guide books??????????does anyone buy these?

kmkja1 said:
I have the '05 books as well and have been wondering if it is worth to buy the '06 editions. They seem to me to be mostly the same info with a few things updated. Any opinions?

Well I can tell you this, my friend who I travled with in April '05 had the 2004 editions and bought the 2005 edition when we planned our trip in December 2004. He let me borrow the '04's, and eventually let me look at the 2005. But really, they are the bible of Disney. So much valuable information. Very easy to use. Someone mentioned that they wouldn't read it cover to cover and that's true. Because it covers soooo much information, some of it will not apply to you, (for instance all the helpful hints for traveling with younger children, I traveled with 4 teenage boys!) but the way they are designed you can grab it quick when you have a question and find the answers in just a minute or two.

We're hoping to go in March. I've seen the Unofficial Guide and the Birnbaum books. But what is a Passporter and Tour Guide Mike's and where do you buy them? I've not seen these at Barne's & Nobel or Books-A-Million.

I bought my Passporter at Amazon.com, but now I get them from their own website Passporter.com. Check it out- they're awesome! They'll give you 30% coupons on future orders and they ship fast. I have been very pleased.
Sorry can't answer for the other book. I've never heard of that one.

Thanks. I just went to their site and it looks awsome. I'm gonna show my husband when he gets home with the boys to see if he likes it. I may be ordering one tonight. I'm so excited.

I just picked up my copies of Birnbaum's and the Unofficial Guide (2006) editions. Wow...I'll be up all night!

Just by a quick glance, the Unofficial Guide looks a lot different. They've added a lot of features - color being one of them!

Birnbaum's looks updated - several of the charts seem to be more user friendly and visually attractive.

ok...gotta go read! :wave2:

I love the Unofficial Guide and it always has new tips I can use. Disney changes all the time and I don't find their website all that helpful. I got the Passporter Deluxe for my most recent trip and I didn't find the information all that helpful, but the organization pockets are amazing, I would have lost my confirmation numbers, tickets, etc. without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter