Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SnackyStacky, Apr 22, 2012.

1. BeachyMouse

BeachyMouse Earning My Ears

I've seen a bunch of posts on these reservations. Does anyone know what kind of savings your getting on these cruises? Such as what the normal price is, and what you paid, difference. I havent seen many posts with this info. Didnt know if its worth the hunt.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. emilymad

emilymad DIS Veteran

I was wondering the same thing. We are looking to do the Dream in the summer but I am trying to estimate cost compared to other options.

4. katds10

katds10 Mouseketeer

You can't request anything for the I/O/VGT rates and can't request a change once it's been assigned either. It's a gamble! But the great rate is usually worth it!

5. katds10

katds10 Mouseketeer

I've done VGT before and people who booked VGT after me got rooms in the same category as well as higher categories. Same with people who booked earlier. I think it's random. They used to try to keep linked cabins near each other but people have been saying not to count on that anymore with people with linked cabins winding up on different floors.

6. eganfire

eganfire Earning My Ears

I am GTY and waiting

7. Mickdeb

Mickdeb DIS Veteran

I just booked a VGT rate for a last minute cruise, 4 nights on the Dream.....3 weeks away.:cool1:
    We are paying $708 each, for the first 2 adults in the cabin.
    Opening day price for this cruise for the least expensive inside cabin (11C) was $700.I think we got a great deal, we are thrilled.
    That said, the discounts vary, it depends on the time of year, how popular/full the cruise is, etc.

8. Geil

Geil Earning My Ears

First time cruiser, first time DCL. Glad I found this site and helped me understand the whole story about IGT/OGT/VGT.
    Now my assumption is that DCL decides which date/cruise/type gets the treatment based on how many rooms are left. Would it be safe to say that if one were to hope that his selected date gets this treatment, should not hold on to any rooms to keep the number of rooms available as low as possible? I am aiming for 11 May on Dream and I think it will be coming up with the next round of VGTs in a week or two. I want to get the best deal possible and hold off on the purchase until I can be sure I won't get a deal.
    I guess my question is what are the chances of VGT for this date/cruise or should I just throw in the towel and book it. Any disadvantage in sticking to my guns? Also is it still possible to request to be seated with my friends for dinner if I sign up late for the cruise via VGT?

Thanks for any advise
    Sincerely yours
    Noob

9. sunnypeople51

sunnypeople51 Earning My Ears

I think I understand the IGT/OGT/VGT but can someone who has booked Guarantee status please give me some insite? This is our 1st DCL cruise. We have been on one other cruise. I did not realize we didn't pick a room until we bought and paid for our cruise. I don't think it will be a huge deal but know there are a limited #of cabins for cat. 06a. Just wondering what to expect.....
    Thanks.

10. Geil

Geil Earning My Ears

let another noob tell you :D I just booked 6a Guaranteed too :D On the Dream this category is in the aft section on Deck 8 or 9. You are guaranteed a room in this category or better. In my case I booked Tue and Wed they assigned a room number. You have to check your booking as you will not get any notifications.

11. Ofinn

Ofinn DIS Veteran

GTY rates get assigned about 50 days out and GT rates about 10 days out. You are definitely right you have to keep checking your reservation DCL won't notify you .

12. sunnypeople51

sunnypeople51 Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the information.

13. shezdsny

shezdsny Earning My Ears

Great info! this is the first time we booked a cruise not knowing our room number

14. magickid

magickid Earning My Ears

I think I understand the differences now! thank you very much everybody

15. Donald & Daisy Duck

Donald & Daisy Duck <font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!

anyone know when VGT etc rates come out? We are crusing in August of 2014 but are looking to move our cruise a week later but it is alot more expensive now than when we booked...any idea if and when VGT may become available?

16. kphillip99

kphillip99 Earning My Ears

We are thinking of taking the Oct 4th Fantasy. I have been watching prices for awhile now and they have not changed. I would really like to get a GT ratepixiedust:. Should I hold out or just book. Really don't care where we are on the ship. It would be 2A and 2K (11,13).

17. Ofinn

Ofinn DIS Veteran

They have released some GT rates for July. They won't come out until after the PIF date. Sometimes it's right after the PIF date and sometimes it's just a couple of weeks before the cruise. It's really hare to say, but I would start checking everyday after the PIF date.

18. Donald & Daisy Duck

Donald & Daisy Duck <font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!

19. disneydork3

disneydork3 Obsessed with Disney

I know the differences between the two, but I'm still searching for this answer. We have a GTY booked for our Southern cruise this Oct. If they assign us a room and we really don't like it (from reading reviews) can we change that room if there is still availability? I'm torn between switching from 9C to 9B as we haven't been on deck 2 and what's on deck 3 worries me. Could we change it before we sail?

20. SoonerfanJames

SoonerfanJames Earning My Ears

I booked a 7 Day VGT cruise on Fantasy ( West Carb) for Jun 21st about two weeks ago. 3 People in Cabin ( 1 adult and 2 kids).. PD $6043 ( 2366 X 2 & 1309 X 1) Still waiting for room assignment.. Will try to upgrade at port..

First Disney Cruise.. pirate:pirate:pirate:

21. SoonerfanJames

SoonerfanJames Earning My Ears

I booked a 7 Day VGT cruise on Fantasy ( West Carb) for Jun 21st about two weeks ago. 3 People in Cabin ( 1 adult and 2 kids).. PD $6043 ( 2366 X 2 & 1309 X 1) Still waiting for room assignment.. Will try to upgrade at port..

First Disney Cruise.. pirate:pirate:pirate: