Guy Fieri's Disneyland Resort Holiday Special - AIRING ON FOOD NETWORK THIS MONTH!

Sherry E

Currently tag-less...
I suppose I should be a proper mod and move my own thread over to the Community Board, BUT I thought that seeing this upcoming Guy Fieri DLR Holiday special may help some folks with their DLR holiday trip planning, so I put it here for now.

Anyway, last year Guy was at DLR the weekend before Christmas, filming this special one-hour version of his popular Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives for the Food Network, set to air on Saturday, December 5. I was there at DLR during that time and I never saw him! Nancy - YellowMickeyPonchos - met him while he was making fresh candy canes. I like that it is one full hour. Usually the one-hour shows go to WDW stuff, but this whole hour is devoted to holidays at DLR only! I am setting my DVR so I can watch this during the year, whenever I need a little taste of DLR at Christmastime!!!

Here is the link with more info: http://www.foodnetwork.com/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/guys-disney-holiday/index.html

Yay! I remember hearing that Guy was there last year, but never heard anything about the show. I'll definitely record it to my DVR, too!

Hurray! I'm setting my Tivo now! :yay: Not only will the special be on three days before we leave (talk about helping to set the mood!), but my DH and I really get a kick out of Guy Fieri. We enjoy his Sacramento restuarant, Tex Wasabi, and somehow always manage to eat there when he's in town. He's quite a hoot and just seems to be a genuinely nice person. He's always really interested in what you think about the food, but the conversation always veers onto some funny tangents. Can't wait to watch the Christmas special and see what he has to say and show!

Sherry, thank you so much for posting the information!!!

You are most welcome! I had to share this with my DIS-friends!:goodvibes Ever since I heard of Guy being at DLR last year on my weekend (even though I never saw him anywhere but I did see film crews walking around), and Nancy explaining that the reason he was there was to film a DLR holiday special for the Food Network, I have been eagerly awaiting this darn show to come on! If I recall from what Nancy or another DIS-er said after meeting Guy in 2009, the initial plan was to air it in November of this year, so I began checking my menu listings on the cable guide, as they usually show what is going to air up to two weeks in advance, and I didn't see any Guy Fieri DLR Holiday special on for the next two weeks. So that prompted me to go hunting online to see when and IF it was going to air, and I found the info that I posted the link for above. I am so excited it is finally coming on! Not that I don't enjoy all the specials about WDW (I try to record those too, and I love the Samantha Brown Disney Holiday special that Travel Channel runs each year), but we don't get TOO many shows that are just about DLR - DLR at holiday time, no less - so this one is a real treat for all of us diehard DLR lovers and DLR holiday fanatics!

Up until last year, Food Network used to air a one-hour special every year about the various 'edible' holiday decorations all around WDW, featuring Raven Symone (did I spell her name correctly? LOL!), and I really enjoyed that too, as it showed all the elaborate displays made out of 'food' at the different WDW hotels. But they did not air it at all in 2008, and now that Guy Fieri's show is coming on, they may not air Raven's WDW Holiday special again!! Travel Channel doesn't mind airing Disney specials all day long if they have to (a marathon), but Food Network is a little more frugal with their Disney programming!!

Very cool! I actually did see him last December and I saw all the cameras and everything. But that was in the morning and I was hustling to get to the Space FP machines. Maybe I'll see myself on TV. :goodvibes

Thanks for posting this. I'll be recording it on the DVR. We begin our 1st Disneyland trip on the 17th. (We've done WDW many times.) I am more than a little curious about the candy canes that are supposed to be shown in the Food Network special. I read somewhere on these boards that people have waited 4 hours for 2 of them! This show will be my chance to see them.

Great! Can't wait..I've always wondered and never gotten around to looking it up..Does Disney own or is involved with in some way, the Food Network?

Man that is the day we arrive at the DLH, and I don't have a DVR.

Can you use a VCR instead and just set the timer a couple of days before you leave?

I wish that the DLR hotels got fun channels like the Food Network and the Travel Channel, because there are so many Disney-related shows to be seen on both but they don't have them. I think CNN, Discovery and TNT were about the most exciting channels I saw on the PPH TV the last time I checked.

Oh very cool Sherry!!!! I will need to find that!! Nancy shared her candy canes from Dec 08 with us in Jan 09 when we had the mini meet. :)

Thanks for posting this. I love his show and it will air less than a week after my vacation there. So great way to keep the vaca going longer.

OMG! Thank you so much for posting this! I love Triple D and cannot wait to see all the holiday goodies that they cook up...especially since I'm going to Disneyland during Christmas for the first time this year :goodvibes :santa:

OMG! Thank you so much for posting this! I love Triple D and cannot wait to see all the holiday goodies that they cook up...especially since I'm going to Disneyland during Christmas for the first time this year :goodvibes :santa:

Great! See, it is exactly people like you who I thought may be helped by the Guy special - people who want last minute tips or info on DLR holidaytime stuff - or just to help them get in the mood - before making their DLR holiday trip!:santa: Most people going for the holidays will already have their plans set by that time, but depending on what Guy does in the show, maybe there will be some cool tips he shares that folks can use before they run off to DLR. For example, he is supposed to be making something gingerbread - that could mean the chubby gingerbread-men-with-mouse-ears-cookies OR perhaps Guy is going to the Jazz Kitchen in DTD and making one of their do-it-yourself gingerbread houses that they offer each holiday season. While most people see the gingerbread men with ears around DLR, not everyone knows about the gingerbread house-making at the Jazz Kitchen, so in a way, as much as I love those portly cookies, I kind of hope he focuses on the Jazz Kitchen stuff....but then again, Jazz Kitchen is not a 'Disney' establishment, per se, so more than likely they will keep it all in the Disney family.

Sherry, tell me more about the Jazz Kitchen gingerbread houses......please....I just made our Tgiving ressies, we are eating at the Jazz Kitchen!! I'm sooooo excited and DBF can't wait to eat some turducken! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter