Guide and resale

geniegirl

DIS Veteran
So we had been talking to a guide for a few years, met in person last trip and did the phone talk a few years back too. Anyways we ended up going resale but when I got my welcome e-mail it was signed by him. Does he get anything for this, just wondered why our case was assigned back to him or are they just hoping that one day I will add on direct. He is a nice guy but just couldn't justify the cost.

It is the add-on issue. Once you have been assigned a sales rep they try to keep you with the same one for as long as possible even if you become a member via resale. He gets nothing for the resale purchase but he is now the person you would contact if you wanted to do an add-on through Disney.

Thanks just what I figured but I felt bad because I didn't call him back after our last talk then purchased resale the next day. It's more of a guilt thing but the money I saved should get me over that.

Thanks just what I figured but I felt bad because I didn't call him back after our last talk then purchased resale the next day. It's more of a guilt thing but the money I saved should get me over that.

All is fair in love, war, and business! You did what you thought was right for you and your family. No one can fault you for that. The "guides" are salespersons. There job is to convince you that buying from them is the best option. Your guide failed to do that. When it comes to money, you should never make decisions based on emotion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter