Hairdryer at AKL

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Jennymac, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Jennymac

Jennymac Earning My Ears

How good are the hairdryers at Animal Kingdom Lodge? I have a decent one that I use everyday at home and was wondering if I need to bring it with me or are the in-room ones good.

Any advice is appreciated...Have a great day!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ducklite

ducklite <font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>

It was fine--I can't recall, either 1250 or 1500 watts.

Not one of those hose things, but a real blow dryer.

Anne

4. jdads2

jdads2 Squirrelly as all heck

DW wasn't thrilled but it was good enough.

5. blanq

blanq DIS Veteran

I think that the hair dryers at AKL are quite sufficient. I decided to forgo my own hair dryer for our trip to AKL this past May, and did not regret it. My hair is cut in a short bob, so it dries more quickly than it might for others. I have read complaints, from others here on the DIS, about the hair dryers not working well if you have long, thick hair.

6. LvsTnk

LvsTnk Disney Crazy

I thought it was O.K. and am not bringing one when we go. On the other hand the one at the Polynesian in Tahiti was terrible let's hope the have some good ones when they open Hawaii.:D

7. mep319

mep319 <font color=green>Go EAGLES! Go FLYERS!<br><font c

I think it depends on you hair type...I have curly/wavy hair and they are not adequate for me. It does not have a disfuser attachment for when I wear it curly and certainly isn't stronge enough to straighten it! I have to bring my own...If you have normal/staight hair I think you would be fine though......