Guilty of Being Innocent of Eating Too Little! ~ July 2011 Dining Review *Next Trip!

Day 10 – I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

After our late lunch, the rain finally let up some. We were able to tie up some loose ends and hit a few more attractions, before leaving. We then headed over to the Polynesian to catch the Torch Lighting Ceremony. I got this tip from another Diser, so we had to see it before we left. And let me tell you, it was awesome! Definitely something we will try and see every trip. We then headed back to Riverside to pack up… :sad1:

That night we headed back over to the Riverside Mill Food Court for dessert.

Ice cream overlook
101_1309.jpg

Andrew got a Chocolate Milkshake ($3.99):
101_1310.jpg

My dad actually got ice cream this time! It was his last chance, after all. We both ended up getting a Hot Fudge Sundae with Chocolate Ice Cream ($3.99)
101_1311.jpg

101_1313.jpg

My mom got a Hot Fudge Sundae with Vanilla Ice Cream ($3.99):
101_1312.jpg

To cut the sweet we also got an order of French fries:
101_1315.jpg

We all thoroughly enjoyed our ice cream treats. This is probably the best deal for ice cream on property – you get three huge scoops of ice cream, a ton of hot fudge, and a mountain of whipped cream, all for four dollars. This was a wonderful end to a magical day!

This came to a total of $20.93 and receives a…
jack.jpg

Coming up: The last breakfast

Day 11 – Last Day

And so my dear readers, we have reached the last day at WDW. This means we wake up ridiculously early (5:00), get ready, and pack up the car. We headed over to the Riverside Mill Food Court for our last breakfast. Since we got there so early, the only section open was the bakery, forcing the rest of my family to stray from their beloved oatmeal.

Andrew and I each got a Cinnamon Bun:
101_1332.jpg

101_1333.jpg

My dad had some apple jacks, while my mom had corn pops. In addition, my parents each got an order of toast and split a danish.

101_1334.jpg

Multigrain Toast

101_1335.jpg

White Toast and Corn Pops

101_1337.jpg

Cherry Danish

101_1338.jpg

Apple Jacks

This was a pretty good breakfast. The bakery items were superb, but the processed cereal does take it down a little, causing this meal to only get a…
barbossa.jpg

The total? Well, I honestly lost the receipt, so I’m going to guesstimate something around $18.

Up next: Snacks from WDW

Day 11 – Lunch on the Road​

After breakfast, we took a few final pictures and headed out of Walt Disney World. This was an amazing, magical trip, full of great memories and lots of good food. Before we left we got some treats to enjoy later in the day.

Double Chocolate Muffin – from Main Street Bakery
101_1366.jpg

So good! Definitely for chocolate lovers, as it is quite rich and dense.

Chips – from POR giftshop
101_1368.jpg

Grapes – from the Food Court
101_1369.jpg

Eh… I would suggest not buying grapes on Disney property. One, they are way overpriced. Two, they are squishy and brown.

Apple slices – from the Food Court
101_1370.jpg

These were better than the grapes, but still not fantastic. At least they hadn’t turned brown.

Tossed Salads – from the Food Court
101_1371.jpg

101_1372.jpg

These were very good and refreshing. I just wish they were a little bit bigger for the cost.

Popcorn ($4.75):
101_1373.jpg

101_1375.jpg

The treats came to a total of $31.27.

Up next: The last meal…

Day 11 – Dinner

After driving for the entire day, we stopped for dinner where we started – Bob Evans. We had a wonderful waiter, I just wish I could remember his name… :sad2:

Bread Basket
IMG_0799.jpg

Blueberry bread, pumpkin bread, and rolls

Very good selection. It was hard to not eat all of this before our meal came.

I got half of a Chicken Salad Sandwich, with a Side Salad:
IMG_0800.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

This was good, although I must admit, my chicken salad is much better. The salad was light and refreshing.

My mom got Baked Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Carrots:
IMG_0802.jpg

She enjoyed this. It was a little bland, but that is right up her alley.

Andrew got a Pot Roast Sandwich and Cheddar Potato Soup:
IMG_0803.jpg

Andrew thought this was excellent, although the portion was a little small for him.

My dad got a bowl of Bean Soup with Garlic Bread:
IMG_0804.jpg

He loves bean soup and thoroughly enjoyed this. I had a slice of garlic bread and thought it was good, but a little greasy.

Overall, our last meal on this trip gets a…
barbossa.jpg

Next up: Summary Time

Summary of Walt Disney World Meals

Best Table Service – 1900 Park Fare
Best Counter Service – Riverside Mill Food Court
Best Snack – Starring Rolls

Honorable Mentions

CS – Columbia Harbour House, Main Street Bakery
TS – Liberty Tree Tavern, Plaza Restaurant

The WDW food total came to $1145.81. We normally try to allot around $100 for food per day. I’d say we did a might good job at saving money, while eating a lot of outstanding food!

And so my crew, this adventure has come to an end. Our ship has reached port and it’s now time for you to head off to a new adventure. I want to thank you for coming aboard and joining me on this harrowing journey. Although, it did take a while to finish, I had quite a bit of fun writing this and I hope you had just as much fun reading it. Until next time, make sure your glasses are full of rum and keep your powder dry. Drink up me hearties, yo ho! pirate:

Thank-you for taking the time to write the report - great job!:thumbsup2

Is Cinderella's Royal Table an all you can eat place? I've always thought of it as pre-plated but then saw your breakfast platter. I've only eaten there once, for lunch, and we were quite full with out meals. But, lunch included dessert whereas breakfast doesn't. CRT is on our list of maybes for next summer, so I'm curious about it.

I just found your Dining Review this afternoon, and read it all the way through. I have really enjoyed your reviews -- and I love your rating system!

Great food report! I am definitely going to be on the lookout for the kid's mac 'n cheese, as that's my 15 year old daughter's favorite. Great tips!

Thank-you for taking the time to write the report - great job!:thumbsup2

Is Cinderella's Royal Table an all you can eat place? I've always thought of it as pre-plated but then saw your breakfast platter. I've only eaten there once, for lunch, and we were quite full with out meals. But, lunch included dessert whereas breakfast doesn't. CRT is on our list of maybes for next summer, so I'm curious about it.

Thank you! :goodvibes

I believe that only breakfast is all you can eat. Since three of us wanted the "traditional" breakfast the second time around, she just brought us out a large platter full of everything. I like having an early breakfast here, since it gave us the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted.

I just found your Dining Review this afternoon, and read it all the way through. I have really enjoyed your reviews -- and I love your rating system!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

Great food report! I am definitely going to be on the lookout for the kid's mac 'n cheese, as that's my 15 year old daughter's favorite. Great tips!

Thanks mate! Ha, my brother and your daughter would get along just fine then! :laughing:

Just finished the rest of your review!! It was so nice of you to treat your entire family to CRT!!! :goodvibesToo bad the French Toast wasn't awesome. It looks really good. :banana:
I 100% felt the same way about Ghirardelli this time. I only ate 2 bites of my sundae & it was not near as good as it has been in the past.
The banana split @ the Plaza was amazing when I had it a few years ago,so big!!:cloud9: This year Me & my DH split the cheese steak too @the Plaza & the waitress was very sweet about it. We just were not that hungry. We really like the Plaza too.:thumbsup2
Thanks for the entertaining reviews!! Hope you get to go again soon so we can read another!! :rotfl:

I really enjoyed your reviews and pictures! TFS:)

Thanks so much for reading! Glad you enjoyed the review. :)

Just finished the rest of your review!! It was so nice of you to treat your entire family to CRT!!! :goodvibesToo bad the French Toast wasn't awesome. It looks really good. :banana:
I 100% felt the same way about Ghirardelli this time. I only ate 2 bites of my sundae & it was not near as good as it has been in the past.
The banana split @ the Plaza was amazing when I had it a few years ago,so big!!:cloud9: This year Me & my DH split the cheese steak too @the Plaza & the waitress was very sweet about it. We just were not that hungry. We really like the Plaza too.:thumbsup2
Thanks for the entertaining reviews!! Hope you get to go again soon so we can read another!! :rotfl:

Your welcome and thanks for reading! :goodvibes Plaza definitely beats Ghirardelli in my book as well. Hopefully I'll be going back in May for my graduation trip with my family and my best friend! I shall let you all know as soon as the reservations are made. :thumbsup2

Ahoy Faithful Readers! I have finally made my way back here after sailing through many treacherous storms to tell you of my next quest. You see, upon graduation from college, my family and best friend will be making our way to Florida (of course we will be sailing along the coast! :boat:). This adventure will begin on the 6th of May and conclude on the 12th and we will be staying in two rooms at POR (would you believe that is was cheaper to book 2 rooms here, than all stay in 1 room at a deluxe??). I am sure my friend and I will be up to quite a bit of shenanigans while we are down there, which I will record with great vigor, so as to share it with you all when we return. If you all have any suggestions as to where we should dine, then share away! I should also inform you that I have turned 21 since my last visit to Walt Disney World... Drink up me hearties yo ho! pirate:

Ahoy Princess Betsy!! My husband and I did the exact same thing when our daughter graduated from college :laughing: We had 2 connecting rooms at POR - it was a wonderful trip; you'll have a great time... you can share some drinks and try to make it all around the "World" at Epcot :yay: My daughter and her best friend made it almost all the way around - LOL!!

Congratulations on your graduation!!

Ahoy Princess Betsy!! My husband and I did the exact same thing when our daughter graduated from college :laughing: We had 2 connecting rooms at POR - it was a wonderful trip; you'll have a great time... you can share some drinks and try to make it all around the "World" at Epcot :yay: My daughter and her best friend made it almost all the way around - LOL!!

Congratulations on your graduation!!

Thanks so much! That is an excellent idea mate. I am so excited and cannot wait for May :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!