Guess I need to start this PTR! Only 6 months to go!

party: :mickeyjum :donald: :goofy:WISHING YOU GUYS A WEEK OF MAGICAL ADVENTURES! SOAK UP ALL THE MAGIC, STAY COOL, AND MOST OF ALL WISHING YOU A DRY WEEK:goofy: :donald: :mickeyjum party:

:wave: Connie

So, I now have 15 hours until we head out on our journey! :cool1::banana: So Cool! I am sitting at school waiting to leave, but can't leave until 4:30 today. I have to go to WalMart, so will try to do that during lunch. All I really need to do is finish unpacking my school studd when I get home, finish laundry- stuff we're not taking, but I refuse to come home to old laundry! And I'll need to clean the house as I also refuse to come home to a messy house! Oh and laod up the truck of course! I'll fill it up with gas on the way home. DH got some cash, I have a list to make sure we have everything. I hope we have it all. DH said to me this morning, " What am I going to do about tennis shoes?" :confused3:eek: Huh? He never wear tennis shoes except to mos in. He lives in his sandals- I forget the brand, but expensive ones that he said he'd wear every day. When I questioned him on this, he said- what if it rains? Ummm- I think you'd prefer sandals that can get wet and dry fast over socks and tennis huh? Then, he said, What about blisters? WHAT??? You've never had a blister and you wear these things everywhere, every day, except for while at work. Then, I said, well go buy some shoes today then. He said Oh no! I don't want to do that! MEN!!!! :sad2: So, maybe I'll just go get him some to shut him up? ARG!
I also wanted some water shoes for TL but have yet to find any. Maybe I can find some at Wal-Mart- let's hope! If not, I'll just do without.

Oh, and we added on the DP yesterday as a last minute decision. I called in my room requests and then did online check in- did I mention that already? Anyway, we weren't going to use the DP and were just gonna do TIW, but then I realized that we'd end up spending more on groceries and all than DP woudl cost when we factored in the sit downs we were having. The difference was nothing. We'll only have the tips and part of that will be made up by not buying the TIW card. Yes, I know I could have used it the next time we come, but I like the ease of the DP and it makes me not worry so much what I'm spending. So, we'll see how we feel about it this time since we don't get the appetizers and tips aren't included. If we don't like it, we'll just not get it again.

OK, shutting up now I guess! I'm sure they'll be an update at some point as I am already too excited to sleep! Couldn't sleep last night, so I know I'll be up until we leave at 2 AM!

We're here! I am sitting here in my SSR 2BR Villa! So tired already!! We left at 2 AM Saturday morning like we planned :scared1: It was a good trip down. I didn't sleep the night before, DH got about 3 1/3-4 hours of sleep, though. He started the drive as I can't see at night. At about 6 AM, I started driving so he could sleep. We got to the resort at about 2-ish. We did do online check in and it worked out well. There was one person doing that already when we got in and we had a wait about 5 minutes. No biggie at all though. We basically got all of our requests except being by the pool. But, we are at the Grandtand area, which I love! It's the first bus stop- yay! That really helps.

We got into our room, took baths/showers, etc and felt so much better. Then we headed out to Contemporary. We drive over there, though. We had our first meal at CM at 5 PM. That worked out well. We forgot about the time change though and got there way early. Oh well. Nate (DS 22 mos) was too cute with the characters. Who knew what would happen when he finally saw them? Would he be scared, freak out, go crazy?popcorn::

He actually just started with the biggest eyes ever at them! He loves Donald and kept saying "duck" while seeing him. We kept him in his high chair most of the time to avoid issues. I let him out with Mickey though and got the cutest picture of him hugging him! I will upload and post that ASAP.

So afterwards, we decided to head over to MK to see Spectro for the first time ever. First, we had to exchange our AP voucher and upgrade DH and buy DS'(Alex). That was a nightmare, lemme tell ya! :mad:

We took the monorail over to TTC, but the ticket booths were closed already. Maybe I couldn't have gotten them there anyway, but that made me a little mad. Then, the monorail back to the MK was closed, so we had to take the bus over. We got over to Guest Relations and finally got our tickets done. After DH got over the sticker shock:scared: we :scared:went on into the MK. I was dying by then. But, I'm glad we got that hassle over with before our first real park day.

So, on to do some rides before Spectro!! We first went to Adventure Land. The Jungle Cruise line said 85 minutes:confused: I can't imagine it was really that long, but didn't want to chance it. So, we got FP for about 30 minutes later instead. Headed over to the Tiki Room and got right in. Then, went on Pirates, which said a 20 minute wait, but probably wasn't that long- we walked right through with very little stopping. Maybe it was 20 minutes by the time we got all the way up there, but it was quick. I was a little worried about DS2 on it since he's so young, but he did great. Just kinda took it all in. When we got out, it was time to go to the Jungle Cruise- one of our favorites. Man, the backside of water just doesn't get old, does it?;) Love those corny jokes! Both DS really liked this and it is already clear that DS2 will love anything that involves a boat. When we left, he kept waving and saying "bye boat." Sweet baby.

We then headed to Main St to watch Spectro. Loved that one! So cool. Left MK before Wishes, though. Walked back to Contemporary to get truck and get home. Ahhh, bed!

Next up, Will we survive SWW with a baby and hot weather?

Brandi thanks for the update! glad to hear you guys made it safely and have already started in the magic!!! Glad to hear your baby is loving the characters; our DS loves them too!
Have a magical time! :wave: Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!