Guest List Count

OilyStars

Earning My Ears
Hey all..

We're still trying to decide whether we want a Disney wedding or have something at home. Every time I start stressing over the details here, I take one step closer to having a Disney wedding.

We've already booked our Disneymoon for Oct 2009 (YAY!). That was the easy part. In fact,, it was the first thing we did after we got engaged; We booked our honeymoon!

Anyways... as I said, we can't decide if we want to get married here, or take off and have something in Disneyworld. I can actually do/plan more if we have it in Disney World since we would end up spending a little more (go figure!) on less people. Where as if we have it here, it's less $$ and more people... yep, that makes no sense.

Ok, got off topic again... My question: When planning your Disney wedding, how did you figure out how many people to invite? Or how did you figure out how many people would come? We keep thinking "Oh so and so would come, or would they? well how do we find out?"

Guests also help determine whether we have an escape or a wishes wedding.

I'm sorry - I rambled!:surfweb:

Well for me, I started off only inviting, parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters and my aunt and uncle who I am close with and of course our bridal party. We had 18 people but I still wanted to do a wishes wedding so I could customize. Well word got out about where we were getting married and EVERYONE wanted to come. We are currently at 35 people now and that is where we are staying. There are still more people that want to come but we just don't want anything big so instead we are having an at home reception when we return and inviting 150 people.

We knew it would be an Escape and the max is 18 guests. He got 9 people to do with what he wants and I did too.

Everyone understands it is a samll wedding, it is exactly what we want, and how we refuse to go in debt just so we could have a big wedding to make OTHER people happy.

We are having an Escape wedding. We stuck to IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY! So there is only 13 invited. Due to money issues, 3 probably won't be able to come. So that leaves 10.
We count my cousin and her hubby as immediate family because they are how DF and I met and they will be MOH and Best Man(can't bring myself to use the abbreviation on that one!:lmao: )
I always just wanted the people that I am closest to at my wedding. I feel its more intimate. I also think of it this way: If I have a big wedding, somebody will complain about something. I have been to weddings where I have overheard people saying nasty things about the bride or the venue or the food etc. So now I don't have to worry about paying for food for complainers that I didn't really want to see anyway but felt I had to invite them. It is cheaper for us to have a Disney wedding than an at home one. If I had it at home it would have turned into this: "I can't invite Suzy Q without inviting so and so and then i would HAVE to invite blah blah blah..." and this list would go on and I would have alot of people and a wedding that cost me over $10,000 that I feel I can spend better. My wedding is going to cost me(including the vacation) maybe $7500- $8000. Sorry this was long...If you want you want your wedding small, write out a list and decide who really is the most important to you. It is hard because there are going to be people you want to invite. That's why I stuck to immediate family only. That way there really is no hurt feelings. :wizard:

I've been trying to figure out who I would want to come, and who I could leave off the list, but it gets complicated when it gets to aunts and uncles because I'm really close to my Aunt, but not close to my uncles and the way my family works is if i didn't invite the uncles, then I can't invite my Aunt.. And I definitely want my Aunt there...

Also, my MOH wouldn't be able to come.. Her and her family just can't afford it and it's really important to have her there too..

So I guess based on what I just said... I should stick with a home-base wedding.. :(

My family is SO sensitive... it's riduculous! *grumbles*

Could you do an escape wedding in Disney and have a reception at home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter