Hair Straighteners/Dual Voltage

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by flortlebap, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Lisa x

Lisa x CAROLINE4 is my sister :)

If they are dual voltage, mine dont have a separate button, I just plug em in the same as back home and they work exactly the same! Nice and hot! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. flortlebap

flortlebap Disneyiac!

Ohhhhh I think he'll understand.... At Christmas, we went away to a hotel.... Blondie here forgot to pack the hair straighteners... Cue other half driving all the way home (40 mile round trip) to pick them up whilst I was in the bath! I literally wouldn't have left the room without them!!

Trust me, he'll get it :rotfl:

4. Lisa x

Lisa x CAROLINE4 is my sister :)

:laughing: can't blame you sending him back, I would have been the same! No straighteners, not able to face the public haha!

5. flortlebap

flortlebap Disneyiac!

6. Jakejosh4

Jakejosh4 Mouseketeer

Hi I have a set go GHD 4 which worked really well

7. 2Tiggies

2Tiggies <font color=blue>I am subscribing to this thread j

I think you are referring to a "Brazillian Blowdry". Groupon had some deals on it a week or so back and I was so tempted. If it comes up again I am definitely buying one!

8. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

well you know my hair is super curly - i went crazy growing up trying to wear it straight (my sister had the most gorgeous perfectly straight hair you could ever want!!).
    now i just go natural - though i use paul mitchell styling sculpt glaze to control the friz - so it's just curls...

then about once i year i go nuts and have a blow dry - it lasts about a day, but it's fun!! my hair looks so completely different....but who has the energy to do that all the time!!

they tried to talk me into getting that chemical straightening done, but i chickened out...

9. Julia Ann

Julia Ann DIS Veteran

My straigteners are not dual voltage and they worked fine. The ones I took last time were fransen futra's which are mainly used in salons.

10. Claire L

Claire L <font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f

GHD IV's or newer which are dual voltage work well in the US, I have taken mine over there at least 5 times :)

11. princess_ariel_85

princess_ariel_85 DIS Veteran

I think all the straighteners GHD make now have dual voltage. First time we went I took my old battered GHDs because I didn't know, luckily though at Manchester airport I saw a pretty set of GHDs and decided to treat myself. They work wonderfully... (or well did until they died the other week. I now have the peacock limited edition GHDs)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who worried about their hair when in WDW.

12. zoeee

zoeee Earning My Ears

whatttttttt i didnt know that ghd's dont work in america im going there this week and was going to pack them now i am worried what to do with my hair!!! how comes they dont work? i have had mine for a few years now so is it likely mine will not work

13. UKDEB

UKDEB <font color=CC33FF>Found the Tag Fairy's hangout<b Moderator

They do work if they're mark IV or later and, given that ghd's aren't know for their durability, I reckon most people who use them regularly will own a set of mark IVs.

14. flortlebap

flortlebap Disneyiac!

Because they won't power up with the US 110v current, they need 220 or thereabouts, unless they're dual voltage.

15. zoeee

zoeee Earning My Ears

phew its ok i have mk4 ones that have lower voltage:cool1:

16. flortlebap

flortlebap Disneyiac!

So do I, only I can't find them!!! We've just moved house and I have no idea where they are, what a nightmare!!

17. NatalieMT

NatalieMT Mouseketeer

The MK4 and above GHDs most definitely work, like others have said if you own a pair that aren't MK4 you must be one of the very lucky people whos GHDs have lasted all this time!

18. stephensmum

stephensmum DIS Veteran

My old mark 4 GHD's worked but kept cutting off. My mum treated me to some new purple GHD's & they're fine.