Guesses about Candlelight Processional

kittysmommy

Will work for Disneyland vacations!
I know it's REALLY early, but I'm trying to figure out when the CP will be in December so I can avoid that weekend for an early Dec. trip. Since Dec 1 is on a Saturday, I'm not sure when it would it. Does anyone recall what weekend it was on when this happened in the past?

I appreciate your help!

My money says it will be the first Saturday in December. Then the CM parties will be the following Tuesday and Wednedsay, the 4th and 5th, I think.

Didn't they have it both on Saturday and Sunday night last year?

I agree with Renta, it is traditionally the first weekend of December.

Last year it was the second weekend in December (December 9-10) and with the first Saturday being December 1 this year, my bet is that it will again be the second weekend - December 8-9.

Last year it was the second weekend in December (December 9-10) and with the first Saturday being December 1 this year, my bet is that it will again be the second weekend - December 8-9.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. I researched threads from last year, and found this:

"This year, Annual Passholders can experience the Disneyland® Resort's Candlelight Ceremony in a whole new light. The Resort is offering the opportunity to enjoy a special dinner at one of six restaurants at the Resort, followed by premium seating of this year's Candlelight Ceremony in Disneyland® Park, Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3, 2006. There will be two shows per night, 5:30 PM and 8:00 PM.

The ceremony, which has been a Disneyland® Park tradition for over 45 years, will feature a 600-member choir accompanied by the Disneyland® Orchestra, along with a celebrity Guest Narrator who will retell the story of "The First Christmas" in a powerful tapestry of narrative and music."

I too would like to know but because we DO want to go. We are AP's so I am hoping we will get info in advance but I know a lot of times I don't get my magazine till WAY after other people so I usually have to rely on this site or Mouseplanet to tell me.

DH and I want to go and I know they had a lot of problems with the tickets last year so I am hoping we get enough notice that they don't sell out before we can get tickets.

I too would like to know but because we DO want to go. We are AP's so I am hoping we will get info in advance but I know a lot of times I don't get my magazine till WAY after other people so I usually have to rely on this site or Mouseplanet to tell me.

DH and I want to go and I know they had a lot of problems with the tickets last year so I am hoping we get enough notice that they don't sell out before we can get tickets.

Last year, they started selling the ticket/packages for CP on November 5. I'd just keep my eyes peeled to MP and Dis. I'm sure Darkbeer will report it as soon as it's available.

Yes, last year we got there on the 10th so I know for sure it was the weekend before. I agree that it will be the 1st, I hope because I wanna go the following weekend again~

Andrea

Sorry, ScooterL it was definitely the 2nd and 3rd of December in 2006. We were there and loved every second of it. Definitely a highlight of our trip.
Yes, it will likely be the 1st and 2nd this year.

My money says it will be the first Saturday in December. Then the CM parties will be the following Tuesday and Wednedsay, the 4th and 5th, I think.

Do they close the park earlier for the parties?? We are planning a trip from Dec 2-Dec 6th.

Yes they close earlier (DL does--DCA stays open later to accomodate guests) than normal--6pm. And it's a hard close--Main Street won't stay open for another hour like it normally does. As soon as the fireworks are over, that's it.

Thanks for the info everyone! I think I'll plan on the 6-10. We try to go every December since that's my favorite time. I love the Christmas decorations, but the one year we went when the CP was taking place wasn't as fun, crowded, and limited our time in DL. Now I just need to finish convincing my DH we really do need that third trip this year!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter