Guardians of the (Epcot) Galaxy

Can I ask my fellow DIS'ers a question. What is with the love for Guardians of the Galaxy? I think it was a good enough flick, but its just another cookie cutter super hero movie. The only character name I can even remember is the tree was named groot or something like that because that's all he could say. Let Universal have that. They can make a roller coaster with a raccoon shaped cars, I want my Disney different and unique. I wish Disney would stick to Disney and stick to what made Disney what it is today.......Imagination.
Disney store afraid to use original ideas. Disney doesn't want to spend millions on something like Haunted Mansion today in case it fails. Going with a property they own and is relatively popular is more of a safe bet.

Disney can still be different and unique with an intellectual property though.

I suppose my question is why the need? Why cant Disney just use its own property. I don't recall seeing an Erector set at LEGOLAND.
Disney owns marvel it technically is its own property. I get your point but that's like saying TSMM shouldn't be in the parks because it's Pixar and not Disney animation.

Disney owns marvel it technically is its own property. I get your point but that's like saying TSMM shouldn't be in the parks because it's Pixar and not Disney animation.

I guess. But they are getting away from what made them great. The imagination is going away. They don't imagine as much as they used to, now they just buy what they want.

I guess. But they are getting away from what made them great. The imagination is going away. They don't imagine as much as they used to, now they just buy what they want.

I'm not really sure I understand your point?

The Marvel movie franchise is hugely popular and hugely profitable. Probably the 2nd most profitable next to Star wars. They would be stupid not to bring Marvel to the parks. Marvel movies are Disney. How is Marvel not imagination?

Big Hero 6 was made by Disney Studios not Marvel so it's technically not a marvel property anymore.

So could Disney Studios release an animated Avengers movie and it then technically not be a Marvel property.

My kingdom for a Disney Studios/Pixar animated Avengers movie.

So could Disney Studios release an animated Avengers movie and it then technically not be a Marvel property.

My kingdom for a Disney Studios/Pixar animated Avengers movie.
I'm not really sure. Big Hero 6 had no marvel branding in it. I don't think they would be able to use Iron Man in an animated film and then be able to use him in the parks. There are likely only certain exceptions to this. Big Hero 6 would've probably been able to be used in the parks before it was a Disney studios film.

I'm not really sure I understand your point?

The Marvel movie franchise is hugely popular and hugely profitable. Probably the 2nd most profitable next to Star wars. They would be stupid not to bring Marvel to the parks. Marvel movies are Disney. How is Marvel not imagination?

They bought Marvel in 2009. I'm sure Gardians was in the works when Marvel was acquired. They bought Starwars in 2012. And I'm sure both profitable (ESPN? not so much). I am saying Disney is just acquiring whatever they think will make them a buck, which again I don't have a problem with. But when you try to take all these different things and slap them in a theme park, its not much of a theme park anymore. More of a random park. Disney didn't Imagine any of this.

And maybe I'm the only person who would love for Disney to say a THEME park full of Disney Imagineering. Not a corporate park full of intellectual property acquisitions.

shrug

And maybe I'm the only person who would love for Disney to say a THEME park full of Disney Imagineering. Not a corporate park full of intellectual property acquisitions.

shrug
That would never happen. Even walt wanted his properties in the parks because it was a way of advertisement. Heck sleeping beauty castle was built before the movie came out to hype the movie.

They bought Marvel in 2009. I'm sure Gardians was in the works when Marvel was acquired. They bought Starwars in 2012. And I'm sure both profitable (ESPN? not so much). I am saying Disney is just acquiring whatever they think will make them a buck, which again I don't have a problem with. But when you try to take all these different things and slap them in a theme park, its not much of a theme park anymore. More of a random park. Disney didn't Imagine any of this.
Lucas was looking to retire so that's why he sold to Disney. Espn was bought long before it was in trouble like it is today. Walt did imagine properties in his parks, look at the opening of Disneyland...

shrug

What is Disney Imagineering? I'm not following?

I want to go to a theme park full of cool stuff. I don't care who's idea it was.

Lucas was looking to retire so that's why he sold to Disney. Espn was bought long before it was in trouble like it is today. Walt did imagine properties in his parks, look at the opening of Disneyland....

And that's why Disney will eventually become an Amusement Park

I want to go to a theme park full of cool stuff. I don't care who's idea it was.

Google Disney Imagineering. I thought everyone has heard of it.

And that's why Disney will eventually become an Amusement Park

Google Disney Imagineering. I thought everyone has heard of it.
If Disney was going to eventually become an "amusement park" it would've already. Like I said Walt himself wanted his movies in his parks.

Imagineering? I'm honestly surprised you don't know what that is. They are the designers of what gets put in Disney theme parks. The term was coined by Walt himself.

Imagineering? I'm honestly surprised you don't know what that is. They are the designers of what gets put in Disney theme parks. The term was coined by Walt himself.

Marvel is a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company. Operated separately. Would Walt have wanted just Disney movies or anything he would have owned in his parks. I cant answer that. Pretty sure you cant either.

Marvel is a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company. Operated separately. Would Walt have wanted just Disney movies or anything he would have owned in his parks. I cant answer that. Pretty sure you cant either.
I didn't say I could answer that but you can't say Walt didn't want Disney movies in the parks because he sure did.

I know that, but I don't get specifically what he wants from them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter