Guidelines regarding commercial links

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, me again. :lmao:

There is this post:

Now, I remember awhile back that she was a CM consultant, as in makes a profit from selling CM. Just a question: is this ok? Is that on the other side of the line? Can you draw the lines for me. I don't mind coloring in what I can see...:rotfl:

Here's the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33666832#post33666832

She did not provide a link to her site to purchase it.

I think that is main issue. The actual linking. If you tell me about a great digi kit at suchandsuch store without providing a link, I think you are good to go. I can google it and find if I want to see it for myself.

Is this correct?

She did not provide a link to her site to purchase it.

I think that is main issue. The actual linking. If you tell me about a great digi kit at suchandsuch store without providing a link, I think you are good to go. I can google it and find if I want to see it for myself.

Is this correct?

You can tell about a great kit and link it as long as it is not yours or from a store you design in. As Lisa is a consultant she can mention the program(when asked) but not link to her website for purchase. If she was not a consultant she could provide a link to the main site where you can find a consultant and buy it.

On the other hand if you(are a designer) come out with a new kit- or you design for a store I don't have listed in the digital links you can pm me the information and I will add it to the thread. I will just add the link to the list not advertise it.

Rebecca

Ok Im so confused, so we are not allowed to post links to disney freebies anymore? We have to submit them to a MOD first? Freebies are only good for so long though... :confused:

You can tell about a great kit and link it as long as it is not yours or from a store you design in. As Lisa is a consultant she can mention the program(when asked) but not link to her website for purchase. If she was not a consultant she could provide a link to the main site where you can find a consultant and buy it.

On the other hand if you(are a designer) come out with a new kit- or you design for a store I don't have listed in the digital links you can pm me the information and I will add it to the thread. I will just add the link to the list not advertise it.

Rebecca

Got it! Thanks! :goodvibes So, if a CT member was asked a question she too could answer the name of a kit and such, correct? Or, even a designer as a response to a direct question? And I do mean DIRECT LOL.

Lastly, if say I were to make a kit, completely free and have it on my blog where I sell absolutely nothing...can I post a link in a thread I start myself or will I get blocked?

Ok Im so confused, so we are not allowed to post links to disney freebies anymore? We have to submit them to a MOD first? Freebies are only good for so long though... :confused:

I think as long as you are not on that designer's CT, you can still post a link to a freebie. I think that's the deal.

I still think the webmaster should look into offering some level of paid advertising that could be useful to digi designers, etc. I'm sure sponsoring a whole forum on the DIS is expensive and probably cost prohiitive for designers, but some kind of smaller level of advertising could be developed (like on other boards I go on, they have tags that say supporting advertiser and that tag can then link to their store) that would work for those folks. I LIKE knowing where to buy awesome digi kits and I bet a lot of other folks like it, too. I wish we could have had this discussion before things got ugly. I relly think there could be a way for all this to work.

Got it! Thanks! :goodvibes So, if a CT member was asked a question she too could answer the name of a kit and such, correct? Or, even a designer as a response to a direct question? And I do mean DIRECT LOL.

Yes- and if they wanted a link feel free to send them to it in the digital links post- again send me any links to kits for sale/stores and I will add them in

Lastly, if say I were to make a kit, completely free and have it on my blog where I sell absolutely nothing...can I post a link in a thread I start myself or will I get blocked?

If your blog has no links to stores and you sell nothing then feel free to start a link with a freebie offer- you can also send me a copy of the link and I will add it to the thread under freebies as well. You can also list a blog like this in your signature.

Ask away if you have any other questions and we will answer them.

Rebecca

You can post links to freebies- as an enabler alert kind of thing- just not a long thread that will turn into advertising- you can even let people know that your favorite designer came out with a new kit. (This is not the case if the free kit is on your own blog that includes for sale items- store link- or is in your own store).

If you want the link to be more permanently accessible then you would pm me the link to add to the digital kits thread.

The reasoning behind this is we don't want the thread to become an advertisement and have more restrictions put in place- the webmasters have said the sticky thread that we moderate is fine.

just going through the challenges out of the first 34, 21 are directly related to Britt, either GC to her store (promotional because kits are more then $5 so money is exchanged for goods, some are freebies which then leads to purchases, again promotional). Someone told me there is a huge amount of digital info out there then why are the scales tipped in Britts favor?

Now, it's lunch time here. I'm going to go feed my kid and husband.

Okay, here is the question, were the 21 posts that related to Britt written by Britt?

I am not a designer, have no ties to anyone on this thread and am just a newbie digi scrapper. I don't post any layouts anywhere, I just make occasional pages for a memory book for my granddaughter. We go to Disney and that's how I came across this site - looking for scraps that were Disney related. I was thrilled to find how many freebies there were out there. I was really enjoying posting and seeing all those things right HERE where all that posted had a common goal - sharing Disney scrapping. So, the days of checking in to see what others have found or to post a great find are over for me. It's very disappointing. What used to be a fun thread with a community feel to it has become a non-thread. Now there is list of hyperlinks and any freebies I come across would have to be *PM*ed to a moderator (I don't even know how to PM on here). There's no order to the list or pictures to look at.

It's a shame that so many good people were hurt by the actions taken here and have felt the need to leave this board. I've seen the same scenario happen on other boards. Why do these things always come out of the blue, shock people and then not have a decent explanation for why it was done in the manner it was? You can count me in with the rest who left, for I am done here. All the fun was sucked out of this thread the day I went online to post my new freebie find and saw the 'death post'. I'm so sorry it came to this and that so many people are gone. It's a sad state of affairs. I hope there have been some lessons learned by all...

I have noticed there are links in some threads about scrapbooking stores. Why can I not post a link to a digital scrapbooking store/blog that I am not an employee of? I tried to PM the link to someone and it would not let me do that either? Not sure what the rule is here. :confused3

I have noticed there are links in some threads about scrapbooking stores. Why can I not post a link to a digital scrapbooking store/blog that I am not an employee of? I tried to PM the link to someone and it would not let me do that either? Not sure what the rule is here. :confused3

You can post a link to any store/site that you are not a designer for- the only ones that would not work are those that are blocked by the webmasters- normally they are blocked for inappropriate content or an advertising problem in the past. If you have a question about a specific link you need to ask admin@wdwinfo.com

Rebecca

Whew…man, oh man, what a shame! I have been away for a while and I come back to find this mess. This has to be the most poorly handled situation I have seen in quite some time. Everything is getting made up as it goes along. This is allowed as long as… BUT it’s not allowed if …. Unless you are a specific designer then….. or a specific site…. If you are a CT member your rules are …. If you are a designer you can do this, but not that….UGH…….what a nightmare!

I don’t believe there was anyone posting here for the purpose of making a profit. Unfortunately this seems to be a case of “throwing out the baby with the bathwater.” But it is what it is, and it is too late to undo the damage that has been done, I’m afraid. My personal thoughts and feelings about this particular board have been altered, and not for the better.

I have posted layouts here in the past with the SOLE purpose of being able to share my joy of Disney and digi-scrapping with everyone else who shares the same joy. I would link my layout back to the gallery where I posted it because it was EASIER to do than re-type all of the credits for all the supplies that I used. For crying out loud, I already typed them once, why should I have to do it again? I typically use multiple designers’ stuff on my layouts…so it is SO MUCH EASIER for me to type it up once when I upload to a gallery and then just link back to it, than have to type it up all over again.

Personally, I think this is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen on these boards. Of course, I tend to pop in and out from time to time, so I’m not here all the time…I guess I could have missed something.

It’s a real shame, this whole mess is. Handled VERY badly. Since I was mostly interested in participating in the Disney related digi-challenges and sharing and learning about digi-resources, whether free or not, I guess I’ll be bowing out of this board. (Walks away shaking head in disbelief).

ETA: It is interesting to me that Scrapmatters is one of the only sites I know that lets you upload to their gallery and participate in challenges whether or not you use items purchased from their site. Ironic that they seem to be a site that is considered off limits here (unless that has changed too) when they themselves are so inclusive of other designers and stores not associated with them. *Shaking head again*

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter