throat, headache - I need to rest medicine! I feel (and am) dizzy - hard to sit up at the computer...

but my ditzy son has an interview today- but he left all his stuff (resume etc) at his condo - so I have to drive to his work, drive to his home, drive back to his work - why cant the boy just take off work to do his own problem :confused3 He expects his father to do it (and his father almost did! His father has been laid off of work, and now is working as a contractor/consultant, um NO YOU MAY NOT TAKE OFF WORK - to fix your ds' problem!)

I illegally copied his house keys - and felt so guilty I've lost one! so I'm looking to see if I cant - kids - what to do? :confused3

I still might do a very slow 2 miles - if I'm not dizzy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter