Guide Linda Streetman is gone!

janner

Grateful for Pete Werner.
[I posted this thread to the DVC Board recently. Thanks to those of you who have already responded. Thought I'd try it on this great new board as well.]
I called DVC the other day to ask Linda Streetman about the Contemporary Villa rumors. The person I spoke with, Celeste, said Linda left in early December to become a realtor, so she would have a more flexible schedule for spending time with her daughter.
All I can say is "WAAAAAAAAAAAA!" We like Linda so much and can't imagine DVC without her. :sad: :sad:
Dan and Scott of these boards led us to Linda, and we always felt comfortable working with her. She never blinked about the two of us buying points together. The guide we got assigned to today asked how I was related to Madelyn. I was pleased to say we were partners of 21 years, but I would have been even more pleased if she had not asked at all.
If any same sex DISers want to recommend their guide, we're listening.
Janet and Maddy

Janet and Maddy, I can recommend Megan as someone who has always responded promptly to our questions. Beyond that we haven't had much contact. I'd be interested to know if others receive more contact or have more cordial relationships.

Our Guide is Roland Lammers and he is great! I have no reservations recommending him as a guide. We got bounced around a few times as guides came and went.

While I've never had any DVC Guide or Member Services rep ever bat an eye (okay, so I can't actually SEE a Member Services rep) when dealing with our contract, Roland seemed quite at ease with us.

Now, about those Contemporary rumors... did anyone tell you anything?

Randall

:earsboy:

Tell you anything about the North Wing comming down and a new DVC tower going up in it's place?

Who would start such a rumor?

The person who answered the phone, as well as the guide we were reassigned to (temporarily, from our point of view), each said something along the lines of, "Oh, those rumors certainly are out there." I figure if it wasn't imminent, they would say, "A lot of folks seem to want that, but DVC has no plans to build there." Thus, I am keeping my hopes alive.
;.j
Janet

DVC may not know about it, but Buena Vista Construction sure does........along with plans for another resort on the EPCOT monroail, but you understand these are simply rumors......

janner said:
[I posted this thread to the DVC Board recently. Thanks to those of you who have already responded. Thought I'd try it on this great new board as well.]
I called DVC the other day to ask Linda Streetman about the Contemporary Villa rumors. The person I spoke with, Celeste, said Linda left in early December to become a realtor, so she would have a more flexible schedule for spending time with her daughter.
All I can say is "WAAAAAAAAAAAA!" We like Linda so much and can't imagine DVC without her. :sad: :sad:
Dan and Scott of these boards led us to Linda, and we always felt comfortable working with her. She never blinked about the two of us buying points together. The guide we got assigned to today asked how I was related to Madelyn. I was pleased to say we were partners of 21 years, but I would have been even more pleased if she had not asked at all.
If any same sex DISers want to recommend their guide, we're listening.
Janet and Maddy

Hey girls!

Our new guide is Katy Rader-we meet her on a cruise several years ago as a sales associate, now she is a guide. Went to meet her last week-she is great, remembered us right away from the cruise!

So when is your next trip?

Glad to see ya!

Dan and Scott

Our guide (was) Linda Streetman. We never actually met (or spoke for that matter), since we bought resale.

It was kind of neat to see her on the DVC channel at WDW, though.

I wonder if our new guide will contact us, or will we hear nothing unless we call and specifically ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter