• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hello all. I have a dilemma that I am hoping you all could give insight to. We have been holding out for a year hoping for an MTO on the Sept 5 or Sept 19 sailing of the Fantasy to the Caribean. It will be a surprise for our kiddos, who have begged us about a Disney Cruise for years. We have 5 kids so we would need 2 rooms. This would be a first cruise. Anyhow, as you know, there hasn't been an MTO listed for those sailings and we aren't sure what to do. Keep waiting and hoping and lose our chance? Go crazy and spend $9,000 and just do it!? Or take advantage of the MTO rate for the October 23 sailing for the Panama Cruise, which would basically cost us the same amount of money but for a vacation that is twice as long? That might seem like a no brainer thing to do. Same price for 2 times the amount of cruise! Here are our hesitations....(1) the ship. My one daughter got us all excited about the Fantasy ship. (2) the ports of call. We really wanted to experience Castaway Cay or Key (not sure of the name). (3) Wifi being reliable. We homeschool our kids but they do an online school that requires use of the internet. For a 7 day cruise we could adjust their schedule so that they can just kick back and not do school for those 7 days. However, for a 14 day cruise plus a day earlier for travel etc. I'm not sure if we can not do school work for that amount of time. If my high school aged son could do at least a couple of hours of online work while on the boat, that would make it doable. I know that you have to pay for the wifi but does anyone know how reliable it is? Your thoughts are appreciated.
The magic and wonder have the internet cafe. I havent been on the wonder yet but the magic has about 10 desktop computers. The internet worked find. I found the data usage went slower than with their computers then with mine. content. My laptop ate up the mbs. You have to turn all the background stuff off. I like using the computers in the cafe. They have nice comfy chairs and its quiet. They have package plans and the prices arent bad.im thinking about online school for my oldest. If you do it let us know how it works out.

We sailed on the Fantasy Dec 5 2014 in a veradah for 2400 fot the 4 of us. You could still get those good rates last year. Im hoping they offer those rates the same week this year. The ship was not full even with discounts. I think thats a week that just doesnt sell. None of my dh's coworkers will sail dcl even with an interline rate. They say its still too expensive.

Yeah we did Fantasy last year over Halloween on the VGT. It was in the $2400 range for the two of us. Last year it seemed like almost every cruise had some discount posted for it, so I thought for sure there would be some this year. Still hoping, but don't want to miss out on the good deals elsewhere, so we'll see what happens. Normally I'd probably keep waiting at least for the Halloween cruises, but my wife is pregnant so we have to get a cruise in before she gets to the 24 week cutoff.

I don't think any of my coworkers have done DCL either due to the cost, but all my cruisin' coworkers are either childless or empty-nesters. And if there is a good interline on DCL there is almost an equally good one with one of the other majors. My wife and I just enjoy the Disney service and attention to detail, though.

momof2n2, nice to meet you! Thanks for the tips on how to get enough posts to pm. I will have to give that a try. So, we decided to take advantage of the Panama Cruise MTO deal and when I called to book they put a courtesy hold on it while we decide whether or not to include insurance. What that means is that we can see if any deals come out tomorrow. :) If not, we are going to go for it! Oct 23 sailing. :) Once I get to the 10 post total I can message you and we can chat about homeschooling. :) Ofinn, thanks for the advice on the internet. It sounds like it just might work for us. BTW, online school has worked well for us but we do modify a bit to make it more hands on. Feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks all. And thank you for this website Justacruiser!

momof2n2, nice to meet you! Thanks for the tips on how to get enough posts to pm. I will have to give that a try. So, we decided to take advantage of the Panama Cruise MTO deal and when I called to book they put a courtesy hold on it while we decide whether or not to include insurance. What that means is that we can see if any deals come out tomorrow. :) If not, we are going to go for it! Oct 23 sailing. :) Once I get to the 10 post total I can message you and we can chat about homeschooling. :) Ofinn, thanks for the advice on the internet. It sounds like it just might work for us. BTW, online school has worked well for us but we do modify a bit to make it more hands on. Feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks all. And thank you for this website Justacruiser!

If we weren't doing the Hawaii cruise I would book that cruise. My kids have always been homeschooled. My oldest is in 7th grade. If we continue to homeschool through high school I think I'm going to try the online program. I feel like he's getting to a point where he needs more structure and accountability than I can provide. I really hate to put him in a regular school, and give up my off season vacations. I think online school would still allow us to take at least one or two trips during the school year.

I would buy insurance, but not through DCL. I use "insure my trip . com". I get cancellation and medical coverage. They have lots of different plans to choose from. I insured our Hawaii cruise for 80.00 dollars total. Two adults and 2 kids. The medical is the most important to me. I have read horror stories. If you need a medical evacuation it could be 30k or more. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your cruise.

Here are the rates for today 8/3/2015

*GT
Dream, 4-Night Bahamian Cruise VGT $2,685.00
Wonder, 14-Night Eastern Panama Canal Cruise 10/23/2015 IGT $3,374.00 OGT $3,850.00

MTO
Wonder, 14-Night Eastern Panama Canal Cruise 10/23/2015 MTO/I $3,094.00 MTO/O $3,374.00

I just want to thank everyone for continuing to view this threat these 17 months! It looks like we get 489 hits every day for this thread! Thank you all!

I have shared before, but instead of having you look over the 90 pages (wow) of threads, I thought I would post right here. The question is, how (on my own) can I see how many rooms there are? Well, I can't see a lot but I have learned that the maximum amount of rooms you can see when looking for a room in the system is 8.

