Gymnastic Mat

Stacy9402

Mouseketeer
I am looking for mats that you tumble on. My daughter wants a couple for Christmas she is a cheerleader and wants them for the basement to practice on. Anyone know of a good place to get them and a good deal. I know they are expensive..

Contact your local gymnastics center, they will usually sell them or you can order them online through www.resilite.com good luck and happy tumbling, my girls tumble in the basement all the time!

My daughter is an allstar cheerleader and we have a matt in our living room.
Our gym and several of the parents use Rossathetic.com

Which mat would be the best. She has been a CYA cheerleader for 2 years and has taken cheerleading classes and know somethings like a front handspring but would she be considered a beginner and need the really cushy mats or the others.. so confused. def. will be talking to her coaches tomorrow night at practice. thanks for all the input keep it coming as I will research all my options as these mats are not cheap. And it is the only thing she has requested for Christmas for a couple of years so I really want her to have the beneath the tree...

Sometimes purchasing thru the gym could be cheaper.
You just have to find the right person!

For water supplies, going thru our water aerobics instructor, she is also the head person at the pool. Thru certain websites, they give instructors, or trainers discounts, that they don't give to the public.
Sometimes the instructors, are really friendly, nice and budget conscious themselves and will order things for you to help you out, others won't!
For some places its a significant savings, others times its a volume which gets the discount.

So, if you look at the web site, see if pricing is lowered if you ordered multiples, and possible could see if the other cheer leading parents are looking to purchase a mat too, so you could bundle the order together!
Either approach can save you some cash!
Connie

Once you get a pretty good idea what kind of mat you want you could try putting up some notices on the bulletin boards of some of the cheer gyms in your area.

We sold ours last year. The girls used it for years, but it was still in really good condition. (It was great for slumber parties too)

We tried to sell it with a newspaper ad, but people wanted to give like $30....DD said yeah right. She ended up selling it on E-Bay to a lady in Atlanta who was thrilled to get it.

I would have kept it if storage had not been an issue. If we had put it in the attic the heat would have ruined it. Anyway, there may be some older girls or some who have quit who have a mat they don't need.

We purchased ours through our gym but it is a Resilite mat. We will be purchasing more to cover a bigger area of the basement and will purchase Resilite again. We are very pleased with the quality. We have the Home Use Folding Mats. This probably the only Christmas present our DDs still use on a regular basis. It was worth every penny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!