Hair Salons

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Debrn, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Are there any hair salons at any Villas or Hotels?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. robert@dvcstore

robert@dvcstore Old Key West member since 1994 Approved Advertiser

There is a hair salon at 3 of the Walt Disney World resorts. The Grand Floridian has one on the second floor of the main building, the Contemporary has one on the 3rd floor (accessible only by elevator) and there is one next to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club.

You can also get a hair cut at the Barber Shop on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom.

Robert

4. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Thanks Robert

5. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

There is also one at Coronado Springs resort. In the Casitas area, next to the health club.

6. disneyeveryyear

disneyeveryyear DIS Veteran

I believe SSR has one next to the spa also.

7. kid-at-heart

kid-at-heart DIS Veteran

Has anyone used any of the resort sites? If so, do you remember the price ranges for cuts, styles, etc?

8. Chuck S

There is no hair salon at SSR, spa only.

My Mom get her hair permed at WDW every time we visit because they don't burn her hair like they do at all our local salons.

I think DVC gets a 10% discount.

There is a price list located here: WDW Salons Click on Salons, and the location and a price list should be on that page.

9. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Thanks.

10. quirty30

quirty30 DIS Veteran

Well, let me put it to you this way, a clipper cut for my 11 year old son at the BC salon was $25 plus tip. It was so hot when we visited, so I guess it was worth it. I normally cut his hair myself at home, but we just didn't have time before we left.

By the way, it is a very small shop. There were only 2 styling stations and what looked to be a little room in back for manicures/pedicures. There was just the one stylist there when we went one Sunday as few weeks ago. We made an appointment that morning before we went to breakfast and they got us in at 11:30AM.

11. Chuck S

$25 for a mens haircut seems normal around here in a regular "salon." Though the places like "Pro-cuts" and "Great Clips" are cheaper, if you like the one style of cut they seem to know how to do.

It's well worth the extra, to us, to actually get a stylist that knows what they're doing.

The salons are small, usually 2 or 3 stations, and 1 or 2 pedi chairs.

An alternative for less expensive boys/mens cuts would be the MK barber shop, who also do a wonderful job. No appointments, first come, first seved by waiting in line.