So, lets look at an example. Lets look at the Panama Canal Cruise on 10/23/2015. Select the cruise on DisneyCruise.com. So lets look at the Stateroom with Verandah. Click on the 5B (or category you want). In my example I am clicking the 5B, select NEXT. At the Stateroom Number, this is where you can select the desired room. Click the SELECT and it will show you the available rooms. Today there are only 2 rooms left, room 6094 and room 6068.

So, if want to view another category room, select the CHANGE button at the Stateroom with Verandah. The select the next desired category to review. I am selecting the 5A this time. Redo the Stateroom Number as before hitting the SELECT button. This time it shows 8 rooms, so..... there is least 8 rooms available.

Ok, 1 more...... click on the CHANGE button for the Stateroom with Verandah again. This time select the 4E and then the SELECT button. This shows only 4 rooms.

that simple......

Now for the GTY rooms, that means there are a limited number of rooms available and they want to assign you a room. I find GOOD luck booking these. By the way, this is NOT a discount, however I tend to get pixie dust when I book. However, DO NOT book a GTY unless you are completely satisfied with price and category and will accept anything they give you in the category or above category. I'll give you an example, some people really like the 5E with the extended balconies and book at GTY for 5E. And upon a specific booking, got updated to a 4B, for most of us we would think awesome. But for them, they wanted the 5E.

There are those that think just because a specific cruise had a lot of room categories left, there are a lot of rooms. That is not necessarily the case. You have to dig like I do to see how many room categories have many rooms left.

Thanks again for reading my updates.

I am still standing on my Fantasy 9/12 and 9/19 B2B MTO (30th wedding anniversary), just need them to throw it out there for me.

Let me know if this helps and if you have other questions.

I just want to thank everyone for continuing to view this threat these 17 months! It looks like we get 489 hits every day for this thread! Thank you all!

I have shared before, but instead of having you look over the 90 pages (wow) of threads, I thought I would post right here. The question is, how (on my own) can I see how many rooms there are? Well, I can't see a lot but I have learned that the maximum amount of rooms you can see when looking for a room in the system is 8.

So, lets look at an example. Lets look at the Panama Canal Cruise on 10/23/2015. Select the cruise on DisneyCruise.com. So lets look at the Stateroom with Verandah. Click on the 5B (or category you want). In my example I am clicking the 5B, select NEXT. At the Stateroom Number, this is where you can select the desired room. Click the SELECT and it will show you the available rooms. Today there are only 2 rooms left, room 6094 and room 6068.

So, if want to view another category room, select the CHANGE button at the Stateroom with Verandah. The select the next desired category to review. I am selecting the 5A this time. Redo the Stateroom Number as before hitting the SELECT button. This time it shows 8 rooms, so..... there is least 8 rooms available.

Ok, 1 more...... click on the CHANGE button for the Stateroom with Verandah again. This time select the 4E and then the SELECT button. This shows only 4 rooms.

that simple......

Now for the GTY rooms, that means there are a limited number of rooms available and they want to assign you a room. I find GOOD luck booking these. By the way, this is NOT a discount, however I tend to get pixie dust when I book. However, DO NOT book a GTY unless you are completely satisfied with price and category and will accept anything they give you in the category or above category. I'll give you an example, some people really like the 5E with the extended balconies and book at GTY for 5E. And upon a specific booking, got updated to a 4B, for most of us we would think awesome. But for them, they wanted the 5E.

There are those that think just because a specific cruise had a lot of room categories left, there are a lot of rooms. That is not necessarily the case. You have to dig like I do to see how many room categories have many rooms left.

Thanks again for reading my updates.

I am still standing on my Fantasy 9/12 and 9/19 B2B MTO (30th wedding anniversary), just need them to throw it out there for me.

Let me know if this helps and if you have other questions.
thank you for the info as always!

Thank you, Justacruiser.
I'm not in the market until 2017 as we've got an NCL booked for next year and no other times to travel. YET - I am subscribed to this thread and read every single entry!!

It seems like the September cruises this year are almost completely full on the Dream. We have been the last couple of years during September and we have gotten Fla Res Rates but looks like DCL is doing a better job of filling up the ships this year vs last without having to do that.

Looks like the higher price point isn't scaring everyone away.

I know a lot of you are waiting on discounts in September. I went back to last years updates in July and August... starting around page 13. The only GT, MTO rates I saw in September were the SC out of San Juan and a GT on the Sept 28 Dream. Oct 4 and on just about every cruise had some sort of discount. I skimmed through the pages so maybe I missed something, but I didn't see a lot of Sept discounts. On July 31 of last year there were GT rates for the first 2 weeks of October, but nothing listed for the Fantasy in September.

I know a lot of you are waiting on discounts in September. I went back to last years updates in July and August... starting around page 13. The only GT, MTO rates I saw in September were the SC out of San Juan and a GT on the Sept 28 Dream. Oct 4 and on just about every cruise had some sort of discount. I skimmed through the pages so maybe I missed something, but I didn't see a lot of Sept discounts.
I do this all the time - go back and look!

I do this all the time - go back and look!
We did the discounted San Juan cruise last year. I was waiting for discounts on the Fantasy and they never came. I had to go back and make sure. As it turns out the SC cruise was by far my favorite cruise we have done, and the Magic is my favorite ship. Three years ago we cruised on the Dream in September, and there were a lot of CM's onboard. In fact we stayed at the Wilderness lodge before the cruise and several of the CM's we talked to were going to cruise that month. Maybe they let the CM's fill the ships in September???? Hopefully for everybody waiting especially Justacruiser the discounts come.

We bit the bullet and booked full fare for 3/14 on the Dream... Lack of fall discounts has us frustrated but historically, we haven't booked a winter cruise until October so fingers crossed for FLR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter